QTPlasmaC with fourth axis - rotary

More
15 Jun 2023 14:59 #273616 by mariusl
I thought that Phill indicated that with the tube cutting spindle he will not activate any of those functions. That will mean that normal Gcode probing can be done. Or am I missing something?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2023 15:08 #273618 by LesNewell
If I can use PlasmaC's built in touch-off it can use the touch-off switch offset already configured in PlasmaC. I can do the probing directly in the post but then the switch offset needs to be entered into the post as well. It's not a big deal but it is simpler fro the user to only have one switch offset configured.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
16 Jun 2023 00:09 #273662 by phillc54

Is there any way to just call PlasmaC's touch-off routine without firing the torch?

Not without a lot of work. Not sure if it would help anyway as it is done using external offsets so it has no real relationship with the Z axis position.
I did try to set a Z zero touch off at the probed material surface but it doesn't play well with the offsets at all.

If I can use PlasmaC's built in touch-off it can use the touch-off switch offset already configured in PlasmaC. I can do the probing directly in the post but then the switch offset needs to be entered into the post as well. It's not a big deal but it is simpler fro the user to only have one switch offset configured.

Would it be possible to read the hal pin value for the switch offset, then the linuxcnc probe input could be tied to the plasmac probe input.

More
19 Jun 2023 11:12 - 19 Jun 2023 11:13 #273838 by LesNewell
Does this look reasonable? It currently uses a switch offset that is hard coded in the post.

Would it be possible to read the hal pin value for the switch offset, then the linuxcnc probe input could be tied to the plasmac probe input.

That should work if it is possible to read a hal pin fron g-code, for example as a parameter.

Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Jun 2023 11:13 by LesNewell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
19 Jun 2023 11:40 #273843 by phillc54
Thanks, I will have a play with it tomorrow.
The HAL pin can be read with:
#<_hal[plasmac.float-switch-travel]>

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
19 Jun 2023 11:47 #273847 by LesNewell
In that case I should be able to do something like:
G92 Z[50 - #<_hal[plasmac.float-switch-travel]>]

Does that look reasonable? It's a while since I last played around with LinuxCNC gcode.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
19 Jun 2023 12:04 #273849 by phillc54
Yep, that should work.

More
19 Jun 2023 16:17 - 19 Jun 2023 17:12 #273859 by mariusl
For interest sake. Does one have to code the fourth axis in by hand or does the configuration of the gui allow for the fourth axis?

EDIT: I redid the config from scratch

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Last edit: 19 Jun 2023 17:12 by mariusl.

More
20 Jun 2023 03:18 #273893 by phillc54

For interest sake. Does one have to code the fourth axis in by hand or does the configuration of the gui allow for the fourth axis?

TBH I have never tried with PNCconf although I assume that it should work.

More
20 Jun 2023 07:12 - 20 Jun 2023 07:13 #273903 by mariusl
I used PNCconf and it works just fine. We have a machine running with a config done on PNCconf.
I also did a config that I changed to include the A axis using PNCconf and that also seems fine. I have not tried it on a machine yet but everything is there.

The only hand coding I have to do is to duplicate one stepper config in the HAL file to make a slave axis for the X axis right hand motor.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Last edit: 20 Jun 2023 07:13 by mariusl.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds