Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
16 Sep 2014 23:43 #51241 by PKM
Thank you

I installed the matchbox-keyboard

I updated LCNC to 2.6.3 a few days back. How do I update gmoccapy to the latest version? Wiki only covers updating run-in-place version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2014 00:49 #51243 by cncbasher
so long as you keep linuxcnc up to date gmoccapy will follow , abiet probably 24hrs or so later

More
18 Sep 2014 21:05 - 18 Sep 2014 21:11 #51308 by pippin88
Norbert,

I really like what you have done on gmoccapy, however I want to change a few things to suit me, so I've started editing it.
I'm directly editing the following on a virtual machine:
/usr/share/gmoccapy/gmoccapy.glade
/usr/bin/gmoccapy

I can't work out one thing - how to change the icon size. I've edited /usr/bin/gmoccapy, changing 'iconsize = 48' to 'iconsize = 24' but it hasn't changed anything.
I've changed the requested height in the glade editor, which changes the button size, but the actual icons don't scale.

Other changes I've made in that file work (for example changes to error messages).

The other thing I would like to do is contribute some corrections of typos and spelling. How can I do that?

Thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Sep 2014 21:11 by pippin88.

More
18 Sep 2014 23:47 #51310 by cncbasher
you will need to go directly to the gmoccapy application
in the linuxcnc/bin directory , it's location depends on your installation

More
19 Sep 2014 00:23 - 19 Sep 2014 00:26 #51312 by newbynobi
Hallo pippin88,

you will have to shrink the images itself, as glade does not support automatic size allocation for button images.

You can just edit the size in the folder /usr/share/gmoccapy/images
It can be done with an image software like gimp or using the shell using convert. I do it very often for my fotos with a whole folder with
for i in *.jpg ; do convert $i -resize 640x480 klein/$i ;  done

What will shrink all fotos in the actual folder to 640 x 480 pixel and save them with the same name in the subfolder klein witch must exist.

So if you change the button size from the actual height 56 to be 48, you will have to shrink the corresponding icon from the actual value 48 to 36.

I appreciate a lot if you like to contribute!
There are several ways you can.
1. making a patch
you will have to get the source code with git and make than the changes you like. After that you can make a patch with
git format-patch master --stdout > gmoccapy_patch_from_pippin88.patch
git apply --stat gmoccapy_patch_from_pippin88.patch
The second line will just show you the information over the patch.
You can mail me the patch, I will check it and push it.

2. just make a list of the typos and corrections, I will correct the errors and push the changes

@cncbasher
You are not correctly right. If he wants to make only local changes for his use, he can do that with the files and folders he mentioned, but...
If he makes an update, all his changes are lost. So he will beter make backups after changes.

Norbert
Last edit: 19 Sep 2014 00:26 by newbynobi.

More
19 Sep 2014 03:11 #51321 by cncbasher
yes agreed Norbert

More
19 Sep 2014 14:46 #51331 by PKM
newbynobi

Is it possible to make the feed and speed sliders wider? It's hard to grab them by touch even on 15" display... twice wider would be perfect, I guess

More
19 Sep 2014 17:43 - 19 Sep 2014 17:50 #51340 by pippin88
Norbert,

Thank you for your help.
I am having good success customizing gmoccapy.
I am aware not to allow updates because they will overwrite my changes. I will start using git soon.

I have one problem with lathe mode: moving the gremlin display in lathe mode is disabled. Zoom works but dragging doesn't. I want to be able to drag it around (so I can zoom close and look at tool paths).

Many thanks for all your good work!
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Sep 2014 17:50 by pippin88.

More
19 Sep 2014 22:17 #51349 by cncbasher
you can drag and move the displayed toolpath and zoom in and out
have you a mouse with a roller for zoom etc
holding left mouse button down allows you to drag display

More
19 Sep 2014 22:21 #51350 by LAIR82

Norbert,

I have one problem with lathe mode: moving the gremlin display in lathe mode is disabled. Zoom works but dragging doesn't. I want to be able to drag it around (so I can zoom close and look at tool paths).

I actually see the same issues on my three turning centers, and when I have the mouse connected for programming, updating etc, it does not effect moving the gremlin backplot, zoom works with the mouse but not click and drag.

We haven't had issue with it, but would be nice if it worked.

Thanks

Rick

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds