Another GUI project underway

More
02 Aug 2018 06:33 #115376 by Lcvette
just wanted to post an update on progress to keep the momentum rolling on the project! Hazzy has made some great breakthroughs recently (I will let him tell about those!) and I have been plugging away with the design side of things. Below is a preliminary probe screen layout showing one of the tab groups for outside corners and edges. colors will be tweaked so they stand out a bit better, just compiled this before calling it a night! didn't have enought steam left to start playing with the color wheel..lol

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Clive S, KCJ, chrisrusk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2018 07:05 #115377 by tommylight
Looks nice, for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
02 Aug 2018 07:17 #115378 by Robi63
Replied by Robi63 on topic Another GUI project underway
Very beautiful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
02 Aug 2018 08:31 #115380 by jackdavies
Looks amazing guys! I was trying to install the latest version of Hazzy from github but get an terminated with error when trying to load. Is this version okay to test yet?

Also do you have a rough timeline for this version?

Let me know if you need any help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette, KCJ

More
02 Aug 2018 18:56 #115429 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic Another GUI project underway
Thank you Jack!

Sorry you had trouble running hazzy, I have kinda given up on it, got tired of tracking down endless GTK gremlins ...

This GUI is still in the very early development stages, but we have been working on it day and night (literally, lol), so there should be an alpha version out relatively soon. In a few weeks I would think.

We can use all the help we can get, so if you are up to contributing in some way we can certainly find something for you to work on!

We communicate via the #hazzy IRC channel on freenode, feel free to drop in there if you have any questions, suggestions or just want to follow along: webchat.freenode.net/?channels=hazzy

Cheers,
Kurt

More
03 Aug 2018 06:49 #115487 by Lcvette
just a quick update picture.. making some great strides again with an awesome team of people!! what a blast watching this thing come to life!! can't wait to see the finished result! huge thanks to Hazzy and TurBoss for their awesome work today!!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, KCJ, chrisrusk, Robi63, snoozer77

More
03 Aug 2018 07:04 #115489 by tommylight
Did anyone give a name to this? I do think it deserves one. I do not think i should be the one naming it, thank you very much ! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette, KCJ

More
03 Aug 2018 07:12 #115490 by Lcvette

Did anyone give a name to this? I do think it deserves one. I do not think i should be the one naming it, thank you very much ! :)

Tommy,

it is currently named Probe Basic, somewhat fitting for its lack of flash and bang in the color and pizazz department..lol but a clean industrial no frills look was the vision behind this gui, something that was more function over form. so it won't have the super fancy color pallet some gui's sport, but it will offer a clean streamline appearance that should work and fit functionally if not stylishly with many machines. at least that is the hope at this point! :)

we are open to name suggestion if you guys feel it needs a different one, we can always take a polling to see what shakes out. just try and be kind..lol

:) ok time to crash.. burned it at both ends the last few nights and don't see myself letting up until this thing is DONE!

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: bevins, tommylight

More
03 Aug 2018 08:07 #115491 by tommylight
Thank you and the others for the effort and persistence.
Naming it probe anything would imply it is used only for probing.
Then again, i do not have any idea, for now.

More
03 Aug 2018 08:52 #115494 by racedirector
This looks awesome guys, I currently run Pathpilot but will switch to the right one when it comes along..... which is looking like this one :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds