Installing Uspace for Master

More
08 Dec 2016 20:14 #83805 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Installing Uspace for Master
Thanks, I found a cleaner way.

Simply open Mints main menu and search for "startup" and it will find startup applications Open this, add a new application and browse to the script in the scripts folder. The environment is set once on bootup which is all that is required.

Then if you like, click on the desktop create launcher. Make it run /home/<youruser>/linuxcnc-dev/scripts/linuxcnc
I called it LinuxCNC Chooser

Click on the icon button and navigate to the linuxcnc-dev folder and choose the provided wizard icon. This will run the standard Linuxcnc chooser window. You can use linuxcnc to add your machine to the desktop. You may need to edit the properties of the launcher to add an icon of your choice. I used the icon in the linuxcnc-dev folder.

Once you've got the desktop icon to run your machine, I guess you can open its properties and copy the command line and create a new startup application. I have not tried that yet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2016 20:18 #83807 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Installing Uspace for Master
If you just want a icon to start LinuxCNC its much simpler than this:

You just check the "create desktop icon" box when launching LinuxCNC
The following user(s) said Thank You: cncnoob1979

More
08 Dec 2016 20:20 #83808 by rodw

Once you've got the desktop icon to run your machine, I guess you can open its properties and copy the command line and create a new startup application. I have not tried that yet

This works perfectly! It might not have been necessary but I made sure the machine config appeared after the environment script entry based on alphabetical order.

More
08 Dec 2016 20:26 #83810 by rodw
So after my description above, this is what you get on a bootup.

Yes, the desktop icon to my machine was created from the Linuxcnc program (the top LCNC icon)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cncnoob1979

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds