Netmos 9865 pci parallel port help

More
16 Jun 2016 02:58 #76128 by chadrat6458
Ok, I got the multimeter out. I have 5v all the way out to the drivers. I am thinking the drivers are not working right. I will email the company and see how to trouble shoot them. I would like to thank everyone for their help. I sincerely appreciate it. I hope to be making sawdust soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2016 03:12 #76129 by joe
You said you've got 5V to the drivers. Did you continue up the chain - put a multimeter on the outbound side of the drivers (The A+ A- B+ B-) to see if the signal is going out, and then again at the motors themselves on the four wires there?

And you know you've got the 5V coming from the board. That's for the signal, but did you test to see if you've also got the main power going to the drivers from your 24-40V power supply? That's the power that will actually spin the motors.

More
16 Jun 2016 03:34 #76130 by chadrat6458
I do not know how to test the drivers. I tried but I was not sure what I was looking for or where to put the multimeter probes.

I do have 24 volts from my power supply to my drivers.

More
16 Jun 2016 09:12 #76139 by andypugh

Ok, I got the multimeter out. I have 5v all the way out to the drivers

Do you have 0V all the way to the drivers too? By which I mean, do you see the direction signal change value when the axis changes direction?

What step timing numbers are you using? Maybe the step length is too short, or has the wrong polarity.
Can you show us a diagram of exactly how the BoB is connected to the drives?

More
16 Jun 2016 12:32 #76160 by chadrat6458
It is wired up like this with no limit switches. Y0 is on 2 and 3, Y1 on 4 and 5, x on 6 and 7, z is 8 and 9

www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/wp-con...8/KL-4030WithC10.pdf

step numbers I used the default when I selected 4030 from the list in stepconf..

In the stepconf jogging. One arrow is 5v and the other is 0v

More
16 Jun 2016 12:55 - 16 Jun 2016 12:56 #76163 by andypugh
If it is wired exactly like that, then the input opto-isolators of the drives have 5V to their + terminals and the signals to the - terminals.
This means that the LED inside the opto-isolator will light when the step pin is 0V and go out when the output is 5V. (you need to think in terms of current flow, not voltage levels, with opto-isolators).
The net effect of this is that the system uses 0V for step pulses and 5V for between pulses.

If your multimeter shows the STEP pins as 5V when idle (and probably also when stepping, a multimeter won't see the pulses) then you have things configured correctly. If it shows 0V when idle then you need to invert the step pins in stepconfig. (it's a checkbox next to each pin allocation box).
You can also use this checkbox to reverse your motors if the axes move the wrong way, by inverting the sense of the DIR pins.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2016 12:56 by andypugh.

More
16 Jun 2016 13:13 #76164 by chadrat6458
I did not check the STEP. I will do that tonight. Thanks.

I feel I am really close. There has to be some little thing that I have over looked.

More
17 Jun 2016 01:39 #76194 by chadrat6458
Bingo! That was it! The step needed to be inverted. All motors are moving.

Amdy, thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Big thanks to Joe for all your help too.

You guys rock.

Time to make some sawdust. :)

More
17 Jun 2016 02:36 #76195 by chadrat6458
getting closer to sawdust. Just not there

Getting an Unexpected Realtime Delay message in axis. No motor movement.

Do I need to work on the latency test? What is the best way to do it?

More
17 Jun 2016 10:20 #76202 by BigJohnT
There are a couple of latency tests, one on the menu and one you can run from a terminal. Open a terminal and run latency-histogram. Let it run for at least an hour. Don't run LinuxCNC at the same time as a latency test.

JT

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds