CamView for Wheesy and Jessie

More
14 Sep 2017 01:31 #98928 by Gene1934
Gene1934 replied the topic: CamView for Wheezy and Jessie Revisited
Dropping back in quite late, as my isp's mailserver has been constipated since early this morning.

When I was trying to follow along with lchGucksLive this morning, I was fighting with a machine that needed rebooting, but was giving me zero hints.

To summerize, uptodate wheezy, linuxcnc-2.8-pre using axis, and after a powerdown reboot, qv4l2 can find and display the camera just fine now. The original link to the program kit is dead, but I have collected what I believe to be a 1 or 2x updated version of it, but I'd like to confirm that I do indeed have the most recently updated stuffs.

So if an uptodate list of these files needed exists, I'd be most gratefull.

I'll be out of pocket the next 2 days, tomorrow they use a backhoe in my mouth to get the remains of a molar we root canal'd 30 years ago out, and the next day I'm trading vehicles. But should be able to do whatever Saturday, on my side of the pond. :)

Thank you all.

Cheers, Gene1934
More
29 Sep 2017 23:10 #99650 by newbynobi
newbynobi replied the topic: CamView for Wheezy and Jessie Revisited
Hallo,

I am not on my development computer, so I can not check what files are the latest.
Please note also, that CamView was only a proof of concept!

Norbert
More
30 Sep 2017 00:57 #99654 by Gene1934
Its mostly working, until I grab the lcnc window and make it bigger. The camera disappears about the time the control buttons below the backplot window start to come into view. But it survives a full screen click. Go figure...The emcfiles.zip with the stuff that makes it useful is a mess, and as I have time I'm working on that. First button is now an alternate action, so I'll nuke the second one in due time, but the camstore I will make work only when its at the camera position, just to reduce the confusion. The last 2 I think can work in either mode. But I've been busy on house maintenance and haven't played with it in 4 days or so.

So that's where I am with it. Sty tuned, or blow the horn and pass. :)

Take care Norbert.

Cheers, Gene1934
More
12 Dec 2017 13:37 #102993 by Gene1934
There have been some updates to ncam, that when done, will require the setup.py file to be repeated. I have also added to my .xml and postgui.hal files so that the centering function work to move it back and forth and tally the number of points recorded. Today I am going to complete the same treatment for the "align" kit that lets you do pcb's from eagle without making a customized pallet to hold the pcb accurately enough for double sided boards.
The 2nd running of the setup.py also seems to have fixed the disappearing act but the default size of the lcnc window has the camera image dancing like a bowl of jello, but that shaking effect disappears when the lcnc window is expanded a bit. Good stuff you two, and thank you both.
More
12 Dec 2017 13:42 #102995 by ikkuh
ikkuh replied the topic: CamView for Wheezy and Jessie Revisited
great!

Looking forward to the updates.
Moderators: mhaberler
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds