First Time Builder - Stuck

More
19 Feb 2020 03:36 #157805 by J Crowder

Why were you 'modifying' the HAL for gantry motors? Pncconf should be able to get basic dual motor gantry to run. Pncconf calls them tandem axis...

If that facility is broken I would like to know so it can be fixed.
I don't want to derail your process here but am curious.

Chris

Thank you. I tried the Tandem axle with my Mint 19.2 and LinuxCNC 2.8 but it did not work. I read in another post about modifying the hal and ini. I took a sec to create a basic config with a tandem Y2 and it worked!! I was able to jog all 4 motors and the 2 Y motors turned at the same time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2020 03:38 #157806 by J Crowder

I know and hate it. Me will never let it unconnected.
But as i understood him he can turn his motors.....

Thanks for the help. I do not believe that I could turn them by hand once the system was turned on. All are working now.

More
19 Feb 2020 03:49 #157808 by J Crowder
Thank you to everyone (Beagle, Tommy, John, and others that I did not go back to get names) This community is great! I have all 4 motors turning the right way thanks to you. I will begin assembling the motors to the screws and then the fun begins!!

My "fix" was to stop trying to fix it myself and use the tools others have setup before me ;-). The tandem Y2 feature worked this time (I tried on Mint 19.2 and LinuxCNC 2.8 but was unsuccessful. I could have been my impatience and lack of understanding)

I am sure that I will have more questions as I go forward but today was HUGE with getting all motors jogging in the program.

Thanks again. I will probably be off of the forums for a bit while I put the rest of the machine together.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds