Netmos 9865 pci parallel port help

More
12 Jun 2016 21:26 #75872 by chadrat6458
I have tried the test. Not sure what I need to do. Thanks for all your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2016 21:34 #75873 by andypugh

Switched the jumper now getting a RTAPI error.

Which error?

More
12 Jun 2016 22:28 #75882 by chadrat6458
Unexpected realtime delay on task 1

More
12 Jun 2016 22:45 #75885 by andypugh
I would say that you can ignore that for the time being.

Something to worry about later, it won't stop anything working.

More
13 Jun 2016 00:18 #75890 by chadrat6458
What should I try next?

More
13 Jun 2016 00:30 #75891 by joe
Where are you at now?
If you ran the latency test, does it say your machine is good enough to run the software?
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/config/stepconf.html#_latency_test

If it is, I'd start over with the step configuration wizard. That's where you couldn't get the motors to jog at first. Now that your hardware is (hopefully) fixed you should be able to work through the wizard to get a working configuration.

More
13 Jun 2016 00:30 - 13 Jun 2016 00:31 #75892 by tommylight
Find a small LED light, used in lighters and cheap Chinese torches, connect one directly to paraport and check if you get it to light up when pressing buttons on LinuxCnc, if you do, all is good, if you don't you have a address config error so change the address. Don't worry about polarity, they will light on one side and won't on the other but nothing can go wrong. Just do not use those 1w or more powerful ones.
Or use a multimeter if you can find or borrow one.
Regards,
Tom
Also found on cheap key chains.
Last edit: 13 Jun 2016 00:31 by tommylight. Reason: added more info

More
14 Jun 2016 03:05 #75955 by chadrat6458
This is driving me crazy.

Joe - Can you take a picture of your c10s board and a driver pic? What kind of parallel port do you use?

Is there any parallel port or bob that is easy to set up? How well do the mesa cards work?

More
14 Jun 2016 03:51 #75956 by joe
What exactly are the error(s) you're getting?

Sorry but I don't have a digital camera and my phone is a flip-up.....
The parallel port is whatever came in my computer. My computer is a Dell Optiplex GX270 (maybe GX870, the logo is quite faded) that I got for $20 at a thrift store two years ago. It originally had Windows XP Pro installed and I wiped it and installed whatever that version of LinuxCNC was that was floating around at the time.

If you installed a new parallel port, you should test it before anything else. Here's one way:
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Parallel_Port_Tester

Once you know your parallel port works, the C10 bob is quite easy to install once you have all your wires correct. Any bob will be unforgiving if you have a loose or misplaced wire. I assume you've already got the schematics for wiring the C10 to the 4030s and the 4030s to the motors. If not, here is a good thread in a different forum:
www.cnczone.com/forums/automation-techno...ruction-newbies.html

More
14 Jun 2016 08:14 #75965 by andypugh

This is driving me crazy.

Can you describe where you are at now?
Do you have any indication that the inputs on the BoB work? It is typically easier to check inputs than outputs because there is a bit less to check, and you can see the results in LinuxCNC.

Is there any parallel port or bob that is easy to set up? How well do the mesa cards work?

All BoBs are about the same, though yours seems more flexible than most, which gives a few more places for misconfiguration.
Mesa cards are excellent, but also much, much more flexible (and so have many, many more places to get the config wrong).

Ignoring the realtime delay for the time being, we need to know if LinuxCNC is talking to the parallel port, and if the parallel port is talking to the BoB.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds