Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: thc)

21 Apr 2024 05:32
Replied by rodw on topic THCad2 Meter question

THCad2 Meter question

Category: Driver Boards

This is linuxcnc. The thcad will be a far more robust and accurate instrument than your volt meter. I would bypass it altogether. You can debug torch voltage by checking the encoder velocity and then the calculated voltage in halshow. Its very easy to isolate faults.

For best accuracy, Please set your divider in the Hypertherm to 20:1 and use the 10v scale on the thcad. This will give you a 200 volt full scale. This gives the maximum resolution possible. Any excursions beyond this limit will be on piercing when we don't care. Remember the thcad can handle 500 V overvoltage indefinitely....
21 Apr 2024 13:33
Replied by FlaredFins on topic THCad2 Meter question

THCad2 Meter question

Ok that kind of makes sense, I'm still digging around in halshow. i was able to verify my Prox-Box is wired up correctly through it the other day. I finally got my panel mounted yesterday so I'll be soldering up all the wire connections i was holding off on. Hopefully this week I'll be running real tests.

Lol Hopefully people won't get offended by my Mach 4 references. It's the only reference tool I have right now. lol
22 Apr 2024 14:03
Replied by FlaredFins on topic THCad2 Meter question

THCad2 Meter question

I forgot to ask if I do set the Hypertherm to 20:1 and set it to 10v scale is there a resistor or something that needs to go in the loop on that? I've seen so many diagrams lately and can't remember which was what.
22 Apr 2024 19:45
Replied by tommylight on topic THCad2 Meter question

THCad2 Meter question

No resistor needed, it is on the divider.
30 Apr 2024 18:45

Always Active THC for Fiber Laser

Category: Plasmac

I have a need for the THC to be always active, regardless of torch_on state or current velocity since the fiber laser senses capacitance at the nozzle which doesn't care if the "torch" is on or off. This is also a convenient way to tune the THC and Z-axis parameters during a dry run. Maintaining a closely controlled cut height is crucial to high cut quality.

For my testing purposes, I modified plasmac.comp as follows:

IS:
if(!mesh_enable && !ignore_arc_ok_0 && !ignore_arc_ok_1){ //THC active during dry run *LASER*
WAS:
if(torch_on && !mesh_enable && !ignore_arc_ok_0 && !ignore_arc_ok_1){

also,
IS:
if(current_velocity * 60 > 0){ //always enable THC *LASER*
WAS:
if(current_velocity * 60 > requested_feed_rate * 0.999){

I realize that as written this breaks functionality for plasmas, so something more elegant will have to be created that includes a LASER_MODE bool or something similar as we start to grow the fiber laser features of Plasmac.

Phill/Snowy, if there's an easier way to do this outside of the plasmac.comp, I'd be interested in knowing

Thanks!
01 May 2024 00:26

I realize that as written this breaks functionality for plasmas, so something more elegant will have to be created that includes a LASER_MODE bool or something similar as we start to grow the fiber laser features of Plasmac.

Phill/Snowy, if there's an easier way to do this outside of the plasmac.comp, I'd be interested in knowing

I think that the LASER_MODE bool would be the best way to go.
03 May 2024 01:22

This is what I have changed it to:

For input pins,
pin in  bit     laser_mode                  "laser mode for fiber lasers";
/* while cutting and it is not a dry run or laser mode is enabled and mesh mode is not enabled:
                 * if thc is enabled then vary the torch height to keep the arc voltage constant
                 * if corner lock enabled, only allow THC if current velocity is greater than the threshold percentage of requested velocity
                 * if voidlock is enabled, only allow THC if the voltage change is less than the threshold voltage
                 * adjust torch height and target voltage to suit if height override requested */
                if((torch_on || laser_mode) && !mesh_enable && !ignore_arc_ok_0 && !ignore_arc_ok_1){ 
                    if(target_volts == 0){
                        cornerlock_is_locked = TRUE;
                        /* wait until velocity reaches 99.9% of requested velocity or if laser mode is enabled*/
                        if((current_velocity * 60 > requested_feed_rate * 0.999) || laser_mode){
03 May 2024 01:35

Would you like to create a pull request for this?

03 May 2024 01:36

Yes I will be submitting one. Just testing a few things out and making sure everything is good to go
03 May 2024 04:11

Great, could you please also bump the version numbers in both:
src/hal/components/plasmac.comp
share/qtvcp/screens/qtplasmac/qtplasmac_handler.py

and also add an update to:
share/qtvcp/screens/qtplasmac/versions.html
03 May 2024 19:40

Pull request has been submitted.
Today 17:48

7i96s and Hypertherm CPC port THCad2

Tying in the THCad2 to the 7i96s today and noticed that pins 12 and 14 of the CPC port which are for arc ok / Transfer have power on them 14 has 18vdc and 12 has 24vdc. Kept wondering why I was getting the ARC ok LED on the 7i96s to light up. Is this normal as I was under the impression 12 and 14 were just basically part of an internal relay in the Hypertherm so technically the only power there should be what ever I supply to it?? No where in my system do I have those voltages as it is 50vdc, 12vdc and 5 vdc these power readings are also present when there is no power applied to the Hypertherm. So im guessing somehow im applying voltage to it through one of the other connections and its multiplying??
Today 17:57

7i96s and Hypertherm CPC port THCad2

Ok power had been applied to the hypertherm prior to testing but an hour later the power on those pins seems to be slowly dropping off like there is a cap there at the relay?
Today 19:09

7i96S + 7i85S + THCAD2 firmware?

Hi, I'm currently building myself and hybrid Plasma/Router CNC. 

I originally chose to go with the 7i96S with 2x THCAD2 (Ohmic & Arc), but I ended up adding a 7i85S for more Steps and a 7i84D for a few more Inputs. The idea is to have everything plugged in and relying on LinuxCNC configurations to change between Plasma and Router.
I have 1 X axis, 2 Y axis, 2 Z axis (1 plasma & 1 spindle) and 1 A axis (Rotary axis).

Now, I think I need to compile my own firmware if I want the THCADs to be on the 7i96S and also support the 7i85S right? How can I do that?
Also, I looked at 7i96s_7i85sd.pin and noticed the TB3-1 to TB3-11 have None in "Sec. func" column. Was it just forgotten, or is this by design and I will have to move my Inputs to the 7i84D?

If there is any recommendations here, please go ahead. I probably should have asked before wiring the control box, but it still easy to do any modifications right now since the box is on my desk and not in use in the CNC. :)
Thanks!
Displaying 5056 - 5069 out of 5069 results.
Time to create page: 4.319 seconds