Ethercat HAL driver

More
12 Sep 2018 03:42 #117378 by sqmathlete
Replied by sqmathlete on topic Ethercat HAL driver
Hi all,

I am trying to hook up a Delta C2000 vfd via the ethercat hal driver but mapping via the generic driver doesn't seem map more than the control word 0x6040. I think this is because the limited number of available pdo's are already mapped and that pdo mapping is not available. Dumb question; does this mean that I need to build a module similar to the DeAsda module for the ASDA-A2 servo amps? and the beckhoff terminals?

Also, my servo's seem to come online inconsistently, sometimes one or the other will come online sometimes none, sometimes both with no discernible pattern. Any one else experience such oddities?

Kind regards
Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2018 20:30 #117670 by schlank
Replied by schlank on topic Ethercat HAL driver
Hi Experts,

I may can get some EtherCAT drives with CoE402 protocoll.
I think they are very similar to what roschi is using here in his video:

Unfortunately the XML Files etc. that is linked in the video is not online anymore.

Where can I find them? His homepage is also down.

Thanks,

schlank

More
18 Sep 2018 05:40 #117692 by Ilya
Replied by Ilya on topic Ethercat HAL driver
Hi, schlank
Have you seen this document?
docs.google.com/document/d/1GiB065ZIAaoM...GQl2X9DM9-THNM/edit#

For my servos, I downloaded the XML file on the manufacturer's website. All parameters are described there

Then, using the roschi document (STEP 9), I started grabbing the parameters from the factory XML file into the ethercat-conf.xml file

More
18 Sep 2018 20:33 #117729 by roschi

More
21 Sep 2018 13:21 #117846 by Ilya
Replied by Ilya on topic Ethercat HAL driver
Hello everyone,
I'm facing a problem and can't find a solution.

I use Delta servos.
The machine is switched off from time to time during operation, and an error AL3E1 or AL3E3 appears on the servos.
This error appears then at all, then several, then one servo.

Here is what is said about these errors in the instructions:

AL3E1 CANopen SYNC failed (Servo Off). The synchronous communication with the external controller has failed.
Q: ASDA A2-E servo drive servo drive shows AL3E1
A: Working under Operational state with
CANopen CSP/CSV/CST mode and losing two consecutive PDOs will lead to this alarm.
1. Check the reference clock whether with big time jitter
2. Fault reset with control word 0x6040.7 = 1

AL3E3 CANopen SYNC time out (Servo Off). The CANopen SYNC signal is not received within the specified time.
Q: ASDA A2-E servo drive shows AL3E3
A: Working under Operational state with
CANopen CSP/CSV/CST mode and losing two consecutive PDOs will lead to this alarm.
1. Make sure the host controller periodically and stably sends PDO.
2. Make sure grounding and wiring are both correct.

I checked the grounding and the wiring. But I don't know how to check and fix the rest.
Whether this is due to jitter from the latency test?

Thanks,
Ilya

More
25 Sep 2018 08:41 - 25 Sep 2018 18:13 #117953 by andrax
Replied by andrax on topic Ethercat HAL driver
Hell everyone,

my name is Andre and I am newbie.
i come from Germany and my english is very bad.
Sorry
I have a el6731 (PROFIBUS) can i use it?

berst regards

Andre
Last edit: 25 Sep 2018 18:13 by andrax.

More
26 Sep 2018 15:34 #118011 by sqmathlete
@ Chimeno

edit the file "lcec_el40x4.h" add the PID number yourself, from where you get it, then the terminal executes this command "ethercat slave -v" will leave the "product code" that is, you also have to add the module to the following files, "Kbuild, lcec_conf.h, lcec_conf.c, lcec_main.c, I think that is everything, if you have more questions ask me, I will try to help you.
regards
Chimeno

I've followed these instructions, ran make, make install, reboot but I only get two out of four channels coming up. Any idea? Bad terminal?

Kind regards,
Dan

More
27 Sep 2018 01:49 #118025 by sqmathlete
Hi

Wondering if someone can take a look at this ethercat card manual that I have installed in my Delta VFD. I am trying to write a generic xml file using

docs.google.com/document/d/1GiB065ZIAaoM...GQl2X9DM9-THNM/edit#

instructions but at step 5 when you are supposed to grab the dc clock,and assign activate info from the xml there isn't one... I have attached the .xml file as well
I also tried to modify the xml (around line 8000 where the mailbox info is located), as described in the tutorial and reload via twincat but to no avail. The best result that I have seen at start up is an ethercat time out error. However using the command line or Twincat everything seems to work perfectly. I just quite seem to figure out what I am missing.

Also, I found this (translated from russian via google translate) which is very interesting and describes some of the issues I am seeing.
May also be of use to others as well.

If I can't control the vfd via the ethercat card my other options are
1) the amp also operates as a CANopen slave without the card, perhaps it can be controlled this way?
2) use an El4004 terminal to control the vfd :(

I've put a ton of work into the lathe and I've got everything else running on ethercat and want to start putting it back together mechanically. It seems such a shame not to also control the vfd via the ethercat-hal driver. Option 2 is obviously the simplest and I will probably implement that while still working on this problem but if any has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

I've come this far, I just can't let it go just yet.

Thanks in advance
Dan
Attachments:

More
27 Sep 2018 02:43 #118026 by sqmathlete
@ Ilya

Have you seen this from Automatica on pg 58?

Sacha Ittner's pll patch for linuxcnc in ethercat hal driver of lcec...
I have tried with linuxcnc-ethercat hal driver with pll patch applied to linuxcnc v2.7.11 branch and my dc issue is solved...

Dan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilya

More
27 Sep 2018 09:14 #118033 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic Ethercat HAL driver
these post is for ethercat only .... profibus is not ethercat. I know for profibus there an application in pyton open sources ...but not remember that names.

No profibus sot work with ethercat.

regards
Giorgio

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds