Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
12 Nov 2014 06:13 #53033 by newbynobi
DaBit,

The button is located on the edit button list.

Go to auto mode, then press edit, now you should see the reload button, as only here it make sence.

Norbert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2014 07:04 #53036 by DaBit

DaBit,
The button is located on the edit button list.
Go to auto mode, then press edit, now you should see the reload button, as only here it make sence.

Hi Norbert,

The one wirh description 'Save, reload and run' I assume? That one is quite useless imho; after changing things I prefer to inspect the preview first before hitting the big blue play button and often the changes are not made from within gmoccapy. I might have run a CAM program again because actual stock available is a bit different from what I chose initially, for example.

I'll see if I can replace the 'machine optional blocks' button with a VCP Action Reload myself.

Another thing: I am seeing gmoccapy change back from G59 used in a program to G54 when that program is finished. Costed me a center drill yesterday. Is that expected behaviour?
(I did not compare to AXIS)

More
12 Nov 2014 14:06 #53037 by mariusl

Another thing: I am seeing gmoccapy change back from G59 used in a program to G54 when that program is finished. Costed me a center drill yesterday. Is that expected behaviour?
(I did not compare to AXIS)

I concur. It would seem that gmoccapy does not keep the the fixture that was selected either during a program or manually. If you select say G55 and do your touchoff and cut an MDI sequence, it will return to G54 every time. Now you want to repeat the sequence then the offsets are incorrect as the controller is now in G54 resulting in a destroyed tool :)

I have not used my lathe since I finished it due to the fact that the tool changer is not done yet so the problem was not reported. I also scanned the code at the time and I did see a place where to fix it but that was a while ago and I cannot remember.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
12 Nov 2014 22:11 #53043 by Todd Zuercher
What happens if you end your program with just a % instead of an M2 or M30?

More
13 Nov 2014 05:46 - 13 Nov 2014 05:50 #53049 by newbynobi
@DaBit,

Not the save and run button, there should be a reload button on the left, or you use an old release.
If you change a program outside of gmoccapy, you should use the open file button and just load it again.

The only reason to reload a program is, if you did changes and before saving it you feel the change you did was wrong. There is no other reason i see. If a file has been changed, just do open it again!

G54/G55
If you do read the doumentation of M2 M30 etc. You will see, that this commands do reset the coordinate system to default G54. Axis should react exactly as gmoccapy do. A good coded program should begin with a call to the used system, so there should not be a problem. If you want to mantain the cloordinate system, you should begin and finish with '%‘.

If you use MDI commands, the selected system should not change after a move.
But if you do use macros, they should not end with M2, as thid are normal g code.

Marius, please give an example to test.

Norbert
Last edit: 13 Nov 2014 05:50 by newbynobi.

More
13 Nov 2014 06:01 #53051 by Johnny-Don
Amazing GUI, thank you for all of the hard work. I am not a programmer by any means, but I'm learning bits here and there. I made my own glade tab, and got it into Gmoccapy by adding the 3 lines to my INI file, my question is, how to I access the signals any widgets (buttons, LED, etc) I might add to my glade file? For instance, I have a custom HALoutput pin for PSI on my application, and I would like to display that in my custom tab, how would I go about doing so? Thanks for any help.

More
13 Nov 2014 14:59 #53058 by mariusl

What happens if you end your program with just a % instead of an M2 or M30?

I did not know about the difference between using the % and M2/M30. I will have to go loo at all the ngcgui and lathemacro files to make sure that they end with %. I have had programs that does not load if I use the % operator but I will have to go look at this a bit more clearly.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
14 Nov 2014 05:21 #53072 by newbynobi

my question is, how to I access the signals any widgets (buttons, LED, etc) I might add to my glade file? For instance, I have a custom HALoutput pin for PSI on my application, and I would like to display that in my custom tab, how would I go about doing so?

Do you use hal_widgets? If so, you should see the corresponding hal pin after starting the gui. Just connect them in your posthui.hal file. If you get problems, please post your complete config folder.

Norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnny-Don

More
20 Nov 2014 23:54 #53243 by verser
Hi Norbert,

whether а gmoccapy can alert the errors of g-code when loading g-code program?

More
21 Nov 2014 02:31 #53248 by newbynobi
Hallo verser,

I am looking for a solution, unfortunately the glade widgets do not have that option yet.
But it is on my to do list.

Norbert

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds