How to. 2 or more motors on one axis. Gantry

More
30 Dec 2020 13:04 #193526 by rodw
Can you start Linuxcnc from the command line and paste the output to a text file and share it here?
That can offer uncover something

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2020 16:09 #193557 by nau

Can you start Linuxcnc from the command line and paste the output to a text file and share it here?

here is log with -v run from terminal.

From run Home all, home X&Z, stuck on Y hit e-stop after.
Attachments:

More
30 Dec 2020 17:27 #193565 by tommylight
From the attached log:
HAL: ERROR: signal 'spindle-vel-cmd-rpm' not found
Otherwise there is no useful info in that attachment .
To check the limit switches, start LinuxCNC and watch the DRO while tripping the limit switches manually, check if the limit switch on say X axis triggers the arrow on screen to the left of the X axis position.

More
30 Dec 2020 18:31 #193569 by nau

To check the limit switches, start LinuxCNC and watch the DRO while tripping the limit switches manually, check if the limit switch on say X axis triggers the arrow on screen to the left of the X axis position.

There is only 1,2,3,4 in DRO section and if I tapping on switch there is nothing happens on DRO screen.
In HAL Configuration it's shown joint0-3.home-sw-in's are signalling while taping.

Here is how preview screen looks like after homing attempt: X and Z homing successfully and set to home pos. Y started to home, Y1 hit limit and stop. Y2 hit limit but goes further.
Attachments:

More
30 Dec 2020 18:39 #193572 by tommylight
That points to incorrect settings in hal and/or miss wired switches in hal.
Hal and ini files ?

More
30 Dec 2020 18:55 #193577 by nau

That points to incorrect settings in hal and/or miss wired switches in hal.
Hal and ini files ?

posted here

More
30 Dec 2020 20:26 - 30 Dec 2020 20:26 #193584 by rodw

here is log with -v run from terminal.

From run Home all, home X&Z, stuck on Y hit e-stop after.

You are in joint mode for some reason based on your homing screen dump. You cannot home Y in joint mode.
Could you remove the "kinstype=b" I do not have it in my config. Mine is a very original config based on 2.8 and if it was present, It caused issues becasue the GUIs at that time could not deal with it.

Also, I would eliminate all warnings and errors from your log. I have a feeling GEOMETRY=XYZ may need to be XYYZ but the docs are inconclusive. There have been a number of changes to behaviour since I set up my machine. Try that and see if it removes the warning.
Last edit: 30 Dec 2020 20:26 by rodw.

More
31 Dec 2020 05:32 - 31 Dec 2020 08:06 #193608 by nau

You are in joint mode for some reason based on your homing screen dump. You cannot home Y in joint mode.
Could you remove the "kinstype=b" I do not have it in my config. Mine is a very original config based on 2.8 and if it was present, It caused issues becasue the GUIs at that time could not deal with it.

Also, I would eliminate all warnings and errors from your log. I have a feeling GEOMETRY=XYZ may need to be XYYZ but the docs are inconclusive. There have been a number of changes to behaviour since I set up my machine. Try that and see if it removes the warning.

Thank you.
fixed error with missing signal, remove GEOMETRY (Geometry has no effect without a rotary axis) - won't helped

as I said before remove or adding kinstype=b or BOTH won't do much - XZ, with parameter I see 4 joints, and without i see 3 axis. Homes in both modes same. One of the Y axis trying to go way way after limit. Log is slightly different without kinstype=b (attached log of run both options with kinstype and without).

BTW there is an option in GUI - view axis mode/world mode. I guess after homing gui shall show axis instead of joints.

Also done one thing - take old config and changed home switch input from another Y axis - homes and works exactly fine.
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Dec 2020 08:06 by nau.

More
31 Dec 2020 05:46 #193610 by rodw
This looks new
Note:
Individual axis homing is not currently supported for
KINEMATICS_IDENTITY with duplicate axis letter <Y>

as I said before remove or adding kinstype=b or BOTH won't do much - XZ, with parameter I see 4 joints, and without i see 3 axis. Homes in both modes same. One of the Y axis trying to go way way after limit. Log is slightly different without kinstype=b (attached log of run both options with kinstype and without).

This sounds like the home switch is not connected to the right pin or the homing direction is wrong. I've been caught with similar issues heaps of times...

More
31 Dec 2020 11:51 #193630 by tommylight

This sounds like the home switch is not connected to the right pin or the homing direction is wrong. I've been caught with similar issues heaps of times...

+1
And yes, when using tandem axis ( two motors for the same axis ) LinuxCNC is always in joint mode until homed, then it switches to world mode.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds