Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
19 Sep 2014 22:26 #51351 by cncbasher
Rick ,
Click and drag works fine here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2014 22:30 #51352 by LAIR82
I just tried it on my sim machine, Gmoccapy v1.2.2 and I can't get it to move, and I tried the different options in the dropdown box, in the settings page.

Do I need to be using a ps/2 mouse or should a usb mouse work?

Rick

More
19 Sep 2014 22:36 #51353 by PKM
LAIR82

I also have problems moving with the left button. If I choose "...right move" in settings it works fine.
Though, today I was playing with these settings and suddenly left button turned out moving.
So I guess there's a bug somewhere, probably on Wheezy only.

More
19 Sep 2014 22:41 #51354 by LAIR82
Yep I see it now,

Right move, left zoom, middle rotate

That lets it move using the right mouse button,

Left move, middle rotate, right zoom will let the touchscreen with your finger move it.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04

Rick

More
19 Sep 2014 23:19 #51355 by cncbasher
Rick ,
i'm using a usb 2 button , with wheel

Dave

More
20 Sep 2014 03:36 #51365 by Andreas_S
Hello

I use Gmoccapy since a few weeks on my mill. Before i used Axis and therefore I'm now missed the posibilty to Switch with the keyboard to MDI and MANUAL mode.

Now I implemented in gmoccapy.py (2.7~pre) to switch to manual mode with "F3" and to MDI mode with "F5" (as in Axis) and it works fine.

Is it possible to implement the code in next release, so it wouldn't be overwritten any time I do a upgrade?

I implented it after this lines:
 try:
            if keyname == "F2" and signal:
                # only turn on if no estop!
                if self.widgets.tbtn_estop.get_active():
                    return True
                self.widgets.tbtn_on.emit("clicked")
                return True
and here is the code:
      	    # Added support for F3 (manual mode) and (mdi mode)
            if keyname == "F3" and signal:
               self.command.mode(linuxcnc.MODE_MANUAL)
                return True

if keyname == "F5" and signal:
                self.command.mode(linuxcnc.MODE_MDI)
                return True
Or what other possibilies exist to implement the code in the stable release? I'm not really familiar with software maintenace on Linux....

Thanks
Andreas

More
29 Sep 2014 21:45 #51655 by DaBit
I have two questions. Maybe they are already answered, but I could not find it:

1) If I hit a limit switch gmoccapy nicely says I did so and shuts down the machine. The problem is that I cannot re-activate the machine since the 'override limits' checkbox stays grayed out. How can I activate that checkbox?

2) Is it possible to reduce the precision of the DRO to 2 digits behind the dot? I am running in millimeters and my feedback position comes from linear scales which I assigned a small deadband. So if I say 'G90G0X5' the DRO often displays 4.998 or so. I would prefer to have that rounded and displayed as 5.00. Where can I change that?

I am running a recent git pull of master (2.7.0~pre) BTW.

More
30 Sep 2014 03:23 - 30 Sep 2014 03:31 #51673 by newbynobi
@All,

Sorry for being away so long. I have been working on the documentation. It is now included in master and 2.6, not completely finished, but we will soon be able to remove the Wiki side. If you like to help, please see

Linuxcnc-devel/docs/src/gui/gmoccapy.txt

It is an asciidoc fotmated text file. You can edit it and send the changes and additons by mail, so I can push them.

@Dave and Rick,
Is moving the plot in lathe mode solved? It is working here with mouse and Debian and with Touchscreen and Ubuntu.

@Andreas,
Your solution do work, but what happen if a User hits F2 , while the machine is processing a ngc file in Auto mode? We should include tests like OK for manual mode and OK for Mdi. I will try to take a closer look ASAP.

@DaBit,
If the machine is out of emergency status and the machine is off, the chk_ignore_limits should be checkable. It will be unsensitive if machine is switched on! So check the box, before switching on the machine.

You will have to edit the combi_dro settings in the gmoccapy.glade file to change the resolution of the DRO. You can do that with the glade editor. If you are on Ubuntu you may need to start glade from a terminal after doing rip-environment. (Ask if you need more info)

@pippin88
Waiting for your corrections:-)

Norbert
Last edit: 30 Sep 2014 03:31 by newbynobi. Reason: added more info

More
30 Sep 2014 16:38 #51681 by cncbasher
@norbert

being able to move plot in lathe mode does not work here , but works fine in Mill

using :
gmoccapy 1.2.2
wheezy hybrid iso & developer version from git
Also installed version
gmocappy 1.2.0 & linuxcnc 2.6.3 identical results

hope it helps

More
30 Sep 2014 16:42 #51682 by pippin88
I found that if I changed 'Mouse Button Mode' in settings it started to work.

Norbet,

I have made many changes to the GUI looks. I have customised it for mouse control (not touch screen).
It still needs a lot of work.
I'm not sure if my changes will be useful to you, but I will post them when I have things more refined.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds