Help with QTplasmaC

More
20 Apr 2021 20:35 #206568 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Help with QTplasmaC

Ok back on topic

I now have a working config in that I can home all axis (not tried a test cut yet)

Q.1 Is it possible to use the keyboard for jogging ?

Yep, just head over to the Parameters tab, click KB Shortcuts in the GUI SETTINGS panel.

Here are the available keyboard shortcuts: KB Shortcuts

Q.2 in PlasmaC I used this coder for laser :
BUTTON_1_CODE = G10 L20 P1 X0 Y0 \ G54 G1 X -47.5 Y 21.296 F2000 \ G10 L20 P1 X0 Y0
I like the way this worked before. What do I put where to achieve the same result ?

Should be able to use the code you have posted above if it worked before. It would go in the same place as PlasmaC, just put it into the <machine_name>.ini file.

Q.3 Is it possible to reset the GUI colour display back to defaults ?

Sure. Just close QtPlasmac, then go to your <machine_name> config folder. Open up "qtplasmac.prefs" and delete this section marked "[COLOR_OPTIONS]". Save, and reopen qtplasmac. Bob's your uncle.

Q.4 I am not sure where to put the THC encoder OV and 10V frequency's the docs says pncconf but I have altered my files so can't use that now.

The frequencies are used in conjunction with the jumper setting on the THCAD and the divider ratio of the power source to calculate "Voltage Scale" and "Voltage Offset". These are located on the Parameters tab, under the ARC panel of the CONFIGURATION panel.

This calculator is handy in helping ascertain the values necessary: THCAD Calculator

Did you place these in your hal file (you need to change 7i96 for whatever card you have if it's not that):
setp  hm2_7i96.0.encoder.00.scale -1
setp  hm2_7i96.0.encoder.00.filter 1
setp  hm2_7i96.0.encoder.00.counter-mode 1

The PlasmaC manual explains how to add this a bit better if you didnt use pncconf: linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/plas...uide.html#mesa-thcad

Q.5 I think I read some ware that the DRO could be at the top of the GUI ?

You did. Just add this:
DRO_POSITION        = top

to the [QTPLASMAC] section of the <machine_name>.ini file.

Thanks for all the help.

Happy to help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2021 21:45 #206576 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Help with QTplasmaC
Thanks for a good explanation
re:

BUTTON_1_CODE = G10 L20 P1 X0 Y0 \ G54 G1 X -47.5 Y 21.296 F2000 \ G10 L20 P1 X0 Y0
I like the way this worked before. What do I put where to achieve the same result ?

Should be able to use the code you have posted above if it worked before. It would go in the same place as PlasmaC, just put it into the <machine_name>.ini file.

I have tried it with X -47.5 Y 21.296 in the button code but failed with G10 L20 P1 X0 Y0 \ G54 G1 X -47.5 Y 21.296 F2000 \ G10 L20 P1 X0 Y0
Of course QT may work in a different way :)

Re:

Q.4 I am not sure where to put the THC encoder OV and 10V frequency's the docs says pncconf but I have altered my files so can't use that now.

The frequencies are used in conjunction with the jumper setting on the THCAD and the divider ratio of the power source to calculate "Voltage Scale" and "Voltage Offset". These are located on the Parameters tab, under the ARC panel of the CONFIGURATION panel.

This calculator is handy in helping ascertain the values necessary: THCAD Calculator

Did you place these in your hal file (you need to change 7i96 for whatever card you have if it's not that):
setp hm2_7i96.0.encoder.00.scale -1
setp hm2_7i96.0.encoder.00.filter 1
setp hm2_7i96.0.encoder.00.counter-mode 1

Yes I have the above encoder code in. I have the frequency's but had forgot about the calcs for the offsets :huh:

If I remember Phil told me how to generate a new pncconf but I will have to look it up if I can find it.

I will clone the drive when mine is proved to be good and take it on a 300 mile round trip for the other plasma and just change the ini and hal files to save time.

More
20 Apr 2021 23:44 - 21 Apr 2021 04:29 #206589 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Help with QTplasmaC

I have tried it with X -47.5 Y 21.296 in the button code but failed with G10 L20 P1 X0 Y0 \ G54 G1 X -47.5 Y 21.296 F2000 \ G10 L20 P1 X0 Y0
Of course QT may work in a different way

It should work the same, that is all just GCode, Qt doesn't touch Gcode. What is failing?

