Netmos 9865 pci parallel port help

More
10 Jun 2016 02:45 #75744 by chadrat6458
New to linux. I can't seem to get my machine to move in the stepperconf or linuxcnc. I think I have the latest version installed. Attached is my lspci and hal file. I have an openbuilds ox machine. It has 2 y axis steppers. No limit or homing switches yet. I have the Netmos 9865 single port pci card.

File Attachment:

File Name: lspci.txt
File Size:16 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: my-mill.hal
File Size:3 KB

Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2016 09:28 #75750 by andypugh
It looks like parport_pc has found the parallel port, so rather than using cfg="0x1008 out" you could try "0 out" and let the system worry about the actual memory addresses.

However, it may be that the parallel port is working fine, but the drives are not being enabled.

Do the motor shafts turn by hand when the system is powered off? Do they still turn by hand with the system powered up? How about when LinuxCNC is turned on? I don't see any outputs in the HAL to enable the stepper drives (and that is often perfectly OK) but it would be useful to know that the drives are being enabled before looking at parport problems.

More
10 Jun 2016 22:42 #75792 by chadrat6458
They are locked.

O out does not make a difference.

Keling 4030 drivers. C10 bob

More
11 Jun 2016 10:22 #75810 by andypugh

O out does not make a difference.
Keling 4030 drivers. C10 bob

So, it looks like the drives are enabled. I think the next thing to check is if the parallel port is working.

Do you have any inputs wired up the BoB? You can observe those in the "Watch" tab of halshow. (In Axis you can get to that from Machine->Show HAL Config, otherwise open a terminal window and type "halcmd loadusr halshow"

If you can see the state of some parallel port pins change when you toggle input pins then that indicates that the parallel port is configured and working. If you can't see that it doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't, though.

It might be worth switching the polarity of the step pulses, that is a check-box next to the pin in Stepconf.

More
11 Jun 2016 14:20 - 11 Jun 2016 14:21 #75818 by joe
That's my configuration too - C10 with 3x4030s. I got lazy and plugged both y into one driver instead of trying to configure the slave axis.

It's been a couple of years but I remember having the same problems at first - motors locked when I powered the board, but couldn't talk to it with the computer. I think it turned out to be my wiring between the driver and the motors was off, or I'd messed up one of the (2?) pull up/down switches on the C10. If you want to post a pic or description of how you've wired it, I'll take it out to the workshop and open mine up for comparison.
Last edit: 11 Jun 2016 14:21 by joe. Reason: changed machine to computer.

More
12 Jun 2016 02:47 #75842 by chadrat6458
Here are some Pics.

Joe is yours set to pull up or pull down?

Thanks Guys

Attachments:

More
12 Jun 2016 02:48 #75843 by chadrat6458
the hal stuff
Attachments:

More
12 Jun 2016 03:32 #75844 by joe
Looks good:
In the interior square part of your board, there are three jumpers spaced out in a row.
The far right one is pullup/down for 2-9 and it shold be on 1-2(pulldown). It looks right in the pic
The middle one decides if you're using 2-9 for input or output. It should be 1-2output, looks right in the pic.
The far left one controls the other ports, which are used for input (probes/limit switches/estop etc). It's set to pulldown on mine.

Looks different:
In your pic - upper right corner is a jumper that sets the COM ports to 5V or ground. It should be 5V. It looks like you've got it set to ground? On mine it's set to 5V and it takes the 5V input on the bottom left of your board and sends it to each 4030 (from the COM to the DIR+, and then the DIR+ and PUL+ are jumpered together on the board.)

More
12 Jun 2016 18:46 #75868 by chadrat6458
Switched the jumper now getting a RTAPI error.

More
12 Jun 2016 19:04 #75869 by joe
That's a different problem. Did you run a latency test?

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds