THC Velocity lock and void lock

More
16 Jul 2021 01:06 - 02 Nov 2021 08:21 #214970 by phillc54
The test branch has been deleted.

I pushed a test branch with a similar flow to the flowchart in the expired patent posted above.
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/phillc54/void-cross

There are a couple of input pins for adjustments that can be made:
plasmac.kerfcross_period - is the number of servo cycles to sample the voltage, the default is 2
plasmac.kerfcross_slope - is the voltage slope of the threshold, 500 (Volts per second) is the default

Void override % in the Parameter tab changes the level of the threshold as a percentage of the calculated threshold.

There are a few temporary ouput pins for monitoring:
plasmac.kerfcross_change - the voltage change each kerfcross period
plasmac.kerfcross_count - current count of kerfcross cycles for this kerfcross period
plasmac.kerfcross_threshold - calculated threshold voltage
Last edit: 02 Nov 2021 08:21 by phillc54. Reason: deleted test branch
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2021 05:50 #217734 by phillc54
It seems there is a lack of interest in this, are folk not using void lock or does the currently included version work well enough?

More
14 Aug 2021 07:54 #217735 by tommylight
I never use it, but i did test it a while back when QTPlasmaC was not in use yet, it had some issues, mainly it did activate when it should but it would remain active all the time after passing through a void. Tried different values that did change the outcome a bit but could not make it deactivate reliably.
Personally, it is a nice feature to have but of little use, well i never had a need for it. Still i would leave it as is, and i might be able to give it a go again next week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
14 Aug 2021 08:02 #217736 by rodw
I don't think any of us really have the time to devote to testing this in our workshops. I really would lie to see a reliable void crossing for hole cutting when the slug drops away. But thats only needed for thick material eg 16mm thick and up

More
16 Aug 2021 14:47 - 16 Aug 2021 14:51 #217889 by grijalvap
unfortunately, I'm out of my city on a work travel, I will continue as soon I return.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2021 14:51 by grijalvap.

More
02 Nov 2021 08:19 #224962 by phillc54
The test branch has been deleted, it was not 100% correct.

We are currently working on void locking and when done it will be tested as working for Hyperterm 30XP and Hypertherm65. If it works on other power sources then that is a bonus. There will be adjustable parameters that should make it reasonably flexible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EW_CNC

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds