Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
25 Jun 2013 13:42 #36022 by newbynobi
Hallo Marius,

Can that be done on a user tab while the machine is running?

yes you can add user Tabs in different locations!
Please visit the WIKI and read "tabs and Side Panel" for all the details.

Norbert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2013 14:07 #36024 by mariusl
Hi Norbert
I have done just that and placed a tab but I am thinking to block out the spindle and cooling functions and place the Plasma functions there. Do you think that could be done so that I can turn the one or the other on with a setting?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
19 Jul 2013 17:17 #36795 by newbynobi

Hi Norbert
I have done just that and placed a tab but I am thinking to block out the spindle and cooling functions and place the Plasma functions there. Do you think that could be done so that I can turn the one or the other on with a setting?

Sorry Marius,

I missed your question. What you want is possible, if you place all you want in a gtk.notebook page, you may then switch between the different pages to get one or the other settings.

As IMHO it is a very singulair wish, I will not include that in the original code (at this development state).

Norbert

More
19 Jul 2013 17:25 #36796 by newbynobi
gmoccapy ver. 0.9.5 has been pushed!

Here are the changes:

- Keyboard shortcuts, now ESCAPE only aborts and F1 emit estop

- spindle can be switched on and off while program is paused, without getting an error

- sourceview now with search and do / redo, while in edit mode

- added an offset page in ntb_preview with the possibility
* to select directly an coordinate system
* edit the coordinates of every system
* give the systems human names, like naming G56 as center of rotary table

- fixed a bug in tooledit, trying to touch of a tool not in spindle, I must check if this should be allowed
or if it better only allowing touch off with the tool in spindle

- changed gmoccapy keyboard to "onboard",
if the layout is not correct, or the keys emitted are wrong, the following command will correct it
setxkbmap -layout <your contry letters>
gb for Great Britain, de for Germany, etc.

- start from line dialog changed, it will remain open until you press cycle start

- changed the entry dialog, so in some cases it is only possible to enter integer values

- added a button to select a tool by its number, it is easier, if you have a lot of tools

- settings page, it is possible to select if you want to use the onbord keyboard also in tooledit page
and in offset page editing

And now the work to include a 4-th axis has began!
So development will go on.
I am also working on a touch screen friendly file selection dialog!

I will update the WIKI as soon as possible.

Norbert

More
19 Jul 2013 17:30 #36798 by mariusl
Hi Norbert
Thanks for that, it really looks great. I am really excited about the 4th axis. It will be the cherry on the cake for your work, I think :)

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
19 Jul 2013 17:37 #36799 by mariusl

As IMHO it is a very singulair wish, I will not include that in the original code (at this development state).

I fully realize that Norbert. I did not really expect that you should do it. I am very new to this environment but I am learning fast. I will eventually have a configurable screen that will switch between plasma, mill and custom if I need to. I am not working on it just yet as I am waiting for your work to get closer to the end. Like the 4th axis. My bit will just be a small change after that for me.

Thanks again for really great work. I have been asked, by our local CNC Club to do a presentation on all the new stuff that has surfaced on Linuxcnc. I will be introducing the members to your work and I am sure they will all be very impressed.

Keep it up man:)

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
22 Jul 2013 04:37 #36872 by f1oat
I would like to add a small feature to Gmoccapy: altering automatically the tool table by reading tags in G-Code file.
I have already modified Cambam config too generate tool table as below:
( Made using CamBam - http://www.cambam.co.uk )
( Support HD5000 cover V11 7/15/2013 11:08:44 PM )
( LINUXCNC/TOOLTABLE, 2, "2.00mm 1 flute Fraise cylindrique", 2.0, 0.0, 20.0 )
( LINUXCNC/TOOLTABLE, 4, "6.00mm 4 flute Fraise cylindrique", 6.0, 0.0, 20.0 )
( LINUXCNC/TOOLTABLE, 5, "3.17mm 2 flute Fraise à bout rond", 3.17, 1.585, 30.0 )
(STOCK/BLOCK,80.0,80.0,10.0,10.0,10.0,10.0 )
G21 G90 G64 P0.01 G40
G0 Z3.0
I have now to launch some Python code when the .ngc file is loaded.
I would like to integrate this modification without modifiying Gmoccapy files. Looks like it is possible with gladevcp handlers, but I will need some help to show me where to start.
Can I add a custom handler somewhere in the "DISPLAY = gscreen -c gmoccapy -d" config line ?
Thanks.

More
22 Jul 2013 13:20 #36875 by cmorley
Gmoccapy and Gscreen are married to gladeVCP, but with little differences.
They invoke the gladeVCP libraries, but initialize differently.

As such you cannot add a second handler file (Gmoccapy uses the handler file principal to modify Gscreen)
So really I think you need to just add to Gmoccapy's handler file.

I'm not sure how successful this will work - but we won't know till you try :)

hal_status sends a signal to Gscreen when a file is loaded - it calls on_hal_status_file_loaded
You could override this in Gmoccapy by adding the same method name to Gmoccapy's handler file.

From there you could call Gscreen's method or just duplicate it's code (it's a short method)
Then add whatever code you need to parse the file and save it to the tooltable.
The next trick is to get linuxcnc to reread the tool table so as to update it.
There are only certain times you can get linuxcnc to read it. machine on and interpreter idle IIRC
There are python bindings to linuxcnc and a command to reread the tool table.
look at tooledit_widget.py for ideas there.

Interesting idea !

Chris M

More
22 Jul 2013 15:50 #36880 by andypugh

I would like to add a small feature to Gmoccapy: altering automatically the tool table by reading tags in G-Code file..

There is a G-code for that (G10) though it does not allow for changing the tool comment.

If you want to manipulate the tool table using "magic comments" then you could look at
git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a...0698515a22652a#l1353

More
23 Jul 2013 02:56 #36910 by newbynobi
@f1oat,

you have to add some code like Chris mentioned to hal_status_file_loaded,
as the file is placed in hal_sourceview, you can just parse this file and then you emit a clicked command to the corresponding buttons in gmoccapy to add a tool to the tooltable, you can emit also the apply button and so on.

I hope you don't get an error, loading the file, because at that moment the needed tools do not exist!
And what happen, when the tool already exist?

But it is a very interesant Idea, IMHO only theoretic, because what if you have the tools in the tool table, but you dont have them in real?

Norbert

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds