Camera For Touchoff

More
20 Sep 2020 02:11 #182804 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Camera For Touchoff
I continually forget there’s anything else :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2020 06:23 - 20 Sep 2020 06:36 #182822 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Camera For Touchoff
A little enhancement:

Plus if you use Axis it sets Gregs new refresh HAL pin to refresh the Preview display.

I have attached the file here and also to the first post in this thread, the cam_align_origin.ngc file is no longer required so an edit to the ini file is needed, the [MDI_COMMAND_LIST] section should be changed to:
# for the camera tab
[MDI_COMMAND_LIST]
# X and Y are the offset values from the crosshairs to the torch
MDI_COMMAND = G10 L20 P0 X0 Y0
# origin move
MDI_COMMAND = G0 X0 X0
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Sep 2020 06:36 by phillc54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, partec, Mud

More
20 Sep 2020 06:38 #182825 by partec
Replied by partec on topic Camera For Touchoff
thank you i really appreciate it
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
20 Sep 2020 08:55 #182843 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Camera For Touchoff
Actually, auto edge detection with the USB camera does not look too hard. You can look for edges in a video stream in 15 lines of code:
medium.com/@akash555bhiwgade/edge-detect...d-webcam-8f980c79a86

So if you started in the middle of the sheet somewhere, you'd move along the X axis towards 0 until you find an edge. Then centre the camera crosshairs on that edge (you may need to set the mm per pixel to coordinate motion. Save that position. I think the system would allow you to read coordinates along the edge so you could calculate the angle to follow to the home position.

Then move along the Y axis in the direction determined until you find a corner (another 15 lines of code) and you are there. Save position and rotate axes.

Only problem is I don't have a USB camera but I think a proof of concept could be achieved with a couple of photos of the sheet. I might try that.

More
20 Sep 2020 09:15 #182845 by phillc54
I think it would be quicker to do it the way it is.

More
20 Sep 2020 09:24 #182847 by Mud
Replied by Mud on topic Camera For Touchoff
I think the scope creep on Rod's idea is you end up detecting all edges on used material, so you can thread the needle on nesting tightly ad hoc...shall I go put in a feature request? ;)

More
20 Sep 2020 10:08 #182859 by rodw

I don't like to make assumptions without data. We don't know yet.

I think the scope creep on Rod's idea is you end up detecting all edges on used material, so you can thread the needle on nesting tightly ad hoc...shall I go put in a feature request? ;)

The only reason Rod's idea came about is somebody asked me how it could be implemented. We were thinking of sensors of some kind. I was told high end machines offer that feature. I had no idea how it could be done. I also had no idea about opencv either. But when it was discussed here and ended up in linuxcnc, I had a look at what opencv was and what it could do, I thought it might be the enabler to support a feature put on a wish list over 6 months ago.

I did not envisage that the intended use was to recut remnants. I try and cut them off at the end of a run with a sheet sever. But its probably not that much of an issue if the start point was between the left edge and the first void. Its really for those guys cutting 16-25mm sheets that are too heavy to align by moving the sheet. Typically, they don't like to remove the sheet until it is just a skeleton.

More
20 Sep 2020 10:14 #182861 by phillc54

I don't like to make assumptions without data. We don't know yet.

I don't mind betting a beer on. But not that XXXX stuff from up your neck of the woods. ;)

More
20 Sep 2020 10:19 #182862 by Mud
Replied by Mud on topic Camera For Touchoff
Yeah, I'm putting words in your mouth Rod - was just pointing out if a wandering edge detector was implemented, mapping the whole sheet would not appear to be much extra work, and a big feature.

Where can I find the wish list?

More
20 Sep 2020 11:04 #182875 by rodw

Yeah, I'm putting words in your mouth Rod - was just pointing out if a wandering edge detector was implemented, mapping the whole sheet would not appear to be much extra work, and a big feature.

Where can I find the wish list?

I get it now. So scan the whole sheet,stitch them together and put an overlay on the screen preview where the voids are! That would be cool.

Phill, I have no idea on the speed as I've not played but I am so glad our borders are locked down to prevent Victorians and their beer from polluting our XXXX Sunshine state. Mater of fact, I scored a free carton of that XXXX stuff yesterday!

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds