Notes from installation of ethercat on Raspberry Pi 4

More
02 Sep 2024 16:51 - 02 Sep 2024 16:53 #309219 by bertoldo
hellow sr. hakan.

Congratulations on your post. I had an initial problem.

I downloaded the image and used the raspberrypi image to save it and it didn't start. Mine is a raspberrypi4b.

O erro "CPU 0 not supported"
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Sep 2024 16:53 by bertoldo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2024 22:37 #309239 by rodw
At a guess, the image you have used is 32 bit and the Pi4b is 64 bit
Please use the image on the linuxcnc downloads page and not the comments arouns seting wifi etc.

More
03 Sep 2024 11:34 #309276 by bertoldo
Good morning and thank you for your reply.

As you may have noticed, I am the name here. I have tried to download the image that my colleagues have posted, I have tried the Linux CNC standard and I am not able to move forward. My driver is a Lichuan LC10E. Is there any basic step-by-step guide to help me achieve my goal? Thank you very much in advance!

More
05 Sep 2024 05:48 #309393 by seyad
I recommend watching this video:
. It might give you a good idea of what to look for.

Additionally, try finding your product information—such as the vendor ID and product ID—on the vendor’s website. It's also important to verify whether your drive supports the CIA402 standard.

Were you able to successfully read the encoder data? That could be a good starting point to ensure communication is established.

if possible share your problem in detail.

More
07 Sep 2024 15:09 #309578 by bertoldo
hello.

I try install but error hardware "cpu no supported" but my cpu is a raspberrypi4 b... what's going on with this?

More
07 Sep 2024 15:15 #309580 by bertoldo
I used the version that the video proposed. I downloaded the image that he suggested. I should download the version linuxcnc.org/2024/07/12/LinuxCNC-2.9.3/ from what I understood the version of linux cnc that is in the image would already come pre-configured and from what I understand now it is a clean version of linux cnc?

More
07 Sep 2024 18:24 #309596 by bertoldo
I verifid the image download and is corrupt. Downlad a twice but result is same. You have other image?

More
09 Sep 2024 06:45 #309712 by seyad
are you using this image ? www.linuxcnc.org/iso/rpi-4-debian-bookwo...23-11-17-1731.img.xz . are you using this(www.raspberrypi.com/software/) application for preparing your sd-card..? RAM size of your rpi above 4GB means good.

More
09 Sep 2024 11:19 #309733 by bertoldo
Good morning!

I am using the image from the link that started the forum about ethercat. My raspberry has 8 gigabytes and a 64 gigabyte SD card... and I use the raspberry image to generate the boot. I downloaded this file from the link you sent me now and the error is the same. If I try to open the image, it says that the file is corrupted.

More
09 Sep 2024 14:24 - 09 Sep 2024 14:26 #309751 by jjdege

Good morning!

I am using the image from the link that started the forum about ethercat. My raspberry has 8 gigabytes and a 64 gigabyte SD card... and I use the raspberry image to generate the boot. I downloaded this file from the link you sent me now and the error is the same. If I try to open the image, it says that the file is corrupted.

Hello
the micro SD is very fragile, nothing is enough and it is no longer usable,
the installation with Raspberry Image is successful but the system does not start, I burned three,
with the installation directly on NVMe M2 and adapter
in my case, I solved it, I do not know if the problem is the same
I reinstalled several times without problems

Last edit: 09 Sep 2024 14:26 by jjdege.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds