Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: raspberry)

15 May 2024 01:58
Replied by rdtsc on topic LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

The <SHIFT> key may drop the Pi into diagnostic boot mode.  <ESC> likewise does not work on the Rpi.  From what I'm reading at places like raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/...which-kernel-to-load changing the kernel is more than tricky on the Pi and involves moving/building kernel images manually and editing config.txt.  It would certainly be easiest to just use the ready-made Debian Rpi 4/5 LinuxCNC build found here: linuxcnc.org/downloads/  Just burn it using your favorite flashing software (Rpi Imager, Balena Etcher, etc.)

Do note that the Rpi 5 uses a new and incompatible SPI chip, so vendor boards which use SPI are currently a no-go.  Rpi said they may release the details of their new chip sometime in the future, but not anytime soon.
14 May 2024 21:15

No RPI so not sure how this works ofr it, but for normal Linux this will need editing the GRUB config file so the RT kernel boots instead of the 6.6 that is booting now.
On a PC, holding down the shift keys will show the GRUB menu at boot time so you can choose the kernel to boot, does this work on RPI?
14 May 2024 20:25
Replied by StoneB on topic LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

well, that explains that. I found the in an earlier post the command to install the rt kerne (I think), but I do seem to have the RT kernel already installed because a command
sudo apt install -y linux-image-rt-arm64 linux-headers-rt-arm64
returns a "already at newest version".

But I can't seem to figure out from earlier posts what command instructs to use this kernel?

Thanks for your help!
14 May 2024 13:31
Replied by PCW on topic LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

Yeah, that's a normal (non-RT)  kernel
14 May 2024 11:13 - 14 May 2024 11:19
Replied by StoneB on topic LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

Hello all, 
first thanks so much for building this image - it really works nicely (although I still need to get my touchscreen working but assuming this is just a driver issue).

The main question I have before connecintg and configuring a MESA card is that my latency looks decidedly wrong - I am wondering if I have the RT kernel enabled at all? When I make uname -r, I get this, which doesn't mention RT:
6.6.28+rpt-rpi-2712

All I did was load the GDrive image a few posts ago, and run a update && upgrade.

Is there any way to check and correct?

14 May 2024 08:08

Hello Krister,
Did you resolve this?
NaN
14 May 2024 07:08

Custom Delta Robot

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

Hi.

Can anyone help where to start to control a custom delta robot with raspberry pie?

I dont know where to start
13 May 2024 10:43

EtherCAT stopped working after Reboot

Category: EtherCAT

Hello dear members, I reinstalled it maybe 50 times and when it restarted, ethercat master raspberry pi 4 8gb ==== Failed to obtain number of masters:
Failed to open master device /dev/EtherCAT0" No such file or directory
There is no problem before restarting, it sees the server, everything is fine. Is this a raspberry pi problem?????
I tried many times before writing here, no matter what I did, Linuxcnc 2.9.2 Rasberry Pi is installed, please help.
10 May 2024 00:32

Low Cost Raspberry Pi Contoller Board

Category: Driver Boards

7I96S firmware with P1 pinout for the common "Mach 5 Axis BOB"
2 additional step/dir channels (7 total) and 4 RCPWMgens on the BOB

File Attachment:

File Name: 7i96s_5abobrcd.zip
File Size:265 KB

So correct me if I'm wrong.  The firmware sets up the bob as an extension of the 7i96?  So with MesaTool2 or Pconf what type of bob do I define P1 as? 

Is there a tutorial somewhere showing how to incorporate a Mach3/5 bob with a Mesa card? 
09 May 2024 13:59 - 09 May 2024 14:00
09 May 2024 09:47
Replied by Abdulkareem on topic installing ethercat

installing ethercat

i tried following the steps i keep getting this error
cnc@raspberrypi:~$ sudo apt update
E: Conflicting values set for option Signed-By regarding source download.opensuse.org/repositories/science:/EtherLab/Debian_12/ ./: /usr/share/keyrings/etherlab.gpg != /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/science_EtherLab.gpg
E: The list of sources could not be read.
cnc@raspberrypi:~$ sudo rm /usr/share/keyrings/etherlab.gpg
rm: cannot remove '/usr/share/keyrings/etherlab.gpg': No such file or directory
cnc@raspberrypi:~$ sudo rm /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/science_EtherLab.gpg
rm: cannot remove '/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/science_EtherLab.gpg': No such file or directory
cnc@raspberrypi:~$ sudo apt install linuxcnc-ethercat
E: Conflicting values set for option Signed-By regarding source download.opensuse.org/repositories/science:/EtherLab/Debian_12/ ./: /usr/share/keyrings/etherlab.gpg != /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/science_EtherLab.gpg
E: The list of sources could not be read
09 May 2024 07:14
LinuxCNC RPi4 vs RPi5 was created by l4es

LinuxCNC RPi4 vs RPi5

Dear Experts,

I followed the relevant discussions about installing LInuxCNC on RPi5 but I haven't been able to find the information about LinuxCNC running on it  :

forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...nc-on-raspberry-pi-5
forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...4-and-raspberry-pi-5

It will be really appreciated if someone could share his/her experience/observation about the performance of such configuration compared to its predecessor, RPi4, please ?

Best regards,
Khang
08 May 2024 16:35

Need help in choosing controller board from small honby cnc.

Category: Driver Boards

Tried many things.
1. Recommended flexihal image. Can't update, errors while updating. Most of the GUI gave errors. Only axis you were testing was working, that too after commenting out user_command in ini file.
2. Official raspberry pi os12 with LinuxCNC 9.2
Every gui worked. But too much latency.
3. Tried official LinuxCNC 9.2 image for rpi4. Works good. But no raspi-config or vnc. Not able to activate ssh. Only able to work on connected display and key/mouse.
08 May 2024 12:27

installing ethercat

hello guys
i am trying to install ethercat configurations for linuxcnc
i am using raspberry pi 4 with : 1 ) kernal : Linux raspberrypi 6.1.54-rt15 #1 SMP PREEMPT_RT Fri Nov 17 17:02:27 AEST 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux

2) debian version :  Distributor ID:    Debian
Description:    Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
Release:    12
Codename:    bookworm

3) linuxcnc version : Verbose mode on
RUN_IN_PLACE=no
LINUXCNC_DIR=
LINUXCNC_BIN_DIR=/usr/bin
LINUXCNC_TCL_DIR=/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc
LINUXCNC_SCRIPT_DIR=
LINUXCNC_RTLIB_DIR=/usr/lib/linuxcnc/modules
LINUXCNC_CONFIG_DIR=
LINUXCNC_LANG_DIR=/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/msgs
INIVAR=inivar
HALCMD=halcmd
LINUXCNC_EMCSH=/usr/bin/wish8.6
LINUXCNC - 2.9.2

i am using this link to install ethercat: gist.github.com/Bouni/8b4532d0bdf012bd83c65d3eb62f8aa2
i get error when i finish installing and run command "ethercat master" , the error is :
cnc@raspberrypi:~$ ethercat master
Failed to obtain number of masters: Failed to open master device /dev/EtherCAT0: No such file or directory

Displaying 286 - 300 out of 1064 results.
Time to create page: 0.955 seconds