Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
26 Oct 2014 17:43 #52400 by Tom_R2E3
Hi, thanks for looking in to it.

I'm not at my mill at the moment but the axis sim behaves as you'd expect (pause then stop stops the program). The gmoccapy sim behaves as described above, (pause then stop jumps to the next tool change). Can check them both at my physical machine later.

Many thanks, Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2014 18:01 #52402 by mariusl

how would you go about getting external feed and spindle overrides to work in Gmoccapy. I'm using those cheep encoder switches from eBay and using the mpg inputs (16,17,18,19) on the mesa 7i77 card. I can see the enable and the a and b phases switch on in the show hal but the count does not work.

Is your 7i77 encoder input selected for digital? The default is usually set for differential input. I have some of those mpg's and will use them shortly on my lathe.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
27 Oct 2014 15:52 #52421 by papaours
About the PAUSE-STOP poroblem i had, here is my machine folder.

www.dropbox.com/sh/21w4c5arxa3b9ho/AACmY...zsUbsvfGvRdcbAa?dl=0

More
27 Oct 2014 18:55 #52426 by LAIR82

Hallo Rick,

I tried with an own program and could not reproduce that behavior. I do quiet often pause a program, measure an diameter, stop the program, make a new touch off or change tool offsets and then start a new run of the program. I never had any behavior as you mentioned.

I will need a program of yours to reproduce the behavior. Otherwise I will not be able to check where it comes from and will not be able to fix it.

IMHO it should not be a gmoccapy issue, as I am using only linuxcnc commands to run a program, but I will check that as soon as I got the sample program.

Norbert

Sorry for the delay Norbert, I have been so busy, I didn't realize you replied to this.

I will get a program, and post it for you.

The operator isn't even pausing it, the program stops on the MO1, as it should, and waits to be restarted, but sometimes the operator will just hit the "program stop" button (to theroretically abort, and reset the interpreter) and then "program start" ( which should start from the first line of the program), but I looks like it is starting off at the first coordinated G01 move, that is maybe 5-10 lines down in the program, totally bypassing the tool change, spindle command, and other modal codes.

Rick

More
27 Oct 2014 19:17 #52427 by andypugh

The operator isn't even pausing it, the program stops on the MO1, as it should, and waits to be restarted, but sometimes the operator will just hit the "program stop" button (to theroretically abort, and reset the interpreter) and then "program start" ( which should start from the first line of the program), but I looks like it is starting off at the first coordinated G01 move, that is maybe 5-10 lines down in the program, totally bypassing the tool change, spindle command, and other modal codes.

That sounds like a different problem. (though possibly related).

More
28 Oct 2014 01:44 #52453 by Connor9220
By Chance are you using Remap with a Tool Changer?

More
28 Oct 2014 07:55 #52473 by microsprintbuilder
I'm using a remap with tool changer in Gmoccapy, seems to work. Here is my stuff. I'm having trouble getting my external feed and spindle override encoder switches working via Mesa inputs 16,17,18,19 not the normal encoder inputs. Can anyone show me the way?
Attachments:

More
28 Oct 2014 15:02 - 28 Oct 2014 15:10 #52479 by newbynobi
@Rick

It is may be related to the STOP / RESUME / START bug i just solved.
I checked all possibilities and could not reproduce that. But if the user did not press STOP, but twice the PAUSE, than I get a similar behavior.
So if you update to 1.3.1 the behavior should be gone.

Please check and confirm!

Norbert
Last edit: 28 Oct 2014 15:10 by newbynobi.

More
28 Oct 2014 15:04 #52480 by newbynobi
@papaours

update to 1.3.1, as you are suffering also under the mentioned bug.

Norbert

More
28 Oct 2014 19:08 #52492 by LAIR82
Is that in master, or is that available in 2.6 as well?

Thanks Norbert,

Rick

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds