MonoKrom - QtPyVCP GUI for PlasmaC and Mill

More
05 Apr 2021 18:56 #204936 by Joco
Thanks replying snowgoer540.

My comment related to 2.9 and not plasmac in any form. In hindsight I should have been more specific, i was using a mill qtpyvcp gui I wrote/use. This gui has been used for over 6 months with no issues on 2.8. I happened to have reason to setup up a RIP install of linuxcnc and tried runnings things off HEAD. I performed a set of G0 commands via MDI and then left things running in idle A few minutes later the linuxcnc task seg faults. Perhaps I managed to find a point in time on 2.9pre that had some quirks. All i can say is 2.9pre (with the version of HEAD I had from within the last 24hrs) crashed for me and 2.8 under the same conditions didnt. Maybe I just got lucky, or is that unlucky? Now if there is a 2.9pre tag or commit I should be pulling to use instead of HEAD then very keen to know that.

I had come across mention of the external offsets “bug”. Would be interested to read what that was about, is there a link or search phrase that will pull that up without having to wade through hundreds of results?

Anyway back to my real question, is MonoKrom gui for plasma still being worked on?

Thanks - J.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2021 05:34 #205037 by phillc54

Joco wrote: Perhaps I managed to find a point in time on 2.9pre that had some quirks. All i can say is 2.9pre (with the version of HEAD I had from within the last 24hrs) crashed for me and 2.8 under the same conditions didnt. Maybe I just got lucky, or is that unlucky? Now if there is a 2.9pre tag or commit I should be pulling to use instead of HEAD then very keen to know that.

I always use the latest master branch and the only segfault I ever had was several months ago when loading Qt Designer, but that happened on a 2.8 machine as well.

I had come across mention of the external offsets “bug”. Would be interested to read what that was about, is there a link or search phrase that will pull that up without having to wade through hundreds of results?

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/commit/6a20...90a81be8d4bf3f1c0764
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/commit/9fc4...a5c440c08cfbe043b6ac
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joco

More
06 Apr 2021 08:11 #205051 by Joco
Thanks Phil. I'm going to assume that my seg faults were random and perhaps caused by something else going on during that particular run of linux. Move forward using 2.9pre0 and keep an eye out for anything odd.

Lots to learn on QTPlasmac and a LOT of machine building work to do. Especially since Rod has thrown a spanner in the works and starting making a reasonable case for pursuing a vertical machine instead of dealing with a flip/folding table.

Cheers.

More
14 Apr 2021 19:17 #205931 by Methier
neat B) , i like the old fanuc style too, visualy solid and simple.

Do you have plans on adding a rotary axis?

I will try this ASAP.

Regards

Meth

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.849 seconds