QTPlasmaC with fourth axis - rotary

More
03 Jul 2023 16:28 #274698 by mariusl
That is extremely sad news. I would never have thought that there is any place where Mach3 could out perform LinuxCNC. And the worst is I just built the base of my machine to take the fourth axis.
I really hope that someone clever will be looking at this issue in the very near future.

What was the cost of integrating the the trajectory planner that was suggested to be integrated but needed some cash to get it done? Can we not get the community to assist with this?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2023 07:15 #274726 by Aciera

What was the cost of integrating the the trajectory planner that was suggested to be integrated but needed some cash to get it done? Can we not get the community to assist with this?

IIRC it was offered for free so it's not really a question of cash, it's a question of finding the right person with enough know how, time and motivation to do the work required to get it into the current LinuxCNC source.
I was only hinting that, IF cash helped, then I would happily donate some. :)

More
04 Jul 2023 08:21 #274728 by mariusl
I am going to ask the question about putting cash towards the problem as it influences a lot of users at the moment.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
04 Jul 2023 17:19 #274758 by grijalvap
linucnc is great but for sure we need to solve these problems in the near future, I think a lot of people including me are willing to donate.

More
04 Jul 2023 17:32 #274760 by mariusl
I have started a discussion on the email lists. Lets see what comes of it.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
06 Jul 2023 12:56 #274888 by LesNewell
While the slow down is not ideal, in practice it may not be as big an issue as you think. I have quite a few customers running CommandCNC (mostly stock LinuxCNC with a custom front end) with rotary and haven't heard many complaints.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aciera

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.531 seconds