Error after Update

More
30 Apr 2020 03:25 #166183 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Error after Update

The conversational is still cutting at 60% of the previous job's hole speed. I know someone else said that too. But I cut a 4 hole pattern of holes that were .4" diameter. Then I went to cut a 47" circle, after clearing everything, and it's still 60% of velocity (as can be seen in teh screen shot).

I thought I fixed that velocity issue last week, I have just checked the code and it seems OK.
Were the 4 x 0.4" holes done in this session or were they saved from before?

Despite choosing center and giving a start of X0 Y0, my circle is definitely shifted Positively about 2 inches in Y. The circle is not being cut around the center. Added Gcode here too.

X0 Y0 is relative to the current User Coordinate System, your UCS is showing as G54 and it has a Y offset 1.7158" greater than the X offset. So it looks to me like it is doing what it should.

Also, before updating I was getting a weird "can't do that (EMC_TRAJ_SET_TELEOP_ENABLE) in auto mode with the interpreter paused" multiple times when running a 48.5 inch cut i made from the straight line conversational...

That normally means that you are trying to do something while a program is paused.
Does it still happen?
Can you describe exactly the sequence of events that made it happen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2020 10:53 #166201 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Error after Update

I thought I fixed that velocity issue last week, I have just checked the code and it seems OK.
Were the 4 x 0.4" holes done in this session or were they saved from before?

Yes, same session. Exact steps for reproduction:
0. touch off X and Y to zero at the center of the plate (marked with a marker)
1. use conversational to do a 4 - .4 diameter hole pattern on a 8.49" diameter circle, with no angle modifications, starting at X0 Y0, click preview to get the code output.
2. test run without the torch enabled (running at 54ipm velocity which is 60% of the 90ipm in my settings)
3. use conversational to do 47" diameter circle at X0 Y0. Click preview to get the code output. Click the paintbrush to clear previous tool paths.
4. test run without the torch enabled (runs at 54ipm, should run at 90ipm).

X0 Y0 is relative to the current User Coordinate System, your UCS is showing as G54 and it has a Y offset 1.7158" greater than the X offset. So it looks to me like it is doing what it should.

The curious thing is that I used the same steps from above. The 4 hole pattern is centered about X0 Y0. The 47" diameter circle is not. I did not change any offsets nor retouch X0 Y0. And I used the same X0 Y0 start coordinates. You can see from the bounding box that the circle is not centered inside the bounding box for whatever reason.

That normally means that you are trying to do something while a program is paused.
Does it still happen?
Can you describe exactly the sequence of events that made it happen.

I'll have to see if it comes back. The exact sequence was to make the gcode for a straight line using conversational. Test run, then run for real. I am honestly not sure if the errors came while running the job or not, but now that you say it, the job did pause at the end because my cut length must have been slightly further than the arc ok signal and flamed out. I may have tried to move the X axis while it was paused because it was blowing water out of my table. I did have to press stop first, then move the axis, perhaps the errors came at the end. I truly cant remember, so I'll keep an eye out if it happens again, and try to be more prudent in remembering where and when it happened.

More
30 Apr 2020 11:04 #166202 by phillc54

use conversational to do a 4 - .4 diameter hole pattern on a 8.49" diameter circle,

Ahh, that may explain the velocity problem, I fixed it in circles but it probably still exists in hole circles. :(

I will check it out tomorrow, and run through the procedure you did as well.

A quick check on Github does show the velocity issue exists in bolt circles, I will fix it tomorrow.

More
30 Apr 2020 11:18 #166204 by snowgoer540

use conversational to do a 4 - .4 diameter hole pattern on a 8.49" diameter circle,

Ahh, that may explain the velocity problem, I fixed it in circles but it probably still exists in hole circles. :(

I will check it out tomorrow, and run through the procedure you did as well.

A quick check on Github does show the velocity issue exists in bolt circles, I will fix it tomorrow.

Sounds good, thank you sir!

Any thoughts on why the bolt circles would be centered but the main circle is not? If I’m doing something wrong I want to correct course, but I think I’m being consistent...

More
30 Apr 2020 11:24 #166206 by phillc54
At this stage no, I will run through the procedure tomorrow.
Is your machine X0 Y0 at the bottom left in the preview screen.

More
30 Apr 2020 11:52 #166208 by snowgoer540

At this stage no, I will run through the procedure tomorrow.
Is your machine X0 Y0 at the bottom left in the preview screen.

Do you mean for machine home? yes

for the job x0 y0 was the center of the plate
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
01 May 2020 05:38 #166277 by phillc54
I have fixed the velocity issue with bolt hole circles plus I have enabled overcut on small holes for it as well.

The changes have been pushed but if you use Buildbot it may be a while before it builds the packages, it seems to be having a sleep.

I can't see the other issue you had, I made a setup to suit yours and and the attachment shows the output. It is exactly as expected. Is it possible that between tests either the material moved or you change a G54 offset?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
01 May 2020 11:04 #166302 by snowgoer540

I have fixed the velocity issue with bolt hole circles plus I have enabled overcut on small holes for it as well.

Good deal, I'm excited to use/test it!

The changes have been pushed but if you use Buildbot it may be a while before it builds the packages, it seems to be having a sleep.

I never got around to going off of RIP, so I guess that might be one reason to not do that.

I can't see the other issue you had, I made a setup to suit yours and and the attachment shows the output. It is exactly as expected. Is it possible that between tests either the material moved or you change a G54 offset?

Well, I hate to say that it's not possible and end up with egg on my face. However I can say with certainty that the piece did not move as it weighs 163lbs (74kg). The thing is that I 4x checked the center by sending the torch "G0 X0 Y0", because I was miffed as to why the circle was not about the center. I have a thought or two to see if I can actually get it about the center.

I see in your screen shot that the bolt holes are centered about the circle, and they both have the same origin. The thing that is weird is that the bounding box around them is not centered, and is shifted about the same amount I was seeing the circle shifted to Y+ on the work piece. At any rate, we'll get to the bottom of this B)

Thanks again for the quick update!

More
01 May 2020 11:08 #166303 by phillc54
It is shifted because of the G54 offsets.
What are your table limits?

More
01 May 2020 11:11 #166304 by snowgoer540
52” x 52”

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds