Mazak Micro Slant 15 Retrofit

More
25 May 2017 21:57 #93636 by tommylight
Hand healed pretty damn quicly as i can do almost everything with it by now, still has a fuzzy feeling in some parts of the palm, but all is good, very.
Thank you all.
Mazak and most of the projects are still on a status quo, have to get something else done.
Will update whenever i get back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2017 23:20 #95743 by johnmc1
Good Day ,
There is a Mazak micro slant 15 manual on ebay, but it has a Fanuc 6t controller.
Cheers john

More
21 Jul 2017 05:49 #96207 by tommylight
John thnx,
I have seen them but they are useless to me. I need drive wirings and hydro/pneu wiring, and even that i can figure out easily, it just takes to much time, and lately i am low on time. It is 7:45 AM here and i have not slept yet.
Anyway, Mesa cards should be ordered by now, have to do a Hurco BMC20P first, maybe a Murata-weider......something that got burnt to crisp, and maybe then Mazak.
Regards,
Tom

More
26 Jul 2017 12:13 - 26 Jul 2017 12:14 #96460 by andypugh
Just in case it helps: I helped with some details of the retrofit of a Weiler CNC lathe in Stuttgart last weekend, and made some improvements to the "carousel" HAL component as part of that. It now seems to work very well for some classes of lathe toolchanger. It no longer locks up and becomes useless if passed a tool-number of zero (!), it supports a strobe pin and parity checking and if you ask for tool 10 on an 8-tool changer you get position 2. This is one way to get two tools/offsets in one station of the changer.

I should be pushing the updates tonight.
Last edit: 26 Jul 2017 12:14 by andypugh.

More
28 Oct 2017 19:16 #100949 by Jake
Replied by Jake on topic Mazak Micro Slant 15 Retrofit
Subscribed.....

I'm eyeballing a "microslant" right now also. I love that a micro machine is 8000 lbs.

More
16 May 2020 21:15 #168003 by tommylight
It's been 3 years and still nothing ???
Oh how much i am disappointed at me !
Today i stumbled on it while cleaning the shop floor, so got to do some searches and found nothing useful, like wiring diagram of the relay boards as there must be a gazillion relays there with the wiring not accessible without detaching the panel, making it near impossible to test stuff while under power to figure out what does what and when and how and why .....
Soon...... or not ! :)

More
16 May 2020 22:46 #168010 by jj80909
I don't know if it will help, but I have a PDF copy of the wiring diagrams for a 1986 Mazak QT10 with T2 control. It's almost 240 pages and over 27 MB...too big to attach. Maybe email?
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
16 May 2020 23:27 - 02 Apr 2022 20:34 #168013 by tommylight

I don't know if it will help, but I have a PDF copy of the wiring diagrams for a 1986 Mazak QT10 with T2 control. It's almost 240 pages and over 27 MB...too big to attach. Maybe email?
Thank you very much,
######################
just remove #.

Last edit: 02 Apr 2022 20:34 by tommylight.

More
19 May 2020 23:54 #168318 by tommylight
Changed the fuses today and turned it on, mice must have eaten something as it turns on all the fans, spindle drive is powered and waiting at zero speed, but nothing else, so no computer, no axis drives, no controller, no hydraulics ! Cr@p !
If i have time tomorrow i gona have to do a deep dive in it.
When pressing the enable button, some relays do click and it gets a very short pulse of power to the computer/console, oh and the cabinet light works ! :)
I am taking this as a sign to retrofit it !
There is also a small issue of the spindle drive powered by 3 phases at over 500V each! Damn, that can do some damage ! :woohoo:
Does anyone have a 3 phase spindle at 11KW to give for charity ? :)
The existing on and all axis are brushed DC motors.

More
20 May 2020 19:48 #168403 by tommylight
Did some diving today, the outcome looks grim.
I did recall that in autumn last year we had severe hail storm and my shop was flooded badly, some of the polycarbonate windows were blown in so a lot of that hail/rain got in the shop and consequently inside the monitor cabinet, it had some water in it and everything inside was wet to the touch.
I used a phone camera to record what is happening behind the machine as i still have not figured out how to be in two places at once, so i would record what is going on with the LED's on the drives/electronics/power supplies etc, and then watch that. So far only one of the axis drives fails to turn on and the main computer, probably because it was under water at one point in it's life.
So tomorrow will most probably be decision day, yank everything out, or dive some more ! I am leaning towards yanking, a lot of yanking! :)
Could not find any damage done by mice, so that was disappointing.
This thing has two big transformers, as i found out yesterday, and chasing the wiring through 5 cabinets on all sides is no fun, but at least it is good cardio.
To bad i do not have some AC servo drives and motors, that would have made the decision much easier.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds