Post Processor for LinuxCNC and PlasmaC

More
02 Jun 2019 22:38 #135663 by JTknives
Oh ok. So you are using G54 you just don't need to call it out because its already been called out when linixcnc launches. I had been using g10p20 to set the g54 to my current position.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2019 01:22 #135896 by thefabricator03
Has anyone else had a problem getting the gcode program to load in the preview window?

I have tried the program Rod posted earlier in this thread, I have also tried a program I created with Sheetcam using Rods post processor,

Do I need to have the HAL and INI files set up first before it will show?

I would of thought I could of got it to load using the sims.

More
05 Jun 2019 02:00 - 05 Jun 2019 02:06 #135897 by phillc54
I can load the one Rod posted if I change M190 P2 to M190 P0. That is because I don't have any materials in the material file.
That was in Gmoccapy.

Edit: Axis works as as well and I tried both in metric and imperial.

Although if that is the problem you should get a message in the gcode text view.

Cheers, Phill.
Last edit: 05 Jun 2019 02:06 by phillc54.

More
05 Jun 2019 02:27 #135898 by islander261
Guys

I have sent Rod my procedures for using Gmoccapy in another thread. They work. Yes, I understand they require homing the machine and setting work piece offsets which is well beyond the "same offsets for everything" cheat promoted by some plasma gurus. The advantage is that your machine knows where it is at all times and you and the program knows the location of the work piece at all times. For those that claim the wait for homing large machines is unacceptable place your home switch in intelligent locations and use the offsets to get your table right.

I have not tested it but am very confident that if you do not have materials defined that are called out in Gcode you will get behavior you don't expect ( it won't work!). Axis is an unknown animal to me.

Sims should work IF you have all mechanics and materials called for in the Gcode defined and connected (.ini and .hal correct). This also means that if you do not have a standard machine the built in sim.hal will not work for you.

The SheetCam PP needed for the Plasmac branch is brain dead simple compared to what was required to make CommandCNC or any CandCNC Mach3 install work.

I am going to go out and build the latest release tonight.

John

More
05 Jun 2019 03:14 - 05 Jun 2019 03:16 #135900 by rodw
Sorry guys, This is the latest one. Phill made a change so it errors if the material is not found in plasmac.

This may not be pretty under the hood but it is working. If you want to spot holes create and use a special tool called centerpunch with a drill operation and you will see the tools change while running

File Attachment:

File Name: SpaceShipP...post.txt
File Size:23 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jun 2019 03:16 by rodw.

More
05 Jun 2019 05:29 #135905 by thefabricator03

I can load the one Rod posted if I change M190 P2 to M190 P0. That is because I don't have any materials in the material file.
That was in Gmoccapy.

Edit: Axis works as as well and I tried both in metric and imperial.

Although if that is the problem you should get a message in the gcode text view.

Cheers, Phill.

Sorry Phil Im a bit slow, Where did you change M190 P2 to M190 P0?

Is it in the post processor?

In the post I see the following line,

post.Text (" M190 P" , tool," (Load Plasmac Plasma Controller Tool #",tool,")\n")

Do I change P" to P0?

More
05 Jun 2019 05:32 #135906 by phillc54
That was in the gcode file that Rod posted here
I'm sorry but I know nothing about post processors...

Cheers, Phill.

More
05 Jun 2019 06:26 #135910 by pl7i92
Thats WHY so many get in trouble using Mashine related Gcode options
and posting mashine related postprocessors
its FINE if there is a Setup README
but only posting plasmac postprocessor for sheetcam with no background info is not that fine behavior for
NEW members even wen you know where to search

ROD & Phil shoudt make a Good tutorial step by step FROM THERE SYSTEM starting frech Harddrive 20USD and make a Sticky tread by andy

that woudt help so many
Even i think about as i got a order for a new table to get the plasmac to go insted AXIS
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
05 Jun 2019 06:52 - 05 Jun 2019 06:59 #135913 by thefabricator03

but only posting plasmac postprocessor for sheetcam with no background info is not that fine behavior for

ROD & Phil shoudt make a Good tutorial step by step FROM THERE SYSTEM starting frech Harddrive 20USD and make a Sticky tread by andy

that woudt help so many
Even i think about as i got a order for a new table to get the plasmac to go insted AXIS

I do agree that a tutorial would be handy, But at the moment with the ongoing development of Plasmac it is not the right time to do that until it is finished.

I deleted that plasmac specific code from the post and now I can import my gcode.

I also agree with Tom who made a comment in another thread about having plasmac trying to do everything, A stripped down basic version would be very handy for newbies or those who dont like over complicated CAM programs. But I am hoping that in time we will have that.
Last edit: 05 Jun 2019 06:59 by thefabricator03.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
05 Jun 2019 07:00 #135914 by rodw

Sorry Phil Im a bit slow, Where did you change M190 P2 to M190 P0?

Is it in the post processor?

In the post I see the following line,

post.Text (" M190 P" , tool," (Load Plasmac Plasma Controller Tool #",tool,")\n")

Do I change P" to P0?

If you use the python script Phil has included with plasmac, it will import your Sheetcam toolset into plasmac so the toll numbers marry up. eg. the tool number sin Sheetcam will agree with plasmac. That worked perfectly for me.

Thats all very well to say from the sidelines but right now plasmac is experimental. So use it at your own risk and follow the development thread closely as stuff changes all the time. When Plasmac is pushed to to the mainstream Linuxcnc distribution, it will have all that. The how to document on the forum here I wrote is already obsolete.

On the subject of post processors, I have a promise from Les Newell the developer of Sheetcam to build a post processor for Plasmac but I am not going to waste his time until plasmac is stable. Once that happens, it will be distributed with Sheetcam so there will be no need for us to write any docs for sheetcam.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds