Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
01 Jun 2013 17:18 #35086 by newbynobi
@ Marius,

I will do so!

Norbert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2013 14:05 #35560 by newbynobi
gmoccapy ver. 0.9.4 is on master!

The most important change is, that gmoccapy will use its own locale folder, so it may be translated to every language linuxcnc supports.
I added German by my own and I am waiting for the Spanish translation from Jorge.
If someone like an other language, just give me a info, so I will include the language.

The second change to be taken care off is that I renamed some hal Pin, so if you use your own config, you might be forced to edit it.

All changes are:

- corrected a lot of typo, thanks to David for his help
- renamed some widgets from "cero" to "zero"
- deleted one increment in every INI file, so the GUI fits better to smallest screen size
- translation to German included and prepared for more languages
- there was still an error in key handling with incremental jogging, hope I solved it now for final
- changed the dialog "run_from_line" to use gscreens default, resulting in the need to rename
"hal_sourceview" to "gcode_view"
- renamed all pins and definitions from "overide" to "override" because of typo
- avoid getting to the touch off button, while the machine is not homed
- hide Y touch off buttons in lathe mode
- solved a bug executing a command constantly related with feed and periodic
- Tool change from tool editor now works like it should even with T1 M6 as with M61 Q1
- the tool in spindle will be marked active if you enter the tool editor.

Norbert

More
15 Jun 2013 14:06 #35667 by mariusl
Hi Norbert,
I just pulled the latest version of linuxcnc-dev and ran Gmoccapy on my brand new touch panel. It really looks great and I cant wait to put it to work on my mill,

The million dollar question is now - when are you going to add the fourth axis so we can cut gears? :)

Thanks a lot man your work is great.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
16 Jun 2013 01:00 #35691 by newbynobi
Hallo Marius,

I would answer "very, very soon", but I must answer:
"I am working on it, but with limited time at the moment"

So it will take some time, but is the next step to do for sure, just together or after the cero table!

Norbert

More
16 Jun 2013 02:29 #35693 by mariusl
Hi Norbert,
That is very good news indeed.I wish you luck and hope you find a lot of time soon. :) In the mean time I will be using the screen as is. I have some time to finish my 4th axis as well.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
21 Jun 2013 05:24 #35854 by spangledboy
Hi. I've successfully installed gmoccapy simulator in both a virtual machine and on my mills computer and I'm really pleased with the look and functionality.

However, I just tried applying my machines "live" configuration to it without any real luck. I created a new folder under configs for the new configuration, copied the contents of the sim\gmoccapy folder into it and put in my edited .ini and .hal files (as per the wiki page). I copied the desktop shortcut for Gmoccapy and pointed it to the new .ini file, but when I try to run it by double clicking, nothing happens. No errors, no reaction at all! All the other shortcuts I have (for both 2.6.0 & 2.5.2) still work just fine.

I'm guessing that the problem I have is some really basic issue that I should be aware of by now, but it has me scratching my head at the moment!

As a test I tried running the same config folder under v2.5.2, but I got an error then, but I think that's expected as I understand Gmoccapy will not run under 2.5.2, only 2.6.0 (Master), unless I'm mistaken?

I'm really looking forward to trying this screen on my machine, especially once I get my hands on a touchscreen....

Keep up the good work Norbert!

Ben

More
21 Jun 2013 12:38 #35868 by mariusl
Ben,
I tried the same as you and got the same problems. Here is what I did to fix it.
I found that if you have never created a config on 2.5.2 you can run from a shortcut link to 2.6.0. It works like that on one of my machines but the other I created a script that sets up the rip-environment and then calls linuxcnc from the dev directory. I call the script from the desktop icon. The config should also remain under the dev branch config directory. I found if I moved it out, linuxcnc would not start either.
Sorry not a very technical answer but this works for me. If you dont come right I will post the script for you.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
21 Jun 2013 14:06 #35872 by cncbasher
open a terminal first and then run your startup for linuxcnc , you should then be able to see in the terminal any errors
chances are it's a path or one of the links to the simulation files which are broken , which of course now you dont need ...
if you can zip up your full config folder and attach i'll check it out here for you .

More
21 Jun 2013 19:59 - 21 Jun 2013 19:59 #35882 by newbynobi
Thanks Ben for the compliments, and be sure, I will go on with the GUI, I have a lot of Idea, but at the moment my familiy needs some time and we do have sommer and my motobikes are crying "Please let us take a ride".

And unfortunately I am not able to resist that beautifull sidecar and solo bikes ;-))

Norbert
Last edit: 21 Jun 2013 19:59 by newbynobi.

More
22 Jun 2013 01:38 #35894 by mariusl
Ooh but you are making us jealous over here where it is winter.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds