qtvcp issues

More
26 Jan 2019 13:05 #124892 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic qtvcp issues
i just pushed work (to master now) for more graphics view commands.
using action buttons or the ACTION library or calling gcode_graphics directly,
you can now:
set the basic view: X, Y, Y2, Z, Z2
clear the view: clear
modify the view: zoom-in, zoom-out, pan-up, pan-down, pan-left, pan-right, rotate-up, rotate-down, rotate-cw, rotate-ccw

Chris M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2019 18:36 #124914 by auto-mation-assist
Replied by auto-mation-assist on topic qtvcp issues
I’m not sure yet but its part of attempting to trace down what I think my observations tell me since its an event monitor. I think this is related to having a second terminal window open in my folder /home/cnc/qtvcp-dev and also one open and running linuxcnc itself as rip.

Sometimes doing something in second terminal widow will produce messages like this in the actual terminal running linuxcnc: task: main loop took 0.004563 seconds. It can occur even when linuxcnc is not actively being asked to do anything and is not not always consistent.

It may be nothing to worry about.

More
26 Jan 2019 18:47 #124916 by auto-mation-assist
I was making some mechanical upgrades in my Z axis drive and remembered that I do not have a dro display for the mills knee yet which is really a convenience item. The knee does have a linear scale whose output I used to display.

The dro numbering does not have a 'knee' option for such purpose. The knee on my machine does have a drive motor but the knee is manually positioned when required. The motor has a hard time moving the knee up since there is no counter balance.

While writing this it comes to mind that the knee does not need a display if its output could be added or subtracted from the normal z axis value automatically. I will need to think more about doing that. Its output would then possibly show up in the z axis dro due to its modification to the z axis value.

On another item.

To day I'm starting on moving my automatic move out of limits function from hal into the gui. This function monitors all positive and negative limit switches. It activates with just a push of a button, drives the affected axis the correct direction no matter which switch is activated and stops when a switch flips back to normal. Most limits alarms for me are z axis related.

More
26 Jan 2019 18:47 #124917 by cmorley
That message is nothing to worry about and has nothing to do with the screen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: auto-mation-assist

More
26 Jan 2019 20:38 - 26 Jan 2019 20:42 #124928 by auto-mation-assist
While testing some of my limits I ran the machine into Z into limits and then got flooded with perhaps many thousands of repetitive messages that slowed to computer down to where it became unresponsive and required a reboot. I was not able to get a snap shot of the user qtvcp massages about axis 2 being in limits that were all in 'black' but was able to take some screens shots about the problem it ran into that may be causing such a problem. I had to make the snap shot in two parts since the message I was able to copy is not expandable and wont allow text to be copied. I also attached the configuration file.

Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jan 2019 20:42 by auto-mation-assist. Reason: Added missing file

More
26 Jan 2019 23:13 #124940 by cmorley
I feel this is probably not the core problem - this is called everytime the notify messages are sent, so is more likely that something else blocked the required reply, but of course it is hard to say for sure.

One way to possibly prove this and maybe find another problem, I would suggest that you turn off the notify option in the screenoption widget, at least temporarily.
Then see if you can force the problem again.

I was thinking more on the continuous error message problem, and am now thinking I could have it count the number and if it gets say 5 messages it shuts down

I have another suggestion for your Git commits:
I downloaded your latest work to see if I could notice anything that could cause your error. All your commit meesages say the same thing - the signoff message.
It would be help full if you added a description of what your commit has changed and dropped the signoff.

Chris M

More
27 Jan 2019 00:29 #124943 by cmorley
I pushed work to limit the error dialog to 5 errors.
After that it shuts down and prints the error to the terminal.

Hopefully this is more helpful

Chris M

More
29 Jan 2019 03:15 #125126 by auto-mation-assist
Ok that's good. Was commenting out all the message and voice stuff in the .py files. The voice does no good anyway when your next to a noisy machine. It logs everything I need to the terminal window.

I'm in the process of changing my dev computer over to mint 19.1 and qt 5.9.5. Mint 19.1 is installed and QT is busy installing. After it is done I can compile a RT kernel. I will try RT kernel 4.9.146. Will have to wait to see if its workable when done.

More
30 Jan 2019 07:44 - 30 Jan 2019 07:47 #125259 by auto-mation-assist
RT kernel 4.9.146 was not suitable but I have mint 19.1 running on the 4.14.93-rt53 kernel.

Linux cnc is running fine but I have an issue with the interface to the QT5.9.5 designer which is also appears to be running fine but no linuxcnc widgets show up and /qtvcp/plugins/qtvcp_plugin.py is never executing. The required link to qt5.9 libpyqt5_py2.so is in place and working.

This problem makes me think that there could be a possibility that the /lib/python/qtvcp/designer/x86_64/qt5.9/libpyqt5_py2.so supplied with QTvcp might not be the right one to use with QT5.9.5. There could ofcourse be another issue. Perhaps even a Python version error.

In any case mint 19.1 cinnamon uname -a gives back:
Linux cnc1 4.14.93-rt53 #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Tue Jan 29 01:00:10 AKST 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Any I have not seen any other problems yet. I do feel that some of the icons they use are a big step backwards from prior versions of mint.
Last edit: 30 Jan 2019 07:47 by auto-mation-assist. Reason: Added a note on potential python version error

More
30 Jan 2019 07:54 #125261 by cmorley
In my machine controller, I can not get a compiled kernel to load, i get a 'can't find suitable memory' error on boot. Still working that out.
But using a generic kerenel I have Mint 19 working and with designer finding the libraries.

When Designer is open, if you click on help/about plugins, do you see the libpyqt5_py2 listed?

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds