Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
25 Oct 2014 06:19 #52373 by andypugh
Your code looks very strange, but I doubt that is the problem.

Can you answer the question about whether the DRO changes during the un-programmed move? That would help to work out where the problem might be.

Is this a stepper machine, or servos?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2014 08:54 #52375 by papaours
The machine is set with Bosch ac servo. Tacho to the drive encoder to linux. mesa 5i20 7i33 7i37

Yes the DRO is showing the moove, and the plot have record the moove.

Here some picture, the pencil show the move. The result is on the white melamine sheet.

My Gcode is strange :) i know.
I cut it in parts with a lot of underscore in case i need to start again at a tool change position.
And recently i have mix G61.1 with G64P to win some time during positioning move where i dont need any acuracy.

Attachments:

More
25 Oct 2014 08:58 #52376 by papaours
This is the G code file i was running when it happen.

File Attachment:

File Name: ElMasricop...ISS8.ngc
File Size:15 KB
Attachments:

More
25 Oct 2014 09:07 #52377 by andypugh
OK, that's a big, serious machine and runaways there have scope to be very bad.

What are your following-error limits? Do you trigger a following-error fault during these moves?
I am trying to work out if these are commanded moves being accurately followed, or something hardware / control-loop related.

(As an example, a wiring fault on a tachometer would send the drive running full-speed in a random move, but LinuxCNC would spot that the axis wasn't where it should be and shut-down when the F_ERROR limit was hit.)

Actually, that's another thing, do you get a following-error?

Can you take the tool out, move the Z to a safe height, and repeat with Halscope running?

More
25 Oct 2014 10:15 #52378 by papaours
I am not in front of the computer but this kind of move are bigger than what i have set! The gantry id quite heavy....

I am have use the machine a complete year under Axis with 2.5 and never get any problem.

The strange thing is Pusch PAUSE then STOP and here she jump.
Tow day ago it was worst, she completely Erase g54 XY offset on the middle of a cut and went out of 350mm
Hopefully i am not using any fixture

I tell you Halloween is coming and she want to kill me.

One idea will be to try with 2.6.3 and Axis Display if it happen again.

Next month i will start retrofiting a bigger one with 3.5m/s/s acceleration and 75m/mn XY speed...... I hope we found what going wrong around

Any way i dont think Ferror will save me because when i look at the Gcode on right screen the line where she jump was highlight. ( i have not sitch on Start frome here ) wihout stable MDI mode it is yo hazardous to Start on the middle of a moove without any G43 or M code.

Last thing, the crazy moove was perfectly executed, cordinated XY g61.1 then plunge g64 and cut.
A mechanical error could not be so perfect.......

It's a ghost !!!!!

More
25 Oct 2014 10:19 #52379 by andypugh

One idea will be to try with 2.6.3 and Axis Display if it happen again.

That's an easy test. Gmoccapy is pretty new.

You could try Touchy, but that absolutely requires some physical controls. (The designer didn't trust a touch-screen for actual machine moves, a viewpoint I have some sympathy with)

Axis is very, very well tested by now. I think that switching to that might help isolate the problem.

More
26 Oct 2014 00:30 #52390 by micges
Hi,

please pastebin.com your configuration ini file.

regards
Michael

More
26 Oct 2014 03:44 #52394 by microsprintbuilder
how would you go about getting external feed and spindle overrides to work in Gmoccapy. I'm using those cheep encoder switches from eBay and using the mpg inputs (16,17,18,19) on the mesa 7i77 card. I can see the enable and the a and b phases switch on in the show hal but the count does not work.
Attachments:

More
26 Oct 2014 16:49 #52398 by Tom_R2E3
I came here to ask something else, but I see others have experienced the pause-stop behaviour. Saw that for the first time yesterday (my machine is quite new to me) I got to e-stop with about 3mm to spare before plunging my job. So yeah, if your program is paused and you then touch program-stop it jumps to the next tool change line of your program and runs from there. Wasn't expecting that!

My question was regarding coordinate systems in Gmoccapy. If you're making some moves in G54 everything is normal, the DRO shows G54 and it's also listed in the "G-code" part of the screen. If your program then changes to say G55, the machine responds correctly, but the DRO and G-code list still display G54, it's a bit confusing. If you were to complete the same exercise line by line in MDI then the DRO etc. displays coordinate systems correctly. Not sure if this has been mentioned before, this Topic is too long to read through.

Using Gmoccapy 1.2.0 as bundled with 2.6 on Debian iso.

More
26 Oct 2014 17:25 - 26 Oct 2014 18:31 #52399 by newbynobi
Hallo,

sorry for being away some time.
The Jump has been noticed also from a German user. It is a serious problem.

gmoccapy_1_3_1 - fixed PAUSE / RESUME / STOP bug

ver. 1.3.1

- fixed very serious bug PAUSE / RESUME / STOP issue
Program jumped to strange positions if STOP has been pressed
while PAUSE was active.
Thanks to Mael (papaours) for finding it.

I did find the bug! It was related to wrong PAUSE / RESUME handling from the linuxcnc python interpreter, I changed to use hal_actions instead and it do work correct now.

Please update to master to solve, until it has been merged to deb repository. Or check out the 2.6 branch and compile.

Just make sure, that you do use gmoccapy 1.3.1.

Thanks for reporting the bug.

Norbert
Last edit: 26 Oct 2014 18:31 by newbynobi.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds