Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: 7i76e)

11 Sep 2023 06:40

Mesa 7i96S and 7i76E dealer in india

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

There is no response from mesa electronics...Any dealers available in India if you know any?? Please ping me..
11 Sep 2023 05:15
Replied by Tech3 on topic Mesa card selection help

Mesa card selection help

Hi,
I am looking to develop a cnc project related to linuxcnc with Mesa motion control board ( like 7i96S and 7i76E). You had mentioned in the previous mail related to Mesa 7i96S + 7i84. I'm also having a plan to do that. As far as I understand, I need to get a daughter card for the extra inputs and outputs. However, I am a bit lost which daughter cards are compatible for both 7i76E 7i96S.Can you pls ping me.
11 Sep 2023 04:28

Mesa 7i96S and 7i76E dealer in india

Hi,
    I am looking to develop a cnc project related to linuxcnc with Mesa motion control board ( like 7i96S and 7i76E). So I need some purchase details Like where want to purchase regarding Mesa 7i96S and 7i76E boards. I already sent mail to Mesa electronics but they didn't response. So kindly ping me if you know the details.
10 Sep 2023 23:46

Mesa 7i76E - Low Voltage From Field Output TB6

Got it working, it was the GND. Full LED intensity and no flashing. Appreciate your help.
10 Sep 2023 17:32

electronic gearbox with 7i76E

@fons,
No double posting, and do not use the same title for multiple topics, just spent 10 minutes trying to save the one with replies.
Deleted the other.
Thank you.
10 Sep 2023 16:23

Hello,

Couldn't you get Arduino to output 60 or whatever you want when it gets a pulse? And send the whole thing to a stepper motor. In this case you don't need a directional signal.

Greetings Frank
10 Sep 2023 13:35

it is not a real cnc problem but i think is also about  cnc  
for an agruculture  project ( corn sawing machien ) i need  to control 8 motor  who run at a controled speed  comparing the speed of the  traktor  
shaft enconder  on the wheel of the traktor  one pulse each cm  and  on the seed injektor  i have  60 pulse for each seed  
the problem is every 10 cm i like to shoot  1 seed   so for every 1 puls of the traktor the motor of the  seedinjektor had to turn 60 pulses 
i try  to solve this  problem with an aduino  with a dc powerd motor with an ibt2 pwm module 
it dont work  i lost to many  pulses and the rotation speed of de cd motor  wasn't stable  
i try it also with a isp32 and a PI 4b al with the same resultat 
do someone try these before  ? 
09 Sep 2023 23:32

No, the outputs should supply +field power (24V in this case)
relative to field power GND when on. Did you measure the outputs
at the 7I76E relative to TB1 pin 8?
09 Sep 2023 20:28

It may not be the issue but It looks like you do not have field power
applied to TB1 but rather VIN (TB1 pin5) . Field power is supplied to TB1 pins 1 to 4
VIN should be connected if W1 is in the left hand position but its not suggestd
to power all the outputs VIA TB1 pin 5

Appreciate the response.

Inspected my system and low-and-behold, not to the diagram after all.  W1 is jumped left.  TB3 Pin 22 +24VDC (3rd from top) branched to TB1 Pin 1 (bottom-most pin).  TB3 Pin 23 GND (2nd from top) branched to TB1 Pin 8 (top-most pin).  I do have power to field, don't believe my proximity switches would be working if I did not.

So with that resolved, the question now is...  I am using TB6 Pin 17 to send the illumination power to Pause button LED, Pin 18 to Run button LED, and Pin 19 to Stop button per the referenced implementation hyperlink but they are only receiving 5VDC.  Do I need to trigger a relay to supply the 24VDC?  I was hoping not have to go that route as space is getting to be a premium in the enclosure and really hoping that the Mesa board was the simplest and easy route.

09 Sep 2023 15:12

It may not be the issue but It looks like you do not have field power
applied to TB1 but rather VIN (TB1 pin5) . Field power is supplied to TB1 pins 1 to 4
VIN should be connected if W1 is in the left hand position but its not suggestd
to power all the outputs VIA TB1 pin 5
09 Sep 2023 10:45 - 09 Sep 2023 10:51

I implemented the Run/Step Hold /Resume as discussed here LINKY without issue.  Works great, thank you to the contributors.

My issue is the Fuji 24V LED momentary NO push buttons ( AR22F0L-10E3GZA sample ) in my "pendant" are not illuminating to full intensity but are rather dim and flashy-like.
I have checked the Mesa 7i76E TB6 output pins they are connected to and there is only 5V present.

Power to field is as shown in attachment image.

I understood field output should be 24V.  Am I correct?  Is so, aside from trying TB5 output pins, are there any recommendations to diagnose and correct the insufficient voltage being supplied to the LEDs of my switches?

I know the 24V PSU is good; measured its output, the Mesa board boots up fine, TB1 field power is 24V, and my proximity sensors are receiving and returning the proper 24V voltage to TB6 input pins via 6-way proximity switch terminal block.  Amperage however, was not measured.

07 Sep 2023 09:46 - 07 Sep 2023 09:52
Replied by Aciera on topic AMB Kress spindle

AMB Kress spindle

Category: Basic Configuration

You will need to setup your limits and scale in the [SPINDLE_0] section of the ini file (The values will need to be adjusted for your spindle):

OUTPUT_SCALE = 3600
OUTPUT_MIN_LIMIT = 100
OUTPUT_MAX_LIMIT = 3600

Then you need to connect the analog spindle value in the hal file:

net spindle-vel-cmd-rpm-abs <= spindle.0.speed-out-abs => hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.spinout

And also enable the spindle output with something like this: (this closes the 'spindle enable' contact on the mesa terminal and activates the electronic potentiometer on the spindle terminal'):

net spindle-enable <= spindle.0.on => hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.spinena

Being a router I presume reverse spindle rotation is not required but if you need it you can switch the Spindle Dir contact on the mesa terminal using this:

net spindle-ccw <= spindle.0.reverse => hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.spindir

[edit]
Note the mesa Spindle Terminal does not provide a Voltage but uses an external voltage fed into it's electronic potentiometer to output an adjusted voltage. So if your spindle electronic does not provide 10V either you will need to supply that voltage from somewhere else.

[edit2]
Also note that the Spindle Enable and Spindle Direction terminals are not mechanical contacts so voltage polarity needs to be correct. Please refer to the relevant section in the mesa manual.
07 Sep 2023 09:17
AMB Kress spindle was created by Jurre

AMB Kress spindle

Category: Basic Configuration

Hi,

I have recenlty bought a AMB Kress spindle, the 1050 watt quick change, and I am currently struggling installing it. The spindle rpm is driven by a 0-10v signal that needs to come from a Mesa 7I76e board. I have been messing around with both the SPINDLE and MOTION from linuxcnc but so far no succes. I am not quite sure were to put all the lines. I hope somebody can help me.

Not posting my hal and ini files since I am basically right at the beginning of this.

Kind regards 

Jurre
05 Sep 2023 16:58

Help setting up vfdmod to control Omron MX2 VFD using RS485 usb dongle

Category: HAL

Omron MX2 and Hitachi WJ200 seem to be identical. Thats from the 0-10V wiring to 7i76e. I found also the setup sheet from Sorotec. I think, i had to increase 'F003' Deceleration time to avoid error when stop from max. rpm, which must be reset on the vfd. This setup running for years, only this info is left. 

Thank you, I wil look into it
Displaying 481 - 495 out of 645 results.
Time to create page: 1.614 seconds