ISO to test: Exegnulinux remasterd with LinuxCNC, a lots of tools and no systemd

More
12 Jul 2021 21:56 - 12 Jul 2021 21:59 #214437 by Grotius
Hi Twoflower,

Thank you for the link.

The text can be used as a forum policy statement.

The text has nothing to do with the linuxcnc source code and i see no
reason to push this policy statement into the source code.

If this text has to do with the source code, why is the coc
not zooming in on the fact: Be a brave and good coder, don't add any code mismatches on purpose to brake a system sooner
or later. This type of terror is used on Github every day. This statement is quite informative and explain's how to act with source code.

All are "infected".
The forum and mailing list have a policy. That is quite normal. No problem.

My conclusion is that for me it is no problem to add a coc to the github source code. My opinion is clear. It is a useless act.
It is polluting the source code with names i never heard about, and care about.

If it's pushed we can do a request to change the text a little bit.
Last edit: 12 Jul 2021 21:59 by Grotius.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2021 11:34 #214549 by twoflowers
What's the point in changing the text a little bit when it's already forced on people? That's exactly how these things work: Oh, it does no harm, Oh, it's for your best ... BS. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

This CoC fixes a non-existing problem, and that causes arguments that need a CoC to get silenced. So CoC mission accomplished. Solved a problem that never existed, and new policemen got a job.

More
13 Jul 2021 11:51 #214555 by tommylight
Who are these policeman you keep mentioning ?
Not sure what the fuss is all about, i did read it and it is a standard " be nice" thing, standard in everything in life, not just forums.
Just in case the piliceman refference is for us Mods and Admins, i was personaly called "an @ss" and never bothered to reply, the post is still here on the forum, and we were called several times colectively "morons" and no one got banned for that nor their posts deleted.
Below is something someone showed me lately that explains the state of humanity now:
30 years ago when you bought a new car it came with manuals on how to adjust the valve clearance inside the engine, today they come with warnings like: do not drink the acid inside the car battery" !!!
Also, the 10cm deep inflatable swiming pools have warnings all over them saying not to leave kids unsupervised, damn that should not be required.
Goes to show that humanity is non existant any more, we just look like humans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: billykid, pommen, Aciera

More
13 Jul 2021 12:28 #214562 by twoflowers
I don't know who these policemen are. They dont's show themselfs - definitly hava a reason not to. Look at www.linuxcnc.org/CODE_OF_CONDUCT/ - do you see any signature? IMO it's from Jeff Eppler, see also sourceforge.net/p/emc/mailman/message/37312872/ and sourceforge.net/p/emc/mailman/message/37312352/ - no further descussion, no further posting, nuthing. Just silence. "Swollow it, d***head". And now folks on the mailinglist are pissed (I'm not the only one, well, I might be the one with most words ...) and CoC does it's pefect job of dividing the group. The CoC proponent(s) don't give a s**t for the harm he/they caused, all for "the better good".

More
13 Jul 2021 14:00 #214586 by Aciera
While I respect debate I VERY much disagree with the level of personal verbal attack this involves. Simply reading over the few posts you have written on the subject in this thread kind of shows the need for rules of conduct and moderation.
And please don't automatically presume that the silent majority shares your sentiments on this. Because, to me at least, it seems that a few users are creating a crap storm about a whole lot of nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gerritv, phillc54, pommen

More
13 Jul 2021 14:11 #214587 by twoflowers
So the non-speaking majority will embrace CoC? Just tell me, how is this handled in your countries voting system? What happens to white votes? Do they go to the goverment party? Are they discarded?

More
13 Jul 2021 14:43 - 13 Jul 2021 14:44 #214590 by Aciera
I guess the "non-speaking" majority is either fine with it or does not care about it.
This "code of conduct" topic has been brought up on this forum a while ago and it doesn't seem to interest more than a few users.
Really, I get that you and some others feel strongly about this but I also feel that this got blown out of all proportion.
Maybe we could just carry on and focus on CNC?
If you still feel the need to withdraw your contribution from the project then I would, nonetheless, like to thank you for your work.
Last edit: 13 Jul 2021 14:44 by Aciera. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: gerritv

More
13 Jul 2021 18:22 - 13 Jul 2021 18:22 #214634 by twoflowers
Sure we can focus on CNC. Just get rid of CoC. CoC cannot be ignored - it's part of the project now. So says the police. Better don't thank me, thank the policemen for getting rid of that darn iso from that politcally incorrect guy. Be thankful that they saved you.
Last edit: 13 Jul 2021 18:22 by twoflowers.

More
13 Jul 2021 18:31 #214636 by gerritv
personally I am ok with the CoC; I am not paranoid nor threatened by it nor am I motivated by a seemingly infantile need to get my way by haranguing on and on and on about my dislikes like a leech with lock jaw. And then taking my toys out of the sandbox in a huff while still persisting in trolling the forum and the email list. Grow up, if you don't like how things are then either have a rational discussion with the authors of the CoC or go elsewhere, it really is that simple in adult life. So far you have done neither. You just keep stamping your feet hoping to get your way, you know just like a child.
You are in fact the one who is continuing to stoke this, for whatever agenda you are into. It certainly isn't adding to your credibility IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
13 Jul 2021 18:45 #214637 by twoflowers
Then may I ask the admins to delete my account? Please.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds