Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

  • MarkoPolo
  • MarkoPolo
25 Sep 2026 17:58
Replied by MarkoPolo on topic qtvismach, a axis toolpath

qtvismach, a axis toolpath

Category: Qtvcp

I don't have a repository, but I can send the files.
Actually, it's just two modified files: `primitives.py` and `qt_vismach.py`.
  • BSAT
  • BSAT
25 Sep 2026 17:57

Faceting/Linearization leading to poor surface finish

Category: PathPilot

Its not gcode related. Im using the conversational and moving in straight lines. But, it doesnt matter if its a straight line because I also see it in interpolated moves. It doesnt change with feeds or speed changes or end mill changes. Its always there.
  • Gotrune
  • Gotrune
  • cmorley
  • cmorley
25 Sep 2026 17:23
Replied by cmorley on topic Flex GUI 2.1.0 OpenGL 3.3

Flex GUI 2.1.0 OpenGL 3.3

Category: Flex GUI

As for guis there is good and bad on both sides of having code in and out of the main project.
Linuxcnc is lucky, it has both options.
  • tommylight
  • tommylight's Avatar
25 Sep 2026 16:00
Replied by tommylight on topic LinuxCNC-Branded USB Drives

LinuxCNC-Branded USB Drives

Category: Off Topic and Test Posts

Very nice idea, thank you.
  • andypugh
  • andypugh's Avatar
25 Sep 2026 14:59 - 25 Sep 2026 15:03
LinuxCNC-Branded USB Drives was created by andypugh

LinuxCNC-Branded USB Drives

Category: Off Topic and Test Posts

I have had occasions at events like EMF Camp and Maker Central that I have wished that I had a USB drive with LinuxCNC on it to hand out, like a sort of business-card for the project. It would lower the barrier for entry, and also serve as a reminder of the conversation when they got home. 

However, I don't want to spend my own money on this. So the plan I hatched was to sell a decently-sized version of the USB key at a slight premium, each of which funds a smaller, cheaper giveaway version. 

So this is what I have done. £25 gets you a 128GB LinuxCNC stick with both USB-A and USB-C plugs, and also buys an 8GB one with LinuxCNC on it, for a stranger who is not yet aware of the joys of LinuxCNC. 

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/117429761717

 
  • tietouwa
  • tietouwa's Avatar
25 Sep 2026 13:48

J1900 L2 sibling: pin Qt HMI to CPUs 0-1, keep the 1 ms EtherCAT thread on CPU3

Category: EtherCAT

Thanks rodw. I'm not using ec_generic. The EtherCAT port runs on IgH's native ec_r8169 driver, which is polled from the RT thread on CPU3, so there is no NIC IRQ to pin. What I pinned: the 1 ms thread on CPU3 (SCHED_FIFO 80), and the Qt HMI threads on CPUs 0-1 via taskset. Isolating CPU2 is a good idea. I'll try it next.
  • Japoo_Ness
  • Japoo_Ness
25 Sep 2026 11:10

Retrofitting a 3-axis VMC with DC servos - guidance needed

Category: Driver Boards

Hi everyone, I'm experiencing noisy/fluctuating readings on my axes. They are currently ungrounded as I just wanted to verify basic readings first. My main star ground is in the main electrical cabinet, but my Mesa 7I97T is mounted remotely in the old display/controller enclosure. I'm considering the grounding scheme shown in the attached diagram. Is this a good approach for logic signals, or will the extra connection points make it more prone to noise and ground loops?
  • JB-Motoring
  • JB-Motoring
25 Sep 2026 10:59
Exchange Simodrive 610 to new components was created by JB-Motoring

Exchange Simodrive 610 to new components

Category: Computers and Hardware

Hello guys,

I am running Linuxcnc on my Chiron FZ12S for almost 10 years now. 
The machine is equipped with Siemens hardware ( 1FT5 Motors and Simodrive 610 +/-10V).
What I notice, is that the Simodrive is getting old... It starts with random Joint following errors, then cutting out, Errors ect.

There are days, where you have to switch on and off like 50 times to get the machine homing without error...That's just frustrating. But yeah, the drives are almost 35 years old, so quite okay for that age.

I am thinking quite long about this project, but today pissed me so off, that I really want to move on.

For me, it's no option in buying "refreshed" hardware, because that stuff is expensive and also 30+ years old.... 

So my wish would be, to completely throw the Simodrive away and replace it by new hardware, that doesn't cost as much as the Siemens stuff.

I am running this right now on the 7I77 hardware, but for sure can switch to another board.

Motors XYZ, 4th axis are: Siemens 1FT5064- 1.6 kW @ 4000 RPM
Spindle: Siemens 1FT5076- 7.5 kW @ 7100 RPM

The motors are equipped with Tachos and ROD encoders. 
Are there any drives, that could work with these? I would really like to keep the motors, as they are really good and not worn out.

I am happy over any input!

Thank you guys!
  • Aciera
  • Aciera's Avatar
25 Sep 2026 10:42
Replied by Aciera on topic Notifications

Notifications

Category: Show Your Stuff

Thanks for sharing it!
  • Aciera
  • Aciera's Avatar
25 Sep 2026 10:41
Replied by Aciera on topic qtvismach, a axis toolpath

qtvismach, a axis toolpath

Category: Qtvcp

If anyone uses Vismach and would like to test this out, please let me know.


I'd be _very_ interested indeed. Do you have a repo?
  • Aciera
  • Aciera's Avatar
25 Sep 2026 10:38

EGECOBOT - 6 Axis Industrial Robot with LinuxCNC & EtherCAT

Category: Show Your Stuff

You might be interested in testing the currently ongoing work on multi axis features:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/pull/4374
  • emresensoy
  • emresensoy
  • michaeln
  • michaeln
25 Sep 2026 08:21

EGECOBOT - 6 Axis Industrial Robot with LinuxCNC & EtherCAT

Category: Show Your Stuff

Nice project.

But the wrong name? That a robot and not a cobot?
  • muddiver
  • muddiver
25 Sep 2026 07:32

No chance to use outputs on P1 MESA 7i92 help needed.

Category: Driver Boards

Hi LuxCNC, Hi Rod!

thanks for your hints!
setp hm2_7i92.0.gpio.019.is_output 1 did the trick for me!
Honestly, i thought i was through with the obvious starter-issues, but as i learned, not by far!

Thanks for the hint with inverting the pwm, i will have a look at it!.
Also the "spindle-rpm-reached" will be part of the ongoing process!

Greets, Tom
Displaying 91 - 105 out of 13316 results.
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum