Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
17 Aug 2014 06:21 #49955 by DaOne
Here are a few screen shots. I can get a few more once I get home. The system implements a "IPS" system to allow you to build a basic program right on the control. Its a shame Mach3 was so unreliable. I gave up after hearing mach4 was almost ready for many years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2014 08:25 #49958 by Zahnrad Kopf
Wow. Just "wow".

Wes, what do you do?

More
17 Aug 2014 15:47 #49965 by cncbasher
wes,
would you be kind enough to send me the screens , i'll try and stick my neck out and make a linuxcnc variant based on gmocappy
i have a few ideas to add as well

dave

More
18 Aug 2014 07:38 #49980 by DaOne
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75606622/Ins...%20Build%206.87a.zip

Pass = mach3ips

This is an installer for a windows box. Just install it and then you can look at the files. All images will be there. if you wanna see the screen install a demo of mach 3. There is also a screen editor available.

Here is just the images if you don't wanna install it...

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75606622/IPS_IMAGES.zip

Let me know what you come up with or if you need any help.

More
18 Aug 2014 07:57 #49981 by DaOne
Also those screens above are old ones. There are many additions and fixes since those were taken. The IPS system only worked with the modules that were created. The screen itself is finished for the most part. Like I say I gave up when I had Mach3 freak out and make my lathe do wild things. Thankfully it was only a 1 HP hobby lathe and not the 30 HP version I was planning to retrofit with it. That lathe was converted with Linux CNC :) I would love to have this working under LinuxCNC but the learning curve to implement was just way too much time at the time.

More
18 Aug 2014 08:48 #49982 by Zahnrad Kopf
Man oh man, oh man, oh man...

THIS ought to be good. If Gmoccapy had these graphics with its layout as customizable as it is, and combined with the features of ncgui... woo...

We'd basically have the LinuxCNC equivalent ( possbily better? ) of Mazatrol...

I can't wait to see how this goes.

Thank you Wes for the offering and thank you Dave for the undertaking. If I can assist in some way, holler.

More
18 Aug 2014 23:35 #50005 by newbynobi
@Dave,

if you need help, or just any kind of information regarding gmoccapy, do not hesitate to contact me.

I will be glad if I can give you a hand.
But first question to answer is: Should we go on with Glade in the actual version? It will not be supported any more in 12.04 as far as I know. Installing it under 12.04 is possible.

Glade vcp is based on an older Glade version than the default from 12.04.

@Marius,

thanks, I will change the names as soon as possible.

Norbert

More
19 Aug 2014 00:39 #50015 by cmorley
Norbert

I think you'll find that Gmoccapy will continue to work beyond 12.04 - you just won't be able to edit the glade file.
But you could edit it on an older system and the transfer it to the newer system.

I haven't tried this, but i'm pretty sure it's just the gtk2 glade editor they have dumped.

Chris M

More
19 Aug 2014 01:52 #50018 by cncbasher
well if glade is not going to be supported , then i think we need to seriously consider the options , or we are going to become bogged down
because of incompatibility's , now or in the future . same as or similar to what has happened the last few years with linuxcnc in general

better to make changes now , than another 2 years when everything is entrenched , and then something happens
QT4 Perhaps ?

More
19 Aug 2014 03:30 #50021 by cmorley
I believe Qt 4 is licence incompatible but QT5 is ok - this is what machinekit has basically gone to.

gladevcp needs to converted to gtk3 then the glade editor is useful again. (not a small adventure)

again,the existing glade panels / screens should work fine, one just can't edit them on the newest systems.

Chris M

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds