THC Velocity lock and void lock

More
08 Sep 2020 17:03 #181301 by mariusl
Can someone please elaborate for me on the THC Velocity lock and the Void lock. How do they think and how do I control their behavior?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2020 20:23 #181316 by tommylight
THC Velocity lock = lock the THC if the feed rate during cutting goes below a set point, normally happens on corners when the velocity has to be lowered to keep with the acceleration constraints. Can be set in the GUI as a percentage of the feed rate.
Void lock = lock the THC if the voltage goes up very quickly during cutting inside a preset time period, normally happens when crossing a previously cut line on the material. This is done to prevent the torch going to low and hitting the material.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mariusl

More
08 Sep 2020 20:58 #181320 by mariusl
Thanks Tommy, I think I have it. My problem must be with Void lock as I dont recall setting any parameters for that but the option is on.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
08 Sep 2020 21:16 #181323 by rodw
I think the void lock is still a work in progress. Its a method to disable the THC when a massive and rapid spike in voltage occurs when the torch crosses a void.

I've got close but have not revisited it for a long time. Generally, good part design and nesting avoids the issue so it sounds good in theory but is protecting against a condition that rarely occurs in practice.

More
08 Sep 2020 23:21 #181334 by phillc54

Thanks Tommy, I think I have it. My problem must be with Void lock as I dont recall setting any parameters for that but the option is on.

Void lock was working for me at default values last time I tested it. If you want to disable it then uncheck the checkbox and save the parameters.

More
09 Sep 2020 06:36 #181373 by mariusl

I think the void lock is still a work in progress. Its a method to disable the THC when a massive and rapid spike in voltage occurs when the torch crosses a void.

I've got close but have not revisited it for a long time. Generally, good part design and nesting avoids the issue so it sounds good in theory but is protecting against a condition that rarely occurs in practice.

I agree, one should take care in nesting the parts. I don't think the system should correct bad job creation. Although it could come in handy if a straight cut is made to clean up remainder material.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
09 Sep 2020 07:16 #181384 by rodw

I agree, one should take care in nesting the parts. I don't think the system should correct bad job creation. Although it could come in handy if a straight cut is made to clean up remainder material.

Yes sheet severing and cutting a hole in heavy plate when the slug drops away are the two use cases I want it for.

More
09 Sep 2020 10:53 #181410 by mariusl

Yes sheet severing and cutting a hole in heavy plate when the slug drops away are the two use cases I want it for.

Especially if you are using lead ins and outs. The slug drops before the lead out cut is complete and causes the ARC_OK signal to be dropped.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
17 Sep 2020 12:08 #182533 by mariusl
Just been talking to a customer and realized that there is a very important use for Void Lock. It is used when one does chain cutting on a job and it is not always possible to route the cut path to miss a previous kerf.
Please keep this feature!!

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
17 Sep 2020 12:11 #182534 by tommylight

Just been talking to a customer and realized that there is a very important use for Void Lock. It is used when one does chain cutting on a job and it is not always possible to route the cut path to miss a previous kerf.
Please keep this feature!!

I am pretty sure it is staying there, just did not have the chance to give it a thorough test and report back to Phill .

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds