Camera For Touchoff

More
20 Sep 2020 11:07 #182877 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Camera For Touchoff

Phill, I have no idea on the speed as I've not played but I am so glad our borders are locked down to prevent Victorians and their beer from polluting our XXXX Sunshine state. Mater of fact, I scored a free carton of that XXXX stuff yesterday!

Haha, that's about what is worth. :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2020 11:39 #182883 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Camera For Touchoff

Phill, I have no idea on the speed as I've not played but I am so glad our borders are locked down to prevent Victorians and their beer from polluting our XXXX Sunshine state. Mater of fact, I scored a free carton of that XXXX stuff yesterday!

Just when i start thinking i am pretty good at English, you two come out and say something i can't understand ! In English ! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: pinder

More
20 Sep 2020 12:01 #182890 by phillc54

Just when i start thinking i am pretty good at English, you two come out and say something i can't understand ! In English ! :)

XXXX is a Queensland beer. It was named XXXX because they can't spell beer. :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, thefabricator03

More
21 Sep 2020 00:18 #182996 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Camera For Touchoff

XXXX is a Queensland beer. It was named XXXX because they can't spell beer. :laugh:

See people who live in the state of Victoria have no idea of the true origin of how the name of our famous XXXX beer came about.

It was actually named by an illiterate shearer working 4 x 2 hour shifts (runs we call them) of back breaking work shearing sheep every day... so at the end of every run, he would mark an X on the timber post beside his shearing stand where he worked. At the end of the day, there would be four X's and he knew it was time for a beer.... To the best of my knowledge that is true!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
21 Sep 2020 00:53 #183006 by phillc54

See people who live in the state of Victoria have no idea of the true origin of how the name of our famous XXXX beer came about.

I totally agree, they probably don't and they were also responsible for that Fosters abomination. :laugh:

More
21 Sep 2020 01:17 #183010 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Camera For Touchoff

I totally agree, they probably don't and they were also responsible for that Fosters abomination. :laugh:

Aww man so you’re saying Fosters isn’t “Australian for beer”... like Outback Steakhouse would lead us here in the states to believe?? :laugh:

More
21 Sep 2020 01:22 #183011 by phillc54

Aww man so you’re saying Fosters isn’t “Australian for beer”... like Outback Steakhouse would lead us here in the states to believe?? :laugh:

I think it is all exported or made overseas under licence because no-one here drinks it...

More
21 Sep 2020 01:25 #183012 by rodw

It might be for Victorians but not for a Queenslander!

Its interesting that Fosters and Victoria Bitter (VB) and most other commercial beers down south are lagers and our XXXX (pronounced FourEx) is an ale. The fermentation method is quite different and ales are better suited to the hotter climate we enjoy, well to a Queenslander's palate anyway. I spent a month in Victoria once before beer was freely traded across state borders and their lagers are truly awful....

More
21 Sep 2020 01:53 #183016 by phillc54
I don't think Victorians even drink Fosters do they?

More
21 Sep 2020 02:20 #183024 by rodw

I don't think Victorians even drink Fosters do they?

You make me laugh. I'm giving up beer and drinking whiskey from here on!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.521 seconds