THC cannot keep up

More
29 Apr 2022 00:20 #241594 by Jalapeno56
Replied by Jalapeno56 on topic THC cannot keep up
Maybe I need to ask Rodw for some hints! Sometimes I'm a slow learner, but I always try!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2022 10:04 #241622 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic THC cannot keep up
If the new user has got as far as installing Debian 11 and compiling from source, that is a good thing long term! Don't change!
Halscope has the controls you need to scale by way of sliders to the right and above. Just see of you can work it out and leave it running for a while while you are cutting.

I think there are too many prophets here now so choose one and follow his suggestions. But just do one thing at a time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jalapeno56

More
29 Apr 2022 19:36 - 29 Apr 2022 19:39 #241654 by Jalapeno56

I could be a bit off base here but....
"man plasmac" in terminal window yields what you see in attachment 1 and 2.  A version listed as 1.223 and at the bottom is a date of 4/28/22.  So I "think" its up to date, I just can't seem to find the post where someone was explaining why it doesn't show on my title bar.  Also update 1.223.184 show hal pins put in alphabetical order per the update list from Phillc54, and mine are in alphabetical order.   I think I'm going to take Rods advice and ride with my current software setup for now and try to focus on getting a THC that works.
And Tommy, I would love to get some more info on post processing gcode from inkscape.  I am also a newbie with gcode and will take all the help I can get!

Thanks guys!
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Apr 2022 19:39 by Jalapeno56. Reason: clarification of wording

More
29 Apr 2022 20:27 - 29 Apr 2022 20:28 #241657 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic THC cannot keep up
I'm a bit concerned that you are not actually launching the right version... The symlink in your config folder points to a package install, so there may be one lingering.

It IS possible to have both a package install and a source built install on the same machine. You can launch one expecting the other if you are not careful. That would be one reason your header wouldnt match the man page you are seeing.

So I am curious, how are you starting linuxcnc? Are you double clicking an icon? Or are starting from the terminal?

If an icon, can you right click on it, click properties, then click the Launcher tab and copy and paste the command here? If it's from terminal, can you copy and paste the command you are using here?
Last edit: 29 Apr 2022 20:28 by snowgoer540.

More
29 Apr 2022 20:34 #241658 by snowgoer540
After you post the command you're using to start linuxcnc here we may be able to get you sorted.

In the meantime, you'll still need to fix the symlink to point it to a Run In Place (built from source) install.  

To do so, in a terminal window enter the following:
cd ~/linuxcnc/configs/Ktulu1
rm qtplasmac
ln -s ~/linuxcnc-dev/configs/by_machine/qtplasmac/qtplasmac/

More
29 Apr 2022 20:37 #241659 by Jalapeno56
I am using an icon to launch. It does not show properties, only "show details" as in attachment 1. Show details gives me a file explorer screen with a line at the top that says "Sorry! There are no details for that application" -Attachment 2
Attachments:

More
29 Apr 2022 20:42 #241660 by Jalapeno56
Ran those 3 commands in terminal window, nothing visible happened. Start Lcnc and still show old version of QT on header

More
29 Apr 2022 20:42 #241661 by snowgoer540
I'm not on Debian 11, so I cant be of help to help you find the path it's pointed to.

But you could try this:

Open terminal and enter this:
~/linuxcnc-dev/scripts/linuxcnc

If that works, you can pick your configuration from the "My Configurations" dropdown. Then see what your version says in the header.

More
29 Apr 2022 20:49 #241662 by Jalapeno56
Probably not what you were hoping for....see attachment
It started Lcnc and just gave "LINUXCNC - 2.9.0~pre0" as an output on the terminal window
Attachments:

More
29 Apr 2022 20:49 - 29 Apr 2022 20:50 #241663 by snowgoer540
you need to select your configuration and click ok to launch qtplasmac (with your config)
Last edit: 29 Apr 2022 20:50 by snowgoer540.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds