ISO to test: Exegnulinux remasterd with LinuxCNC, a lots of tools and no systemd

More
12 Jul 2021 14:59 #214399 by Grotius
Hi TwoFlowers,

Who is this so called "policeman"? And who is saying a debat about coc is not allowed?

P.s why are you giving up to provide your remaster version?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2021 16:19 - 12 Jul 2021 17:01 #214407 by Aciera
Hm, I wasn't aware that there was an "ongoing" debate about coc. I know Beagle has voiced opposition in a thread but I don't recall that you have voiced your concerns there.
Maybe you can point me to the relevant thread?

[edit]
And just avoid a misunderstanding, beaglebrainz ASKED to be removed from the forum, he was NOT banned, even if that is what's written as his status.
Last edit: 12 Jul 2021 17:01 by Aciera.

More
12 Jul 2021 17:26 #214415 by twoflowers
The debate is running on the mailing list sourceforge.net/p/emc/mailman/message/37318678/ (I'm only following the forum from time to time) and if you follow that thread you'l find just 3 people that force CoC on all others. Conclusio of the debate till now: CoC is forced down your throat, it's vital for the project, it's perfect, all will prosper just because of CoC. The usual management BS. I can't stand that hypocrism. Their attitude is pure faschism (on the mailinglist you can find reference to Mussulini).

When the vital work of the policemen is more important than a working remaster ... be it. Policemen are good, I'm bad. So I pull the plug. Hopfully more people feel the same and set actions, otherwise this is another project gone south.

And that's why I give up on the remaster: Policemen can do a better job and above all politically correct. So I'd suggest they take the blue collar, roll up the sleeves and do a remaster. I just have never seen this happen. So better the users stand up and take control back. I don't think this will happen, either, but I would like to be surprised in this matter.

So that's the thing. Political tentacles have been placed into a tecnical project. I'm not willing to participate in this faschist NWO.

More
12 Jul 2021 18:05 #214417 by Aciera
I see. Unfortunate "debate", if it could be called such. Just the use of the term "faschism" in this context could be debated over for a very long time.
At the end of the day I think it's the people who own this domain and host the website who have to set the rules. While this may be the "official" forum for LinuxCNC it's not the only meeting place for users on the web.

More
12 Jul 2021 18:10 #214419 by twoflowers
It's not the forum nor the mailinglist. CoC is forced into the code of LinuxCNC - that' what rings the alarm bells.

More
12 Jul 2021 18:21 #214421 by Todd Zuercher
Enough hyperbole, I think you have blown this whole "Code of Conduct" (COD) situation completely out of proportion. Of course there is and always was some form of COD (be it written or unwritten) on this forum and any other moderated dialogue medium. If that wasn't the case there would be no moderators. The only thing having it writing does is give a framework to allow equitable enforcement (or at least that is the intention of it.)

Your whole "then I'll just take my toys and go home if I don't get my way" attitude seems rather immature. Especially when someone pointed out on the mailing list that you (apparently unknowingly) had already agreed to another COD (which has been in place for many years) when you joined the mailing list.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted this, but reality bites, get a grip on it, or you'll get thrown off into the lunatic fringe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PCW, gerritv, pommen

More
12 Jul 2021 18:24 - 12 Jul 2021 18:26 #214422 by twoflowers
Well, then my best policeman, ban me.

Oh, I forgot: Isnt this funny? My way or the highway .. always from the people that want to implement restrictions on others?
Last edit: 12 Jul 2021 18:26 by twoflowers.

More
12 Jul 2021 20:38 - 12 Jul 2021 20:40 #214428 by Grotius
Hi,

Until today i didn't know anything about coc. It's used by company's as a instruction set for a employee, this instruction set can in fact include everything. For example from behaviour to how to write a document.

If you look for example to Youtube. This company is owned by Google. Google uses a coc.
Youtube is violating human right's if it's is normal. So in the case of Youtube, the coc is available but not used?

In the case of linuxcnc, if they push a coc into linuxcnc as brand, then linuxcnc is a company.
Will they push the coc into the github source code? Where can i read the coc proposal for linuxcnc?
What will be the benefit's for linuxcnc to use a coc?

Twoflowers,

In fact it's quite easy. If a coc for linuxcnc end's up as a political intrusion. We can do something about it.
Personally i have no worry's about the coc so far. It's just like a forum agreement, that you will behave nice.
If it end's up as a regulating tool, we can do something about that.

Why should they? There is no reason for this. Just put your iso back online again.
I hope you get a good sleep. Maybe then you can cool down mate.

Last edit: 12 Jul 2021 20:40 by Grotius.

More
12 Jul 2021 20:38 #214429 by Todd Zuercher

Oh, I forgot: Isnt this funny? My way or the highway .. always from the people that want to implement restrictions on others?

I don't recall anyone asking you to leave, or suggesting you be removed.
(but some of us may be questioning your grasp of reality.)

I'm sorry if you no longer feel you can participate, and wish you'd reconsider.

More
12 Jul 2021 21:12 #214432 by twoflowers
@Grotus: CoC waiting to get into the code: github.com/LinuxCNC/wlo/pull/14/files - and it's already invaded the forum. Sorry, I won't put the ISOs back till this management BS is gone. But there might be mirrors.
@Aciera: the forum is a part of the game, the other parts are the mailinglist and the sourcecode. All are "infected".

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds