Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
08 Oct 2014 17:21 #51884 by newbynobi

I just had these two items pop up. I'm thinking the one is why my g-code box doesn't always show the current codes. The other I've had from the beginning and not sure what it's about.

The first error says, that the script does not find a file. Please check if that file is present.
I aggree, that this error should not come up, but I have never seen it bevore.

How can I reproduce it?

Norbert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2014 17:32 - 08 Oct 2014 17:33 #51885 by newbynobi
@papaours

1: how can i get the option to show the Gcode information about estimating time, and max x y z moove.

The estimated time has not been incorporated jet in gmoccapy, it is on my very long to do list, but may need some time, as I am busy with my 3D printer build up right now.

The max values should be visible in the preview, if you show dimensions.

2: could it be possible in the gcode editor to ad the option REPLACE wich is very helpfull when you need to change a Z value.

It should be possible, and I realy like that idea!
Chris: Could you give us a hand on that, as the original code comes from you.

3: how can i inclued a YES-NO question in a macro, which is for me a question of security if one day i push to the wrong button...... I start the spoilboard surfacing subroutine

I have never thought about that, but I do agree! May be I can incorporate some code to ask: "do you realy want to mess around ..." Or just do it with a smal custom python script, let me check on this.

4: do you think a tool log counter ( life time ) could be set in the to the tool table.

I do beleave it is possible, but it is not on my to do list. I do hope, that someone does rewrite the whole tooledit and handle part of linuxcnc, as it is old and does have several leaks of features like wear offsets or the number of tools that can be handled. So sorry, but I will not be able to solve that with my minimalistic knowledge about the very deep internals of linuxcnc. But I have seen some samples around, where people did check for run time of the machine with hal connections and I am sure it can be used also for your purpose.

Norbert
Last edit: 08 Oct 2014 17:33 by newbynobi.

More
10 Oct 2014 00:24 #51923 by bossboss
hi,
I have problems installing the camview unter debian wheezy. In your wiki there is a link to "psha.org.ru/debian/README.html". It is a repository for Ubuntu. How to intall camview under Wheezy?

This was not a help: "wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Adding_Camview"
thanks!

More
10 Oct 2014 03:26 #51930 by newbynobi
Sorry, i am not able to help, i only offer the place to include other programs. May even be necessary to build from souce.

psha.org.ru/b/camview-emc.html

I did read somewhere that it has been included, but i can't find it anymore.

Norbert

More
10 Oct 2014 07:35 #51933 by cmorley

@papaours

2: could it be possible in the gcode editor to ad the option REPLACE wich is very helpfull when you need to change a Z value.

It should be possible, and I realy like that idea!
Chris: Could you give us a hand on that, as the original code comes from you.

Norbert

Yes the hal_sourceview code has search capability, adding replace should not be that hard... I will try to look at that soon.

Chris M

More
12 Oct 2014 07:11 #51973 by cmorley
Norbert:

I added a text_replace method to the hal_sourceview widget in master.
You can replace-all and ignore-case as options.

I added the capability to Gscreen industrial as an example.
You will need to add buttons and code to use it in Gmoccapy of course.

Chris M

More
13 Oct 2014 02:16 - 13 Oct 2014 02:18 #51981 by newbynobi
gmoccapy 1.3.0 - added replace to edit mode

ver. 1.3.0
- added replace function to the edit page
- added ignore case to allow case sensitive search
- added reload button on edit page, so if you
mixed up to much, you are able to reload the
original file
- corrected an error at start up, giving a button
a label, conflicting with a button label
- changed a wrong icon on the button go up one directory

1.3.0 is only in master!! as the replace functions of hal_sourceview are not yet in 2.6 !!

Next I will try to make the keyboard shortcuts editable or at least allow users to add additional keys.

Norbert
Last edit: 13 Oct 2014 02:18 by newbynobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: balestrino

More
13 Oct 2014 18:30 #52017 by LAIR82
Hello Guys,

My operator has noticed an issue on two of the three machines that are using gmoccapy, friday he was running a small production job on the one turning center and noticed the following,

He was running a fairly long program, but the first section, probably 20-25 lines was a small chamfer, turn the OD to a shoulder, then face the shoulder, then return to tool change position, holding on an M01. He would check the od with a Micrometer, then run a spring-pass if needed to take another tenth or two off the OD. The problem was if he needed to take the spring-pass he would press program stop, then press program start, and the machine would not start at the top of the program, it would start moving at a feed rate not the rapid to the start position. I ran it a few times, and noticed it every time. After it would start up funky like that, then we would hit program stop, then program start, and it would run fine. But it will always run one messed up cycle, then be fine when doing this.

Thanks

Rick

More
14 Oct 2014 02:08 - 14 Oct 2014 02:09 #52063 by newbynobi
Hallo Rick,

I tried with an own program and could not reproduce that behavior. I do quiet often pause a program, measure an diameter, stop the program, make a new touch off or change tool offsets and then start a new run of the program. I never had any behavior as you mentioned.

I will need a program of yours to reproduce the behavior. Otherwise I will not be able to check where it comes from and will not be able to fix it.

IMHO it should not be a gmoccapy issue, as I am using only linuxcnc commands to run a program, but I will check that as soon as I got the sample program.

Norbert
Last edit: 14 Oct 2014 02:09 by newbynobi.

More
21 Oct 2014 09:57 - 21 Oct 2014 09:58 #52228 by jmg22
hello I just installed debian and uses gmoccapy, thank you for the good work. I have a problem on the virtual keyboard (onboard) which is not available in debian there he has a way to use other software like matchbox-keyboard?

thank you
jean-manuel gagnon
Last edit: 21 Oct 2014 09:58 by jmg22. Reason: add name

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.347 seconds