PathPilot V2 source code

More
07 Mar 2022 13:03 - 07 Mar 2022 13:06 #236577 by smgvbest
Replied by smgvbest on topic PathPilot V2 source code
No that is the version for running the machine it does not contain the source code

You want to contact Tormach customer service and request the PP2 Source code. they will tell you how to order which usually involves sending them a check for $10.

they will send you a CD with the source code.

it contains only the parts of LinuxCNC Tormach uses, not the full release of LinuxCNC. you can get the full release on the web.

the gpg password is only to decrypt the update files Tormach sends out if you want to look at them prior to installing them. you can run a diff on them vs your previous installed version to see what they changed.

if you want to build a working version of PP2 from source you're going to want a DEV version of it. I installed PP from the USB drive to a VMWare image first then installed the PP source to it. downloaded the LinuxCNC release they used for that part then you have to install a compiler and tools like glade if your want to edit screens, you also have to install all the dependencies.

in PPV1 source you could do a 'make dep' to install the dependencies. that was removed in PPV2 so you'll have to work those out to get a clean compile.

I would get it to compile cleanly with the original source first before making any changes to the source

Also FWIW,  Tormach uses WingIDE for python work and the source is built for it for debugging. For 'C' use your choice of IDE's or do by hand.

Last edit: 07 Mar 2022 13:06 by smgvbest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2022 20:11 - 07 Mar 2022 20:14 #236599 by sagreen
Replied by sagreen on topic PathPilot V2 source code
@smgvbest

Over in another thread I recently posted a message about not being able to get compiled executables working that were compiled using 2.8.0-pre1 linuxcnc (the archive file you posted. thank you!) If you could take a look at this message, that would be a huge help. 

forum.linuxcnc.org/pathpilot/34463-compi...use-with-pathpilot-2

Do you have to have all of tormach's source code as well to make the compiled executables work in Path Pilot? I thought you could compile 2.8.0-pre1 and just move the files over.

Thanks,
Scott...
Last edit: 07 Mar 2022 20:14 by sagreen.

More
07 Mar 2022 20:59 #236602 by smgvbest
When I compiled it I did so from a working PP install so all my dependacies where meet then I posted the files asked for.

you can not just overlay LinuxCNC code over the PP code
From what I see (i have not done this as of this time though) you need to merge it with what tormach supplies.

edit the tormach make files to add the stuff you want added in then use the tormach make to get a full working PP build

I never did get a build of Mint+LinuxCNC working in a way that worked with PP
only by starting with their environment did I get it to work

More
10 Mar 2022 00:29 #236801 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic PathPilot V2 source code

BTW: PP2 is based on LinuxCNC 2.8.0-Pre

Really? I thought that PP was based on Machinekit and so was rather diverged from LinuxCNC 2.8

If PP2 is LinuxCNC-based then that should make the 9-axis lookahead much easier to merge in. 
(As the JA changes were a major issue there, as so much changed) 

More
10 Mar 2022 00:52 #236803 by smgvbest
Yep
From the PP2.8.3 Log
About to run scripts/start_linuxcnc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| start_linuxcnc |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
prefix: /home/operator/tmc
exec_prefix: /home/operator/tmc
EMC2_BIN_DIR=/home/operator/tmc/bin
EMC2_RTLIB_DIR=/home/operator/tmc/rtlib
INIFILE: /home/operator/tmc/configs/tormach_lathe/tormach_15L_sim.ini
expanded INIFILE: /home/operator/tmc/configs/tormach_lathe/tormach_15L_sim.ini
EXTRA_ARGS:
RUN_IN_PLACE=yes
LINUXCNC version - 2.8.0~pre1

More
28 Aug 2022 14:28 - 28 Aug 2022 14:38 #250619 by sagreen
I recently received the 2.9.0 PathPilot source. Took a while, but I finally got it.

I've been trying to compile for a couple days and have not gotten a clean compile yet. I have installed the PP source on a system that has a working version of PP 2.9.1 running on it.