Why don't you you try the inbuilt laser function:
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtplasmac.html#qt_laser

EDIT: It should work now Clive, just another coding error. :blush:
Last edit: 21 Apr 2021 04:29 by phillc54.

More
21 Apr 2021 14:34 - 21 Apr 2021 15:26 #206653 by Clive S
Ok getting there :)

I have just done a few test cuts with the conversational circle and single line cuts. All went well.

My next question I had the display set to 4x3 yesterday (not on a 4x3 monitor) but now it fills the screen

DISPLAY]
#DISPLAY = qtvcp qtplasmac This is fine DRO top right
DISPLAY = qtvcp qtplasmac_4x3 (use 4:3 resolution) this filled the screen DRO top left
#DISPLAY = qtvcp qtplasmac_9x16

POSITION_OFFSET = RELATIVE Are these 2 lines correct
POSITION_FEEDBACK = ACTUAL

File Attachment:

File Name: QT-new-pla...3.tar.gz
File Size:11 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Apr 2021 15:26 by Clive S.

More
21 Apr 2021 15:06 - 21 Apr 2021 15:06 #206658 by snowgoer540

Are these 2 lines correct

Yep, they appear to be.

As for the display I am not sure it makes a difference, but try omitting the comments and just putting:
DISPLAY = qtvcp qtplasmac_4x3

I cant check currently. If you maximized the window, it should remember that. I am not exactly sure how to clear it out, though. If you resize the window manually it should stay. Alternatively you could try going to a different ratio, then closing, and going back to 4x3.

I'm sorry I am not at home so I can't mess with it and give you a definitive answer :-/
Last edit: 21 Apr 2021 15:06 by snowgoer540.

More
21 Apr 2021 15:30 #206664 by Clive S

Are these 2 lines correct

Yep, they appear to be.

As for the display I am not sure it makes a difference, but try omitting the comments and just putting:

I cant check currently. If you maximized the window, it should remember that. I am not exactly sure how to clear it out, though. If you resize the window manually it should stay. Alternatively you could try going to a different ratio, then closing, and going back to 4x3.

I'm sorry I am not at home so I can't mess with it and give you a definitive answer :-/

I have tried it with the 2 commented lines deleted.

Re maximized the window I had not thought about that and might have done it, if that is so how do you minimise it again ?

More
21 Apr 2021 16:31 #206674 by snowgoer540

Sorry, I meant with the comments after "4x3"

So instead of:
DISPLAY = qtvcp qtplasmac_4x3 (use 4:3 resolution) this filled the screen DRO top left
Just:

Re maximized the window I had not thought about that and might have done it, if that is so how do you minimise it again ?

Honestly, I always have it filling up the screen, but one way is to click the middle button so it's no longer maximized and then just drag it to the size you want it to be. It should reshape itself.

More
21 Apr 2021 16:50 #206676 by Clive S

Sorry, I meant with the comments after "4x3"

So instead of:
Just:

Honestly, I always have it filling up the screen, but one way is to click the middle button so it's no longer maximized and then just drag it to the size you want it to be. It should reshape itself.

Yes. I did try without all comments.
The reason that I wanted 4x3 on the bigger monitor is I could have some real estate as I am looking at the various hal,ini etc.

You know what it is like when editing files and saving them and then restarting the GUI

I have given up for today. will try again in the morning. Thanks for the feedback.

More
21 Apr 2021 17:08 #206679 by snowgoer540

Yes. I did try without all comments.
The reason that I wanted 4x3 on the bigger monitor is I could have some real estate as I am looking at the various hal,ini etc.

You know what it is like when editing files and saving them and then restarting the GUI

Ah yes, I know that all too well sometimes. I find it really challenging when I am trying to look at the GUI and HALSCOPE at the same time. One really needs a second monitor in that scenario. Hmm. Maybe I have an extra now that I think of it...

I have given up for today. will try again in the morning. Thanks for the feedback.

Bugger, sorry I couldn't be more help from the office.

More
21 Apr 2021 17:53 #206690 by Clive S

Bugger, sorry I couldn't be more help from the office.

You have more than helped. I am re reading the entire QTPlasmaC manual from cover to cover to see what is different from the PlasmaC one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds