Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
14 Aug 2014 23:54 #49866 by newbynobi
Hallo Zahnradkopf,

This is gmoccapy for a front side lathe, there is a very big difference between the MACH3 Screen you show and the design of my GUI gmoccapy.

Gmoccapy is designed to be operated with a touch screen, not a mouse and most functions can be reached placing hardware button around the screen, so it simulates more or less a industrial CNC machine control.

For all details, I made a WIKI ,
you will find also information about customizing the layout in the WIKI. Feel free to contribute.

Norbert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2014 00:12 #49867 by mariusl
Of coarse you are right they are not the same. I meant to say similar in function. :blush: All the required functions to operate a lathe is on the Gmoccapy screen.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
15 Aug 2014 00:44 #49868 by Zahnrad Kopf
Hallo Norbert!

Wow! Vielen danke für die wiki seite. Das sieht sehr gut gemacht. Es scheint, dass fast alles, was ich wünsche, vorhanden ist. Neupositionierung vielleicht einige der artikel, kann mir geben, was ich wünsche. Klar von schlamm? Entschuldigung fur meine fehl Duetsch. Es hat seit langem.

Thank you very much for that wiki site. That looks very well crafted. It looks like everything I want is there. Maybe rearranging some of the items would give me exactly what I am looking for. Clear as mud? With apologies for my poor Duetsch. It has been too long.

Vielen Dank!

I am sure I will have more questions...

The Gear Head :)

More
15 Aug 2014 02:46 #49875 by DaOne

Guys,

I tried reading through the whole thread, but might have missed my answer.

Is there a screen in Gmoccapy that resembles this one yet?

That one is actually really very close to what I am desiring. Is there some location with many different Turning Center screens available right now, in LCNC?

Thank you.

Zahnrad Kopf,

That was a screen I created for Mach3 some years back. If your interested in creating one using my resources please let me know and I will provide you a copy of them.

-Wes

More
15 Aug 2014 03:32 #49876 by mariusl
They should have hired you to do the mach screens for them :)

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
15 Aug 2014 05:50 - 15 Aug 2014 05:53 #49879 by Zahnrad Kopf

That was a screen I created for Mach3 some years back. If your interested in creating one using my resources please let me know and I will provide you a copy of them.
-Wes

Wes - Thanks so much for the offer. I have a feeling that I'll find most everything I need in Gmoccapy already, but if I do need to I will do so.

They should have hired you to do the mach screens for them :)

No kidding! I have to agree. Wes's idea of a Turning Center screen is EXCELLENT. Seriously - it's good stuff!

Every bit of information that I USE and LOOK FOR every day when using a Turning Center is right there, in his. And, it's laid out very nicely as well.
Last edit: 15 Aug 2014 05:53 by Zahnrad Kopf.

More
15 Aug 2014 11:10 #49882 by Zahnrad Kopf
Wes,

I just want to say that I have been thinking on this all night now and really, really like your screen, there. You did a very nice job on that.

I will try to have something similar in my own, in Gmoccapy but I'm sure it will require assistance with how things render.

So, "Well Done Sir".

More
15 Aug 2014 12:44 #49885 by cmorley
Wes can you show the other tabs of your screen?

Chris M

More
15 Aug 2014 22:50 #49893 by Zahnrad Kopf

-Wes

Wes - Thanks so much for the offer. I have a feeling that I'll find most everything I need in Gmoccapy already, but if I do need to I will do so.

Still cogitating over this and think I might take you up on your offer. Even if only to have as much input/information as possible, in effort to keep open options and an open mind. I'll write you directly. Thank you!

More
16 Aug 2014 17:02 #49922 by mariusl
Hi Norbert
I just noticed that the naming convention was not followed when you implemented the spindle speed stuff.
gmoccapy.spindle_at_speed_led should be gmoccapy.spindle-at-speed-led
and
gmoccapy.spindle_feedback_bar should be gmoccapy.spindle-feedback-bar

There are several such changes for the plasma screen but I will forward those to you later :)

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds