plasma control panel

More
24 May 2019 11:51 - 24 May 2019 11:51 #134804 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic plasma control panel
Yes and we forget that all of us are just playing with plasma when its considered I've got two suppliers, one has a plasma table about 25 metres log and the other also does a bit of flame cutting and his multi gantry table is 90 metres long! Just think about it, that almost lets him cut out a hull for a battleship!
Last edit: 24 May 2019 11:51 by rodw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2019 00:23 #134863 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic plasma control panel
Smallest 35x25cm, largest an Elumatec SBZ 130/01 at 6450mm or 6,45 meters weighing in at just over 5 tons.
Next in line a 6x2 meter to be built plasma and acetylene machine, and a retrofit of an industrial Hypertherm 12x3 meters 400Amp monster that must have at least a ton of cables ( guesstimate). Talk about versatility!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, thefabricator03

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2019 01:22 #146016 by shizyo
Replied by shizyo on topic plasma control panel
Sorry for some silly questions(I am not electronic guy). What does 0v mean in the torch relay and 220ohm resistor in the thefabricator03's schematics? Does it mean that I should not connect anything to 14 on the relay? What about 0v on the resistor? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2019 03:36 #146025 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic plasma control panel

shizyo wrote: Sorry for some silly questions(I am not electronic guy). What does 0v mean in the torch relay and 220ohm resistor in the thefabricator03's schematics? Does it mean that I should not connect anything to 14 on the relay? What about 0v on the resistor? Thanks.

0v means they are both connected to the 0v rail of the COMMON 24V POWER SUPPLY.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2019 04:09 #146031 by shizyo
Replied by shizyo on topic plasma control panel
Hi, thanks for the reply. By the 0v rail of the COMMON 24V POWER SUPPLY, do you mean -V output on my power supply(attached picture)? Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2019 04:38 #146033 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic plasma control panel

shizyo wrote: Hi, thanks for the reply. By the 0v rail of the COMMON 24V POWER SUPPLY, do you mean -V output on my power supply(attached picture)? Thanks.

Yes, that is correct.
Your -V = 0V on the COMMON 24V POWER SUPPLY
Your +V = 24V on the COMMON 24V POWER SUPPLY
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2019 06:37 #146036 by shizyo
Replied by shizyo on topic plasma control panel
Hi Phill, I appreciate your help. Please bear with me 1 more question. For the 220 ohm resistor, I need to connect 1 leg of the resistor to TB5-6 on 7i76e and also from the end of this leg, I will solder a cable and connect this cable to 0v on the 24v power supply. Is it correct? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2019 06:58 #146039 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic plasma control panel

shizyo wrote: Hi Phill, I appreciate your help. Please bear with me 1 more question. For the 220 ohm resistor, I need to connect 1 leg of the resistor to TB5-6 on 7i76e and also from the end of this leg, I will solder a cable and connect this cable to 0v on the 24v power supply. Is it correct? Thanks.

one leg of the resistor connects to either TB5-6 or to the socket your cable to the plasma unit plugs into.
the other leg could connect to either TB3-24 or TB1-8 as 0v is connected to both of those or -V on your power supply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03, shizyo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2019 07:08 #146041 by shizyo
Replied by shizyo on topic plasma control panel
I got it now. Thanks for your help. Have a good evening!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum