Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: 7i76e)

14 Jun 2023 21:36
Replied by JohnnyCNC on topic qtdragon - probing issues

qtdragon - probing issues

Category: Qtvcp

Thanks Rod,

I do believe that it has the Baytrail chipset. That name sounds familiar. I will focus a bit on the hardware side to make sure (as best I can) that the USB connections are good. It may be time for me to switch to the ODroid H2 and 7i76E I have on the shelf. Right now I am using a 6i25+7i76 with the J1800.
14 Jun 2023 14:05

Fresh start with 7i96s and CL86T

Category: PnCConf Wizard

Yes.
There are several things to get there, though, wiring stuff, setting networking, powering stuff, and maybe a bit of tuning or in this case finding maximum velocities/accelerations and setting those about 30-50% lower to be safe.
Networking, if using network manager, WiCd should be removed if it is installed:
forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/3559...ethernet-mesa-boards
13 Jun 2023 09:51

Mesa 7i96 setup issue [parameter or pin 'hm2_7i96.0.watchdog.timeout_ns' not fou

Category: Driver Boards

This video of mine may set you straight. Although it's for the 7i76e, the 7i96 is similar, just you need an additional 5v power supply for logic.

Looks like there are some spaces in your hal pin there.

Just take your time, and see if you can fix the errors and tackle the next one.

If you can't sort them out, just comment out the relevant lines (it reports the line number) until it opens, then use halshow to see the correct pin name,
Also run Linuxcnc from the command prompt as you get the error messages displayed. I use linuxcnc -l a lot which loads the last config you ran. 
12 Jun 2023 08:42
Replied by ChrisD on topic 7i76E hm2 driver

7i76E hm2 driver

Category: Advanced Configuration

I am a colleague of 5G-antry, and would like to follow up on this matter.

We have now, as indicated above, everything running with a network emulator, which also emulates a 1Gbit/s PHY.

We transitioned from this network emulator to a special wireless connection that has similar characteristics over-the-air as the network emulator. Yet, there is one noticeable difference: there is an additional microcontroller involved that transfers data from ETH to the wireless device. Unfortunately, this device only has a very limited number of ETH buffers - fewer than a 100MBit/s ETH would normally require.

When we boot the system, it starts to initialize itself and everything runs (almost) as expected up to a certain point (in the GUI it is indicated as the third boot phase with something like "fvs_spin"), where >20 packets are generated within a couple of microseconds. This unfortunately overwhelms the microcontroller, leading to packet loss, leading to an abort.
Is there a way to slow down this packet generation a bit to not cause a buffer depletion at this microcontroller?

We traced both scenarios. Find attached two wireshark packet dump screenshots one of the critical section: one for the smooth bootup when using only ETH, and one with the hickup when inserting the device with the slightly limited mikrocontroller.
07 Jun 2023 17:57 - 12 Jun 2023 21:38
Replied by 5G-antry on topic 7i76E hm2 driver

7i76E hm2 driver

Category: Advanced Configuration

Sorry for the late reply, but better late than never.

Everything works as expected :)
07 Jun 2023 15:47 - 07 Jun 2023 15:48

Configuration of 7i92TM + 7i76 error

Hello,

I'm using Linux debian bookworm 12 iso to use Probe Basic GUI (no problems in installation).

I have connected a mesa board 7i92TM with a daughter card 7i76.
Made IP configuration to 10.10.10.10 and the network can ping.
Made a PNCConfig using 7i92-Internal Data and then using the firmware 7i76x2 with one 7i76.

Had just one output to see if it's working but it shows an error: " Pin 'hm2_7i92.0.7i76.0.0.output-00' does not exist "

I've just flashed the firmware but it can't find the 7i92 board, it only find 7i92T board.
I've flashed the 7i92t board with "7i92t_7i76x2d.bin" file, and can read in --readhmid the pins but,
The error still remains.

I need help to configure my daughter board.

I've just tried to connect a 7i96s with the 7i76 and still can't connect my daughter card.
I've worked before with 7i92 with 7i76 and 7i76e with 7i76 and basically did the same thing and got it working.

What am I missing here?

Send my files in attachments, any other file needed please ask.

Thanks in advance for your help,
André
06 Jun 2023 18:56
Replied by MaHa on topic LinuxCNC und Triple Beast

LinuxCNC und Triple Beast

Category: Deutsch

Ich hatte eine Maschine mit triple beast, die unter 2.7.14 lief, so ca vor 8 Jahren. Den Jumper für chargepump habe ich immer auf überbrückung gelassen, weils nicht anders ging. Simultan 3d fräsen gabs ab ca. F2000 Schrittverluste, sonst mit 1 oder 2 Achsen gleichzeitig ging glaube ich bis F3200 oder so, ohne Probleme. Das Gigabyte GX30 board hat wohl auch einiges zum Unheil beigetragen. Ich habe im Archiv noch eine alte Konfiguration gefunden, da kann man vielleicht was rauspicken. Microschritte hatte ich vermutlich auf 1/10, keine Stromabsenkung, Motorstrom hatte ich die 4.2A Motoren auf 3.2A eingestellt, das lief besser und nicht so heiss. Die Wellenform kann ich mich nicht mehr erinnern. Die VFD einstellung ist auch nicht ernstzunehmen, da der powtran pi 9000 von Anfang an einen Dachschaden hatte, und glücklicherweise abgeraucht ist. Mit dem Hitachi WJ200 läuft die Spindel jetzt perfekt. Meine aktuelle Konfiguration ist mit Mesa 7i76e, so mehr als das erwähnte weiss ich nicht mehr. Für triple beast hätte ich noch pdf dateien für Einstellungen und so weiter.
05 Jun 2023 20:32 - 05 Jun 2023 20:33

Stepper noise with mesa on new install

If you get random "thumps" on all moving axis, that is possibly a latency issue.
One thing that may help is to set the DPLL sample time earlier, that is, change:

setp hm2_7i76e.0.dpll.01.timer-us -50

to

setp hm2_7i76e.0.dpll.01.timer-us -200

05 Jun 2023 19:01

Hey Peter. It's been a while.

Perhaps this is 2 problems.

Start LinuxCNC
Home all
Open halmeter and select hm2_7i76e.0.stepgen.00.position-fb
reads 0
G0 X4
reads 4.979041
G0 X0
reads 0.979041
G0 X4
reads 4.979041

The first time after a home, I get a move too far. After that, all is good.
Actual machine tracks these numbers, well as close as I can measure!
05 Jun 2023 17:19

I would check:
hm2_7i76e.0.stepgen.00.position-fb (for the X axis)

with halmeter or halshow to see if the
noise is from the drives or LinuxCNC
03 Jun 2023 23:51
Replied by rodw on topic Plasmac THC

Plasmac THC

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

I think this will be your problem. In halshow without cutting, 

​​​​Please check 
 hm2_7i76e.0.encoder.01.velocity

It should be hovering around the 0 volt frequency of the THCAD. eg around 3840
If it is, the Mesa hardware is OK.
You could confirm this by getting a 9 volt battery and connecting power to the THCAD high voltage inputs and observing the frequency which should be 9/10 of the full scale frequency of 28928 eg about 26035
With the battery still connected, You should now see  a torch voltage on the console around 270 volts

The most likely problem is that the voltage divider you moved from the old cutter to this one is not properly installed or needs to be enabled somehow.
I would first check each wire of the interconnect cable for continuity with a multimeter buzzer.

eg
pin ​​​​4 orange to THC IN- 
pin 6 purple to THC IN+

So if all this checks out, the problem is in the plasma cutter.
​​​
02 Jun 2023 10:15

Mesaflash, no board found

I’m trying to flash new firmware on my Mesa 7I92TH, but for some reason mesaflash does not find the board, pinging the board at 10.10.10.10 does seem to work, have changed jumpers on board to use that IP and done ethernet setup as shown in forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/3559...ethernet-mesa-boards
Userleds on board seem to count packets, but during pinging the leds dont change, is that correct behavior?

w@CNC:~$ mesaflash --addr 10.10.10.10 --device=ETHER --readhmid
No ETHER board found
w@CNC:~$ mesaflash --device 7I92T --addr 10.10.10.10 --readhmid
No 7I92T board found
w@CNC:~$ ping 10.10.10.10
PING 10.10.10.10 (10.10.10.10) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 10.10.10.10: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.019 ms
64 bytes from 10.10.10.10: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.026 ms
64 bytes from 10.10.10.10: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.025 ms

Board is connected directly to PC with short Cat6a cable and gets 5V from PCs usb port.
Does anyone know what the issue could be?
02 Jun 2023 08:11
Replied by rodw on topic Plasmac THC

Plasmac THC

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

I think Tommy is right about the feed override. I never used it..

But back to your problems. First shut the PC down and power off the control box, then restart both.
From the PC, open a terminal window and type
ping 10.10.10.10
​​​​​​If you get a reply, the Mesa card is still there :)
Hit home all and if it works, all good! It was the way you held your tongue!
If it goes crazy, hit estop!
Grab a multimeter and measure the voltage between the 2 busbars and work out which one is + and which one is -
The left one from memory is -24v (or 0 volts for the purists!) and the right one is +24v. Do you have 24 v?
Let's start with the Z axis home switch  at the top of travel.
If you review the tables I gave you, the Z axis shared home switch is attached to TB6 pin 9 (counting from the top of the 7i76e board). That is input 08
Now open halshow and locate hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-08 and watch it
With a steel ruler or a screwdriver, trigger the prox sensor. Does the light on the sensor change state? (It can be blown and still fire this light)
If the light does not come on and no other prox sensors light up, it's possible the +24v  or -24V on the DB9 cable is faulty. 
In fact when I think of this, if that was broken, none of the sensors would work which could explain the issue you have...

Look at  halshow. Does the pin  change state? If it doesn't, there is a fault somewhere.
You may need a helper to do the next bit. Trigger the sensor again and with your multimeter, check you have 24v between the 0 volts bus bar and the TB-9 connector on the 7i76e? If you haven't, then it's likely the sensor is faulty.
You might also like to check for 24V at the DB9 connector on the base of the enclosure (can't remember which one goes to the gantry) but it has wires on every terminal when II look at the table in the docs I gave you. The sensor is on pin 8 - CTS

Finally, I cover checking pins etc in my video and it gives a systematic way to trouble shoot when connecting sensors, the same applies to troubleshooting
​​​​
Please report results.
Displaying 616 - 630 out of 647 results.
Time to create page: 0.762 seconds