ISO to test: Exegnulinux remasterd with LinuxCNC, a lots of tools and no systemd

More
13 Jul 2021 22:29 #214652 by rollfree

I guess the "non-speaking" majority is either fine with it or does not care about it.

As a member of the silent majority, I say: the best place for that CoC is a trash can.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2021 18:32 #215164 by twoflowers
Is there a way to get my user deleted from the forum? If any of the mods is reading this: please delete me.

More
18 Jul 2021 06:41 #215205 by arvidb

So the non-speaking majority will embrace CoC? Just tell me, how is this handled in your countries voting system? What happens to white votes? Do they go to the goverment party? Are they discarded?

Okay, I known I'm a bit late to this discussion (since twoflowers' request to be removed from the forum has been granted), but this point is a bit interesting IMO. Perhaps the problem boils down to the misconception that open source is somehow a democracy? It isn't: the people with write permissions to the repository decides what goes in and what doesn't. Others can comment, but we don't get to vote.

And the same thing applies to the forum: the forum owner(s?) decide what rules apply. Just like it is with Facebook et al: accept the terms & conditions or go somewhere else. These are semi-public fora in the sense that you can get a large audience, but you have to follow the rules.

I can respect a choice not to participate due to the forum policy. I myself cannot agree to Google's privacy policy which means I cannot meaningfully use an Android phone, for example. If the forum would somehow require such a phone for e.g. two factor authentication I would no longer be able to participate. If such a change was discussed I would voice my concern. But in the end, it's up to the forum owner, and we the users can only choose to remain or quit.

I do have a problem with the "Scope" section of the CoC though, simply because it's incorrect: It claims "This Code of Conduct and the enforcement policies listed above apply to all LinuxCNC Community venues." Well, anyone could start some forum where LinuxCNC was discussed, and the CoC would only apply there if the owner of that forum so chose. So the CoC tries to claim a larger scope than it actually has. That part should be corrected.

More
18 Jul 2021 12:10 - 18 Jul 2021 12:12 #215222 by billykid
I fully agree with tommylight's speech. frankly this politically correct is an unnecessary complication. people are to be respected as such and not on the basis of sexual or political or racial orientations. anyone with education and respect for others knows how to behave without specifying too much. I hope you understand the reasoning the translator sometimes deceives. Greetings Mauro
Last edit: 18 Jul 2021 12:12 by billykid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds