Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: raspberry)

16 Sep 2023 23:29

Debian 11 with X32 or X64 software from RaspberryPi imager?

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

Thats exactly what happens to me on my 4 year old Pi 4b to yet its worked for others. I put it down to a hardware issue as I've had problems with this pi before. I dont have an answer for you.
16 Sep 2023 23:08

I have downloaded the file drive.google.com/file/d/11FDs7H5EUx2_eSr...VDQ/view?usp=sharing
To my win 11 desktop Lenovo. Using an SD card 32 GB with a fat 32 format, I fed the file as received to Balenaetcher and of course used the SD card as target . When I put SD card in the RPi 4 with 4GB ram, I got a few lines of "terminal" print and then rapid blinking gray screen. Exactly the same outcome using RPI imager.
I believe you said your file was intended for a PC. This means I have been expecting a miracle that will not happen. This "image" is not going to run on RPi of any species.
16 Sep 2023 09:31

After installing LinuxCNC on Debian 12 ARM64 system, the simulator cannot be sta

Could you try and install this list of dependencies ?
github.com/rodw-au/rpi-img-builder-lcnc/...cnc/userdata.txt#L25
This is from my recent installer for the Raspberry Pi  a few people have tested as working
15 Sep 2023 13:07

Potential All-in-One Single Board Computers

Category: Computers and OS's

I skimmed through this thread a couple of times, and here's a quick summary. I am new to this topic, so please correct me if I am wrong.

To run LCNC comfortably, the board must have at least 2Gb RAM (4Gb recommended), 1GHz dual-core ARM CPU and a GPU with a known-to-work driver.

To run stepgen, the board must have a microcontroller or FPGA. The microcontroller core might be a part of SoC design (in this case the communication between Linux and MCU is done through some sort of shared memory), be a separate part on the board (in this case the board should be routed so that SPI lines of SoC and MCU are connected) or be on a different board (connected through SPI, Ethernet, PCIe...)

The most popular board is currently Raspberry Pi 4 Model B. Not because better than others, just because it's noob friendly and the community around it is huge. Remora currently only supports RPi's SPI, but there was at least one attempt to rewrite it to use a more universal driver.

The most popular Chinese SoC manufacturers are: Allwinner, Rockchip and Amlogic. Some Allwinner SoCs have a built-in AR100 core that was successfully used for stepgen. Rockchip SoCs usually have several Cortex-M0 cores and Amlogic SoCs have a Cortex-M4, but so far nobody tried to use them for stepgen.

Some SoCs from more reputable manufacturers are Texas Instruments AMxxxx (they have IT's own design PRUs that were successfully used as stepgen), NXP i.MX8M (they have Cortex-M4 that could be used as stepgen), Renesas RZ/V2L (they have Cortex-M33 that could be used as a stepgen).

Soon, RISC-V based options for both Linux and MCU side should become available.
14 Sep 2023 20:51

Just burn the download directly to a SD card with balena etcher or the raspberry rpi-imager
There is nothing to do . Its ready to run.
14 Sep 2023 20:42

I stand corrected. The *.zip downloaded from the forum site. Now on to the builder to install on SD card; I think.

Thanks
14 Sep 2023 20:38

At a guess, you are missing a dependency:  libboost-python-dev 
But the reason why I built the image Cornholio has linked to was there are too many dead ends like you are experincing.
So I built an image builder based on best practice that includes Linuxcnc build from source that runs on a PC not a Pi.
The download is only a week or so old so its current.
The builder is here github.com/rodw-au/rpi-img-builder-lcnc/tree/linuxcnc
14 Sep 2023 19:13

drive.google.com/file/d/11FDs7H5EUx2_eSr...VDQ/view?usp=sharing

Prebuilt Rpi 4 image based on Debian Bookworm, you’ll need at least a 16gb card.
User: cnc
Password: cnc
14 Sep 2023 16:58

I followed instructions "Installing LinuxCNC 2.9 on Debian 11" successfully upto debuild -uc -us. The attachment shows the failure around "line 1182". Had that check been OK , the next three files to be installed with Gedbi, were not in build directory or anywhere I could find. There were some "uspace files" but name was incorrect.

The DEB file didn't show itself above the build file. There was debian file but not a DEB.
     Question is:
X32 or X64 software?
2.8 or 2.9 LinuxCNC?

This was the most sucessful tease I have had in a year or more trying to install LinuxCNC.
Thanks for your review. 
13 Sep 2023 18:07

Debian Buster 10 + Linuxcnc + Ethercat + ISO cd Download 1.7 GB

Category: Computers and OS's

Hi All,
I am about to start bringing up a new machine next month and getting my resources all together.
I will try using the most recent ISO that was posted here, but it leads me to ask the question "Is there a plan to include the EtherCAT support into the standard download"?

I'd love to see this happen instead of relying on frozen builds (forgive my ignorance if there is an easy way to upgrade once installed on a machine - my experience with Linux doesn't go much further than what I have learned getting LinuxCNC up and running).

I suspect the EtherCAT support would make the Raspberry Pi build work quite well too as it would eliminate the need for external Mesa Boards and the configuration that entails.

Best Regards,
Paul
11 Sep 2023 15:01
Replied by Aciera on topic Why so difficult?

Why so difficult?

Category: QtPyVCP

Disregard this as it is for RaspberryPi
sudo apt install linux-image-rt-arm64 linux-headers-rt-arm64
10 Sep 2023 20:56

Jogging at a certain angle (lathe mode)?

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

I’m working on the Raspberry Pi so probably won’t be any good to you unless you’re using one as well.
10 Sep 2023 13:51

RPI4 Raspbian 64 bit & LinuxCNC

Created file 90-gpio-access
SUBSYSTEM=="bcm2711-gpiomem", GROUP="gpio", MODE="0660" SUBSYSTEM=="gpio", GROUP="gpio", MODE="0660" SUBSYSTEM=="gpio*", PROGRAM="/bin/sh -c '\ chown -R root:gpio /sys/class/gpio && chmod -R 770 /sys/class/gpio;\ chown -R root:gpio /sys/devices/virtual/gpio && chmod -R 770 /sys/devices/virtual/gpio;\ chown -R root:gpio /sys$devpath && chmod -R 770 /sys$devpath\ '"

SUBSYSTEM=="pwm*", PROGRAM="/bin/sh -c '\ chown -R root:gpio /sys/class/pwm && chmod -R 770 /sys/class/pwm;\ chown -R root:gpio /sys/devices/platform/soc/.pwm/pwm/pwmchip && chmod -R 770 /sys/devices/platform/soc/.pwm/pwm/pwmchip\

I am assuming this is a udev rule ???

I done the following :
sudo groupadd gpio
sudo cp 90-gpio-access /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/
sudo chmod +x /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/90-gpio-access
sudo usermod -aG gpio cnc
reboot

I started linuxcnc in terminal with following output :
cnc@raspberrypi:~$ /usr/bin/linuxcnc /home/cnc/linuxcnc/configs/sim.axis/axis_mm.ini
LINUXCNC - 2.10.0~pre0
Machine configuration directory is '/home/cnc/linuxcnc/configs/sim.axis'
Machine configuration file is 'axis_mm.ini'
Starting LinuxCNC...
linuxcnc TPMOD=tpmod HOMEMOD=homemod EMCMOT=motmod
Waiting for component 'tpmod' to become ready.......Waited 3 seconds for master.  giving up.
.Note: Using POSIX realtime

Found file(lib): /usr/share/linuxcnc/hallib/core_sim.hal
Found file(lib): /usr/share/linuxcnc/hallib/sim_spindle_encoder.hal
Found file(lib): /usr/share/linuxcnc/hallib/axis_manualtoolchange.hal
Found file(lib): /usr/share/linuxcnc/hallib/simulated_home.hal
Found file(REL): ./cooling.hal
task: main loop took 0.027656 seconds
task: main loop took 0.019169 seconds
note: MAXV     max: 53.340 units/sec 3200.400 units/min
note: LJOG     max: 53.340 units/sec 3200.400 units/min
note: LJOG default: 30.480 units/sec 1828.800 units/min
note: jog_order='XYZ'
note: jog_invert=set()
task: main loop took 0.012626 seconds
task: main loop took 0.011122 seconds
task: main loop took 0.010243 seconds
task: main loop took 0.012159 seconds
task: main loop took 0.017321 seconds
task: main loop took 0.010607 seconds
task: main loop took 0.011524 seconds
task: main loop took 0.012778 seconds

I am using GPIO 20 for output and GPIO 5 for input, still nothing.
07 Sep 2023 10:05

RPI4 Raspbian 64 bit & LinuxCNC

Once the source of a package is zipped up and sent to debian, it goes into sid branch and their buildbots make debs for every supported architecture (including the Pi). then after its proven to be safe, it moves into testing branch. Every couple of years, Debian makes a new stable release from testing branch. Once an application gets into the stable release it is locked and does not changed. Debian Bookworm (version 12) is the release branch. Because Linuxcnc has its own buildbot and repositories, you can add those to the apt system. This is what my X86 installer does automatically. Then when it does an upgrade, it will grab the very latest debs of linuxcnc.

But that buildbot is unable to build the debs for the Pi so the only option is to build from source to update linuxcnc. Its my hope that this installer could be hooked into the buildbot system and produce an image and updated debs for the pi whenever the code base is changed. But I am not a decision maker, I am just trying to remove some roadblocks.

So Debian 12 was released on the 6.1 kernel. Further to Cornholio's comments, we need the Preempt-rt patch from kernel.org. This can be found at kernel.org mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/6.1/
Each version of the Linux kernel goes through a number of releases. the latest RT patch you can see it is 6.1.46 
This patch is used to update the ordinary kernel code and compiled to get a PREEMPT_RT kernel. But it needs to be applied to the same version to guarantee reliable operation. The Raspberry Pi kernel repo has advanced to 6.1.51 so we can't use the very latest. Instead we searched the git tree and found the commit where the 6.1.46 kernel was merged into the raspberry kernel. So this is the base code we retrieve in the installer and we have copied the RT patch into a folder in the installer which first applies our patch, the builds the kernel, followed by a root file system and linuxcnc and turns it into an image. Because the linux kernel has now advanced up to 6.5, its unlikely the patch will change, so this should last for a long time. Except for the need to update linuxcnc.
Displaying 781 - 795 out of 970 results.
Time to create page: 0.763 seconds