Couple of things:
1) Not sure what version of Python2.7 they are using on their compile machines. The distro of mint they used comes with 2.7.6. I made a little headway with 2.7.9, but currently 2.7.18 has made the most progress. 
2) Not sure what version of pip they are using.
3) It appears that the Makefile attempts to resolve at least .py dependancies as it downloads a bunch of packages during the make.
4) I'm currently stuck on a problem with GTK being missing when one of the .py files used in the make process attempts to import gtk

Anyone else gotten a clean compile of a recent source release?

Scott...
Last edit: 28 Aug 2022 14:38 by sagreen.

More
28 Aug 2022 15:24 #250621 by smgvbest
From 2.9.1 Python VENV

operator@tormachpcnc:~/tmc/venv/bin$ ./python -V
Python 2.7.6

operator@tormachpcnc:~/tmc/venv/bin$ ./pip -V
pip 20.3.4 

Some of the GTK related libraries I have installed (includes dev packages)
libgtksourceview2.0-0
libgtk2.0-0
libgtk-3-0
glade-gtk2 3.8.0-0

Couple of things:
1) Not sure what version of Python2.7 they are using on their compile machines. The distro of mint they used comes with 2.7.6. I made a little headway with 2.7.9, but currently 2.7.18 has made the most progress. 
2) Not sure what version of pip they are using.
3) It appears that the Makefile attempts to resolve at least .py dependancies as it downloads a bunch of packages during the make.
4) I'm currently stuck on a problem with GTK being missing when one of the .py files used in the make process attempts to import gtk

More
28 Aug 2022 17:18 #250623 by sagreen
Not entirely sure that they are using 2.7.6 to build with. One of the first things that is missing is "virtualenv" When I try to run the following command from tmc/venv/bin...

sudo ./pip install virtualenv

I get the following errors:
/home/operator/v2.9.1/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:424: SNIMissingWarning: An HTTPS request has been made, but the SNI (Server Name Indication) extension to TLS is not available on this platform. This may cause the server to present an incorrect TLS certificate, which can cause validation failures. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python to solve this. For more information, see urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advance...ge.html#ssl-warnings

WARNING: Certificate did not match expected hostname: pypi.org. Certificate: {'notAfter': 'Aug 27 18:45:09 2023 GMT', 'subjectAltName': (('DNS', 'www.python.org'), ('DNS', '*.python.org'), ('DNS', 'docs.python.org'), ('DNS', 'downloads.python.org'), ('DNS', 'pypi.python.org')), 'subject': ((('commonName', u'www.python.org'),),)}
Could not fetch URL pypi.org/simple/virtualenv/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/virtualenv/ (Caused by SSLError(CertificateError("hostname 'pypi.org' doesn't match either of 'www.python.org', '*.python.org', 'docs.python.org', 'downloads.python.org', 'pypi.python.org'",),)) - skipping

This is what made me upgrade python to 2.7.9 to start with.

More
07 Sep 2022 12:15 #251396 by automata
Replied by automata on topic PathPilot V2 source code
I got the v2.9.0 source code recently.

Tried to compile using the following steps on a debian stretch with preempt-rt kernel (Linux stretchrt64 4.9.0-19-rt-amd64)
installed Python version is: /v2.9.0$ python --version
Python 2.7.13

cd v2.9.0/linuxcnc/src
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-realtime=uspace --enable-non-distributable
make
sudo make setuid

These steps go well. But there is nothing populated in the rtlib directory. No sign of file hal_lib.so needed to start HAL .

Should I post the source somewhere for others to try and help?
I can be careful to post only the GPL portion of the source from the linuxcnc directory that tormach sent.
-automata

More
07 Sep 2022 12:56 #251400 by automata
Replied by automata on topic PathPilot V2 source code
I got the rtlib dir populated by running

make modules
This command compiles all the HAL modules and populates them in the rtlib directory.

Next, I am trying to run any sim configuration. This is turning out to be a little problematic as it errors out with:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/v2.9.0/linuxcnc/bin/axis", line 64, in <module>
    from gremlin_draw import GremlinDraw, GlDrawColors
ImportError: No module named gremlin_draw

I think this is related to the library and python path setting as the files gremlin_draw.py is definitely there in the folder /v2.9.0/linuxcnc/lib/python/gremlin.

Figuring out how to check on python path and library path on a rip-install.
will keep this thread posted about my progress.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds