Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: raspberry pi 3)

07 Jan 2024 20:37 - 07 Jan 2024 20:38

Py3 - Probe Basic Config Conversion Doc Lcnc 2.9+

Category: QtPyVCP

I have built vtk from source on a Pi a long time ago (5 hour build) and it worked with PB
But there is no need to do that as vtk is now supported for ARM64 (raspberry pi 4/5) in the Debian  repositories
try; sudo apt install vtk9
you may also need python3-vtk9

There should be no reason why the qtpyvcp team can't build a pi compatible deb and host it on their repository.

EDIT: if you do that, pleas elet me know and I will include the qtpyvcp repo in the 2.9.2 installers
07 Jan 2024 17:23

Py3 - Probe Basic Config Conversion Doc Lcnc 2.9+

Category: QtPyVCP

Hi Chris,

I heard there's been a lot of development on Probe_Basic recently and some new contributors.

Thanks for the fantastic work everyone !!!

Question; We currently have two CNC routers running Probe_Basic on Debian 10 and Mesa cards. We're trying to build a new Probe_Basic controller using a Raspberry Pi 4 and the BTT SKR v1.4 Turbo board. Do you know if the instructions above will work for that situation ?

rpi does not support the vtk used with qtpyvcp and is not supported. some have tried but i have not seen a successful implementation to date that i am aware of, if someone has done it maybe they can chime in?
06 Jan 2024 16:09
05 Jan 2024 01:59

Remora - Rpi Software Stepping Using External Microcontroller via SPI

Category: Computers and Hardware

i hope this thing works
my super cheap shit board with the following buzzwords
linuxcnc remora raspberrypi stm32 blackpill w5500 ethernet ........ shield

03 Jan 2024 10:18

Linuxcnc 2.9.2 and 2.93 images for Raspberry Pi 4b & 5

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

Aah, now I know what you were looking at. an XFCE feature
03 Jan 2024 10:02 - 03 Jan 2024 10:03

Hi,
I found another small bug. Then I change a tool the icons of the desktop menu become visible (see picture below).

That's normal behaviour for the bottom panel in Debian for  XFCE (for amd64 & arm64) when you move the mouse over the area where the panel would be no matter the application you are using, if you right click on the panel you can change the properties. Not a bug & does not require reporting.
03 Jan 2024 04:05

Hi,
I found another small bug. Then I change a tool the icons of the desktop menu become visible (see picture below).

That is nothing to do with the installation process. I can't help. Report in the correct GUI section
03 Jan 2024 00:41

New LinuxCNC-Ethercat git tree

Category: EtherCAT

One note--lcec_generic has a test that floats aren't larger than 32 bits. I've disabled that if we're using a double, but there's a chance that something under the hood will break. Again, testing.

It'd be kind of nice to have an EtherCAT test slave that runs on a Raspberry Pi (or similar) that we could use for testing this sort of thing. Then I could work it into my usual testing process.
02 Jan 2024 22:32 - 02 Jan 2024 22:59

Hi,
02 Jan 2024 21:23
Replied by rodw on topic LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

Please use Balena Etcher to install the image in this thread rpi-imager does not work
forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...pberry-pi-4-5-images
i think we are good with the Pi 5 now except for sound. If anybody knows their way around kernel settings for sound, please let us know

02 Jan 2024 20:55

Scott,
Please read the Linuxcnc downloads page.
Typing: sudo menu-config
allows you to set wifi and locale etc.

Configuring fixed ip address etc for ethernet card, can be done manually as described if you type: man hm2_eth

We removed networkmanger I had added it in and latency suffered on the pi4b

If you really need to use it, you can install synaptics: sudo apt install synaptic 
I prefer to search for the package names in Debian Package search packages.debian.org/index
and use sudo apt install package-name

When you say you don't have sound, this is  a known issue, one of the upstream guys was going to review that for me as its a limitation of their installer. Their first priority was to fix the compression settings so it can be installed with rpi-imager.

I don't think it will be wise to use sudo apt upgrade becasue we have a custom built PREEMPT_RT kernel we have built from source using a kernel version not in Debian Bookworm..

Note the ethercat repos are installed if you want to go that way.
02 Jan 2024 20:52

RPI 4 apt update warning

Hi,

I am getting the following warning when doing a sudo apt-get update on my RPI 4 running bookworm:Hit:5 www.linuxcnc.org bookworm InRelease                        
Reading package lists... Done
W: Skipping acquire of configured file '2.9-rt/source/Sources' as repository 'www.linuxcnc.org bookworm InRelease' does not seem to provide it (sources.list entry misspelt?)I installed linuxcnc 2.9.2 according to  linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/getting-start...lling_on_raspbian_12

uname -a: Linux raspberrypi 6.1.0-rpi7-rpi-v8 #1 SMP PREEMPT Debian 1:6.1.63-1+rpt1 (2023-11-24) aarch64

The following linuxcnc entries in my sources.list:

deb [arch=amd64,arm64 signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/linuxcnc.gpg] www.linuxcnc.org/ bookworm base 2.9-uspace 2.9-rt
deb-src [arch=amd64,arm64 signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/linuxcnc.gpg] www.linuxcnc.org/ bookworm base 2.9-uspace 2.9-rt

Do I need to update my sources.list?

Thanks

02 Jan 2024 16:38

Balena works well.

Screen resolution works so much better than anything I have seen so far. Jitter is good and sim looks smooth.

Problems, I have no sound, no Wi-Fi, no network manager and no update manager.

Thank you for all the work.
Scott
01 Jan 2024 20:27

Hi,
I have tested it a bit on my lathe with gmoccapy. So far so good. With my old iso I had some latency errors they are gone. The audio error on raspberry pi 5 persists.
And I can't move/rotate the gcode viewer with touchscreen.
01 Jan 2024 18:31

Yes, balena works for me,too.

Great! Please test it out a bit and give me some feedback

It seems that we are using a slightly different compression method that the PI imager does not like.
Displaying 691 - 705 out of 1055 results.
Time to create page: 1.321 seconds