Error in tool_offsetview.py

More
17 Aug 2023 16:51 #278276 by MarkoPolo
Hi Chris.
Many thanks for such a nice update of the qtdragon_ABOUT file.

As for the button icons, I can add the remaining letters, I just need a simple sketch in which directions the arrows of individual letters should go.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2023 17:43 #278284 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Error in tool_offsetview.py
Glad you appreciated that - I appreciate the continued effort.
I think arrows for up and down would be sufficient - just representing positive and negative directions.

More
17 Aug 2023 23:08 #278312 by MarkoPolo
I made the button icons of the remaining letters, see if it can be like that or change something.
Attachments:

More
18 Aug 2023 17:57 #278403 by MarkoPolo
Some more tweaks to the 4th and 5th axis buttons.
Attachments:

More
19 Aug 2023 20:55 #278496 by MarkoPolo
I like hole_enlarge.py a lot, but I found two problems.
1. In my system, I can't type a period and if I type a comma it lights up red as an error. The problem is with the validator. We've dealt with this before. After using the regular expression based validator, everything is ok. I corrected these lines and it works fine.

#        self.lineEdit_tool.setValidator(QtGui.QIntValidator(0, 19999))
#        self.lineEdit_spindle.setValidator(QtGui.QIntValidator(0, 99999))
#        self.lineEdit_feed.setValidator(QtGui.QIntValidator(0, 9999))
#        self.lineEdit_tool_dia.setValidator(QtGui.QDoubleValidator(0, 99.9, 4))
#        self.lineEdit_start_dia.setValidator(QtGui.QDoubleValidator(0.0, 999.9, 4))
#        self.lineEdit_final_dia.setValidator(QtGui.QDoubleValidator(0.0, 999.9, 4))
#        self.lineEdit_loops.setValidator(QtGui.QIntValidator(0, 99))
#        self.lineEdit_cut_depth.setValidator(QtGui.QDoubleValidator(0.0, 99.9, 4))
#        self.lineEdit_z_safe.setValidator(QtGui.QDoubleValidator(0.0, 999.9, 4))

self.lineEdit_tool.setValidator(QtGui.QRegExpValidator(QtCore.QRegExp('[0-9]{0,5}')))
        self.lineEdit_spindle.setValidator(QtGui.QRegExpValidator(QtCore.QRegExp('[0-9]{0,5}')))
        self.lineEdit_feed.setValidator(QtGui.QRegExpValidator(QtCore.QRegExp('[0-9]{0,4}')))
        self.lineEdit_tool_dia.setValidator(QtGui.QRegExpValidator(QtCore.QRegExp('[0-9]{0,3}[.][0-9]{0,4}')))
        self.lineEdit_start_dia.setValidator(QtGui.QRegExpValidator(QtCore.QRegExp('[0-9]{0,5}[.][0-9]{0,4}')))
        self.lineEdit_final_dia.setValidator(QtGui.QRegExpValidator(QtCore.QRegExp('[0-9]{0,5}[.][0-9]{0,4}')))
        self.lineEdit_loops.setValidator(QtGui.QRegExpValidator(QtCore.QRegExp('[0-9]{0,2}')))
        self.lineEdit_cut_depth.setValidator(QtGui.QRegExpValidator(QtCore.QRegExp('[0-9]{0,4}[.][0-9]{0,4}')))
        self.lineEdit_z_safe.setValidator(QtGui.QRegExpValidator(QtCore.QRegExp('[0-9]{0,4}')))

2. The second problem is that if I enter the "start diameter" value smaller than the "tool" value, then the last pass is in the wrong place, as in the screenshot.
If the values are equal, that's also a problem, but a little different.
It would be good to make a security that only an entry greater than the value of "tool" is allowed
Attachments:

More
19 Aug 2023 22:15 #278504 by cmorley
Thank you for quick feedback - Jim made the utility for me - he is very good at them!
I pushed a start diameter check and the QValidator changes you posted.

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarkoPolo

More
19 Aug 2023 22:41 #278506 by MarkoPolo
Great, I tested it quickly and it works fine.

Just one more really small thing before I go to sleep.
In the "facing" tool, program startup almost always starts in imperial units, as shown in the picture.
The bolt hole circle tool does not have this problem. You would have to make "facing" run in the units in which the machine is, because you can make a mistake with the dimensions..
(or that only the right button is active, but I don't know if that's a good idea)
Attachments:

More
20 Aug 2023 06:41 #278525 by cmorley
Try replacing the original facing program with this one.
Ultimately maybe the utilities should all just follow the current g20/g21 for consistency?
Attachments:

More
20 Aug 2023 19:15 #278561 by MarkoPolo
The modified facing.py now works fine.
I think all tools, as you say, should work only in machine units, but I still have little practical experience, so maybe someone else will comment.
Another problem with the hole enlarger tool is that if you stop the program on the stop button while it is running, then when you start it again, the program does not start at x0 y0 but from where it stopped. Reloading the file doesn't help. Just like in the screenshot.
I modified the hole_enlarge.ui file so that it fits in the minimum size of qtdragon. If there is anything else to improve, please write.
Attachments:

More
25 Aug 2023 19:40 #278945 by MarkoPolo
Hi Chris

Have you tested the "hole enlarge" tool?
As it stands, I find it very dangerous to use it.

Marek

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds