Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
21 Nov 2014 06:46 #53252 by DaBit
Bug in gmoccapy, or LinuxCNC itself?

The preview in gmoccapy had problems in the Y axis. Scaling and positioning is incorrect.

Using the sim.axis/axis_mm.ini everything is OK:

Running 2.8.0~pre1 as RIP.

Regarding the M2/M30 vs % sign: I did not dive deeply into it, but I still saw a switch back to G54 instead of G59

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2014 07:22 #53253 by newbynobi
Hallo,

Could you please post the gcode file?
I will try to reproduce that here on my mill.

Norbert

More
21 Nov 2014 07:37 #53254 by DaBit
I sent it to your n...@web.de mail address.

More
21 Nov 2014 18:02 #53258 by newbynobi
Dabit,

what have you done to your machine?
Have you done MDI commands before loading the file ?

Here it is correct, so it is not the file or gmoccapy.

Norbert
Attachments:

More
21 Nov 2014 19:41 #53262 by DaBit
I am using MDI extensively to setup the workpiece coordinates, drill a small reference hole to realign the part between multiple setups/operations, etcetera. So probably I did use MDI before loading the program. Commands are limited to G0XxxYyyZxx, S4000M3, M8, etc. however.

Milling itself was OK, it is only the preview that is distorted:

However, today I loaded a file directly after starting LinuxCNC, and the preview was wrong again. So it is not MDI.

I will do a fresh GIT pull in an empty directory (this one is a few weeks old and was once 2.7~pre), build it, and see if the problem persists. At least we have the same software then.

More
22 Nov 2014 06:22 #53277 by newbynobi
Dabit,

Please matain me informed

Norbert

More
22 Nov 2014 07:02 - 22 Nov 2014 07:10 #53279 by DaBit
[edit]
double post due to internal server error
[/edit]
Last edit: 22 Nov 2014 07:10 by DaBit.

More
22 Nov 2014 07:08 #53280 by DaBit
I did a fresh pull in an empty directory and built it. Had a small problem; they seem to have removed 'comp' and it took a small while to figure out that I need to use 'halcompile' nowadays.
Didn't test the new build yet due to running out of time; I will do that tomorrow.

I also still have this little issue that when I start LinuxCNC when one of the limitswitches is activated I cannot toggle the 'override' checkbox because it is grayed out. Only when the emergency stop is toggled to active and inactive this button becomes 'black'. Somehow the override button is grayed out until an estop event occurs?

And another thing: you once mentioned that you were planning a gmoccapy version with bulltin shopfloor programming as a paid option. Any progress on that? I am currently missing the 'shopfloor programming' abilities I have on the BF20, but that code really needs a thorough revision for the new mill. If there is something available for a reasonable amount of money I might be interested.
(and yes, I know about the existence of features and ngcgui/pyngcgui)

More
22 Nov 2014 15:57 - 22 Nov 2014 15:58 #53285 by DaBit
Unfortunately...

But: the simulator (sim.gmoccapy/gmoccapy.ini) is working fine. So it is something with my configuration.
Any idea where to start looking?
Last edit: 22 Nov 2014 15:58 by DaBit.

More
23 Nov 2014 22:12 #53317 by jmg22

And another thing: you once mentioned that you were planning a gmoccapy version with bulltin shopfloor programming as a paid option. Any progress on that? I am currently missing the 'shopfloor programming' abilities I have on the BF20, but that code really needs a thorough revision for the new mill. If there is something available for a reasonable amount of money I might be interested.
(and yes, I know about the existence of features and ngcgui/pyngcgui)

Ya like the heidenhain or mazatrol way !

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds