Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: 7i76e)

21 Nov 2023 21:12 - 21 Nov 2023 21:51

Mesa 7i76E HY Spindle Coolant Best Practices

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

What about using the HY inverter? Any options there?

Or even better what if I were to use something like this:   www.amazon.com/Converter-DROK-Adjustable...ormer/dp/B08RBN31DT/

Connect it to the inverter 24v and use the built in inverter relay to switch on my water pump?
21 Nov 2023 00:22

OK, 24V and max 30mA directly or 60mA with a diode across the relay coil, minding the polarity.
Or, if using a really small relay, adding a resistor in series with the coil is still manageable for 12V relay.
20 Nov 2023 23:06
20 Nov 2023 22:43

I'm running the Mesa 7i76E with a HY water cooled spindle connected.

What would be best practice to wire my 12V fans and pump to automatically start when the spindle is enabled?

I am aware of the PD050 setting to number 1 which is a out of the box setting.

Do I need to use a 24V relay or will the 7i76E handle 12V ?

Thanks.
20 Nov 2023 08:01

Arc voltage oscillating

Category: Plasmac

This is my first post so go easy on me please!

I have built a plasma table and finally up to the part of configuring Plasmac.  This is my first time using LinuxCNC so still getting used to how it all ties together.  So far so good though, the machine moves nicely and I have got as far as completing Plasmac configuration.

I am stuck on a little problem where the arc voltage is unstable.  In fact, it is oscillating like crazy in the HAL scope.  My configuration is:
 - Mesa 7i76e
 - THCAD 10 wired F0+/- pins to ENCA+/- pins.  Analog side connected to PowerMax pins 5/6. Freq/32, unipolar mode

What I tried:
 - Bridging the analog input terminals to ensure it was not oscillating on the input.  No change.
 - Changed the frequency divider jumper.  The amplitude of the oscillation in hal scope changes but not the frequency, so is sort of working!
 - Reading lots of form posts!

I did read tonight that there is a special firmware for the 7i76e for using dual frequency inputs (I have two THCAD, one for ohmic).  I need to work out if I have the right firmware in it.  I think I did install it a few years ago when I got it, but honestly don't remember (cant access the machine tonight).  Is special firmware even required to get the one frequency input going for a start? 

I have attached some pictures and files, please let me know if anything else is needed.  Thankyou in advance.

19 Nov 2023 19:03

How to "connect" a hal to sserial at mesa 7i76e => THSW.hal Hand Wheel

Category: HAL

Hey guys,

i build the handwheel of peter / talla83 and I´ll try to include it into my linuxcnc (2.9.1) configuration.
Configuration is nothing special and built with pncconf. Don´t forget I am a starter at linuxcnc. So I hope it´s a simple trick I have to do.

On GIT there is an example of the thsw.hal include for a mesa 7i96s ( github.com/talla83/7i96s/tree/minimal_tshw ) .
I used this tshw.hal: github.com/talla83/tshw_2022/blob/main/tshw_v4.hal

I added tshw.hal in my postgui.hal not more.

When I try to start my linuxcnc config it promps:
tshw.hal:71: Pin 'hm2_7i76e.0.TsHW.0.1.input-06' does not exist

I think it´s something like "TsHW" is unknown?! I try to find out where the definition is, but I can´t find it out.

Do you have any idea?

BR
Jannik
18 Nov 2023 02:45

Sanity Check Beginner

Howdy,

I'm new to CNC but familiar with Linux/Servers.

I'm have an old Australian made drill press I'm in the process of restoring. I have to replace the motor.

As a beginning project I'd like to control a 3 phase 2hp induction motor with a vfd through linuxcnc. It's an induction motor so I'm really just after controlling the speed with the vfd through linuxcnc. I've got an old homelab server I'm using. I'm intending to buy a 7i96s (Was going to be a 7i76e but no one seems to have any in stock) to connect via ethernet to the pc and control the speed of the motor.

As far as I'm aware, I believe this will work, however before I buy the board, can someone with a bit more confidence and experience in linuxcnc confirm that it will work? (I'm intending to use the 7i96s to initially get this project running, then will eventually take it out and replace it with something cheaper to fulfill the drill press needs permanently. While keeping the 7i96s to play with in other machines.)

Have I missed anything? Will this work?

Cheers,
Tom
17 Nov 2023 16:00

Mesa hm2/hm2_7i96s.0: error finishing read

Category: Driver Boards

Yes it is rt kernel. I built on the standard bookworm installation and Intel Cpu. I not try any other distro / iso. Since bookworm is the installation pretty easy. Load debian netinstall file -> write to stick -> and go. Plug and pray :) more or less In future time i will also try other distro. Should work for AMD too, but not Raspberry.
But for now i am really happy with my set up. Hp G3 SSF I5 with intel networkcard and old AMD graphics card. I disable on board graphics and network. Since this is tmax to hm2_7i76e is straigt on 340000 middle sometimes tmax by 450000 if i open Browser.

17 Nov 2023 08:03
Replied by CNC_ANDI on topic Probe_basic Toolchanger

Probe_basic Toolchanger

Category: QtPyVCP

Hello, sorry for the long waiting time. i´ve got too much projects ^^

ok now i have wired my 7i78 to the 7i76e and wired my nema23 stepper to the 7i78.

The Stepper / Changer works in MDI so when I Type G0 W360 the changer move´s 1 Postion. G0 W3600 is a 10 Position Move.

But the Motor is too small for the changer with full load of tools....
15 Nov 2023 15:43

Tandem Y Axis not working on 7i76E

I'm having a different set of tandem Y issues. I'd very much appreciate it if the braintrust would take a look at this thread: forum.linuxcnc.org/24-hal-components/506...ndem-y-axis-problems

It dose not help to post a link to your thread that you already have
15 Nov 2023 11:18

Tandem Y Axis not working on 7i76E

I'm having a different set of tandem Y issues. I'd very much appreciate it if the braintrust would take a look at this thread: forum.linuxcnc.org/24-hal-components/506...ndem-y-axis-problems
14 Nov 2023 14:08

Need to restart LinuxCNC session to get MESA card connected.

Category: Driver Boards

Hi MESA pro´s!
I have a setup with a 7i76e and want to know if this is normal?
Scenario:
1. I have a LinuxCNC session started with MESA card powered and all runns normal.
2. Then the mesa card gets powered down of some reason, "me tripping the circuit braker as an example".
3. Is it then normal that I after repower of the MESA card need to shut down and restart the running LinuxCNC application to get the MESA card connected again?

Kind regards/Stefan
13 Nov 2023 23:52 - 13 Nov 2023 23:53

7i76E connection to Huanyang HY02D223B

All is good now. I changed pd003 and pd004 to 400 and it took off.
Man this is awesome, so silent and no screaming loud chatter of my old MPCNC machine.

For anyone else 'listening' I also changed pd014 and pd015 to 8 seconds and will likely change some of the remaining pd016 - pd021 setting at some point. Hence, my settings below can be used to set up your Huanyang HY02D223B setup. Simply change what I have indicated in the first line of this reply.
13 Nov 2023 23:26

7i76E connection to Huanyang HY02D223B

I get that over current error in LinuxCNC. And only when I click the start button.

That is always a wiring error, but what exactly is miss wired needs a bit of figuring out.
Upload the hal and ini file so we can see what is being activated, might help narrow it down.
Displaying 331 - 345 out of 638 results.
Time to create page: 1.717 seconds