THC config that works.
There is a new problem however. For some reason now, as soon as the arc establishes, and motion begins, the machine moves extremely slow and I have no idea why. Everything works fine, even my own implementation of THC, and normal motion is at the correct speed, but when I issue the M3 command, the motion is extremely slow.
Attached is my thc_toma.ini file
firstname.lastname@example.org wrote: There is a new problem however. For some reason now, as soon as the arc establishes, and motion begins, the machine moves extremely slow and I have no idea why. Everything works fine, even my own implementation of THC, and normal motion is at the correct speed, but when I issue the M3 command, the motion is extremely slow.
It is slightly hard to work out what is happening without the HAL file, but I notice that you enable adaptive feed in the INI, so my assumption would be that you need to calibrate the input to the adaptive feed pin.
What type of THC are you using?
The normal voltage on most of the machines i have and use while cutting 3-6mm thick plates is 113-128 V.
According to the Hypertherm manual, I need an arc voltage of approx 112V for a 1.6 mm plate. As far as I can tell, the THC is working correctly, because I can see that LinuxCNC receives the move up or move down signals.
O, so I sort of understand why I should rather cut thicker metals, but I want/need to cut the thinner material.
I finally got my build to work properly. I do not know whether my solution is the correct method, but it works. I debounced the Arc OK signal with a 100nF cap and that seems to do the trick.
However, I will definitely be ordering a Proma THC or other, because the little Arduino seems to be too problematic and the analog inputs is susceptible to interference from each other.
So I did tie up all the unused inputs to zero, and there was definitely an improvement. Another guy I talked too also suggested that I install a first order low pass filter on the arc voltage input from the plasma cutter, so I will try that as well to see if I can get and improvement.
Thanks to all for helping me.
I am back. I have been having some trouble with the THC user interface that shows the ARK OK, UP DOWN etc. signals. With the input values, such as the switch travel, travel height and gap width. When I change the standard values, it seems that the program does not recognizes the changes. Thus far I have manipulated the torch pierce height and switch travel values with the torch holder, but I have build a new torch holder which does not allow for such manipulation.