7i96 Configuration Problems

More
09 Dec 2021 01:47 #228676 by phillc54
That would depend on whether the components are designed to handle 36V or not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2021 02:14 #228677 by salem747
Ok, so ok one side of them needs power, the other side needs to be a gpio input AND I need 24v to the common on the board?

I had to create a new build twice but it worked the second time. The connections file looks like your example now. Thanks!

One more question, my y axis is a tandem and I set it up as such in the build but I see 4 joints in axis and in plasmac. So the tandem is not cloned to the primary. What am I doing wrong there?

More
09 Dec 2021 02:22 #228678 by phillc54
If you have KINEMATICS = trivkins coordinates=xyyz kinstype=both in the [kins] section of the ini file it will show four joints until homed, then it will show the three axes. If you don't want to see four then remove kinstype=both so it reads KINEMATICS = ​​​​​​​trivkins coordinates=xyyz.

Note that xyyz may not be the correct order that you have, don't change that in the ini file.

More
09 Dec 2021 02:32 #228679 by salem747
Right, it's because I haven't homed it.

I scanned through the documentation on homing but how do you actually DO it? I understand what it's saying but where is the punchline!?!

More
09 Dec 2021 02:41 #228680 by phillc54
If you have a Home All button below the axes selectors then click that.

If there is no HomeAll button you then select a joint and click Home and repeat for all joints.

If you have a gantry machine then you need to ensure the HOME_SEQUENCE in the ini file for both tandem joints is identical and it must be a negative number.

More
09 Dec 2021 04:45 #228685 by salem747
I removed the "both" from the kinematics and now there is no option to home the "y". Do I have to home it once as separate joints and then change the kinematics setting?

More
09 Dec 2021 11:16 #228695 by tommylight
If you are reffering to torch on and float switch and/or arcoc as "2 wires connections" and asking about 24V, stop, you will burn something.
Torch on requires "dry contact" closing to turn the torch on, meaning none of the wires can have any voltage from the Mesa/electronics side going to plasma source.
Have a look at some wiring diagrams, plenty of them here on the forum.
On the phone so not much help, sorry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: salem747

More
06 Feb 2022 16:33 - 06 Feb 2022 16:33 #234123 by salem747
Sorry, finally getting back to this. I am out of "inputs" on my Mesa, with all the limit switches and thc stuff I have used all 11.

I assumed that the "output" connectors on tb3 would be where I would do outputs to the plasma unit.

What do I do now? Can I use the output connectors as a dry contact somehow?
Last edit: 06 Feb 2022 16:33 by salem747.

More
06 Feb 2022 17:15 #234125 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic 7i96 Configuration Problems
Yes, the SSR outputs on a 7I96 are dry contact type outputs

You do need to make sure that:

1. The signal switched is DC
2. You wire the outputs with the correct polarity
3. The voltage and current switched is within 7I96 output ratings
The following user(s) said Thank You: salem747

More
06 Feb 2022 18:38 #234145 by salem747
The annoying thing is I have an A80 and it doesn't show in the manual what kind of circuit it is.

I've looked online too and can't find anymore info on the unit. I have the automation module but the manual just tells you what pins to connect to "owner supplied" , no details at all.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 1.829 seconds